PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:56 am

I think the upgrade option needs to come in. That would make a lot of extra money for the Paypal campaign. I think a lot of the initial backers would like to up their pledge.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:55 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: I think the upgrade option needs to come in. That would make a lot of extra money for the Paypal campaign. I think a lot of the initial backers would like to up their pledge.

This along PC version rewards.

After almost 1 month of Paypal campaign, around 1% of the Kickstarter funds have been gathered.
Ok we can't expect Star Citizen numbers, but let's face it, it's disappointing.
If I remember well, fans asked for a Paypal campaign because Japanese gamers are not used to Kickstarter and because looooooooooots of people would have pledged if there was a Paypal option during KS.

:???:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Amir » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:01 am

Kiske wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: I think the upgrade option needs to come in. That would make a lot of extra money for the Paypal campaign. I think a lot of the initial backers would like to up their pledge.

This along PC version rewards.

After almost 1 month of Paypal campaign, around 1% of the Kickstarter funds have been gathered.
Ok we can't expect Star Citizen numbers, but let's face it, it's disappointing.
If I remember well, fans asked for a Paypal campaign because Japanese gamers are not used to Kickstarter and because looooooooooots of people would have pledged if there was a Paypal option during KS.

:???:

Tbf, when you see the same few people asking for something again and again on the Internet, it's hard to know how many people actually want something. I'm still blown away Shenmue III has managed to raise $6.3 million; if the Kickstarter was set at $5 million and didn't reach that goal, we'd all be saying that they should have set a lower amount. I really believe the Sony E3 presentation gave the campaign a huge boost despite all the subsequent negative press.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:07 am

Well, myself had called strongly for Paypal because I couldn't give that much in summer and I still didn't pay anything today because there is a lot of remaining time before the campaign end. The mailing issue also convinced me to wait one more month to decide the final sum I could gather.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:11 am

@Amir I agree with you about the 2M$. It was a sensitive choice since no one could say for sure how much "Shenmue" meant still in gamers minds and hearts outside the fanbase.

@Yokosuka I will definitely raise my pledge before the end of the campaign too. That's why I'm waiting for those upgrades for Kickstarter backers.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:14 pm

is the banner correct? literally no one pretty much has donated anything in paypal yet?
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:17 pm

They've raised $65K. Whether that's a good thing is up to you.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:04 am

Based on current trends, I maintain my tentative prediction that we will reach 6.5 million and add one more stretch goal.

That's only 3.5 million less than the 10 million goal. When you really think of it that way, that's not bad at all. And I still hold out hope Sony or someone will see that relatively small shortfall and step up to do something about it before they finalize their budget (presumably at the end of this year.)
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Reprise » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:02 am

I think with its success, some other investments have to come about. I mean, look at games that have done worse on Kickstarter (well, every game ever on Kickstarter :roll: ) and have still gone on to do great things and have major investments. I pledged money on Allison Road (first person Horror game, spiritual successor to P.T./Silent Hills demo), for example, and the Kickstarter was cancelled within a couple of weeks or so, because Team 17 snapped it up and invested in it.

I'm personally just happy that Shenmue 3 is finally happening. 14 years we waited for this. I can't be negative. I just can't. Some people might call the Slacker Backer a "failure", but I honestly don't know what people expected. Slacker Backers almost never raise much money. It's just there as the icing on the cake.
Last edited by Reprise on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SMDzero » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:41 am

Paypal is basically gonna get us that super sweet rag-doll reaction! :king:
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:50 am

Interesting tweet from Cédric showing his interest for a Chinese localization.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shibiryo » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:09 am

SMDzero wrote: Paypal is basically gonna get us that super sweet rag-doll reaction! :king:

Hate to be negative here but ragdoll reaction is kinda shit. Some unrealistic crap if you ask me. Better be implemented well and Shenmuey if it does end up in the game
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Reprise » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:22 am

Shibiryo wrote:
SMDzero wrote: Paypal is basically gonna get us that super sweet rag-doll reaction! :king:

Hate to be negative here but ragdoll reaction is kinda shit. Some unrealistic crap if you ask me. Better be implemented well and Shenmuey if it does end up in the game

I trust Yu enough that it won't look like Goat Simulator.

But yeah, I'm not a big fan of ragdoll physics either. I'm assuming it will be done tastefully and well (hopefully).
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hanzumon » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:06 am

Yokosuka wrote: Interesting tweet from Cédric showing his interest for a Chinese localization.

I think, that Shenmue III would be a perfect game for the chinese market. The game plays in China as well. Why not?
Hanzumon
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:24 am

Hanzumon wrote:
I think, that Shenmue III would be a perfect game for the chinese market. The game plays in China as well. Why not?

I still think it's quite unrealistic to see YSnet pushing for this market :
- Chinese characters talking Japanese/English
- Are the characters in Shenmue really look like Chinese people, physically and behaviorally ?
- The tiny fanbase.
- Chinese market is not that big, apart for MMO games.

The only chance is to get an ambitious Chinese publisher.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III