Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:55 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
fittersau wrote:I don't know how he's going to do it...

If he had a dollar for every time he's heard that in his career he probably wouldn't have needed Kickstarter. :lol:

Yeah, true. We aren't talking here about some random average indie team, we are talking about the Legend Yu Suzuki, the guy has been doing this for even longer that some of us have been alive. The guy knows what he is doing.
Nobody would doubt a Kickstarter of Kojima, or Miyamoto, so no one should doubt that Suzuki will deliver even with a more strict budget.
#InYuWeTrust

GYO6161 has received 2 thanks from: SickOctopus, VukBZ2005
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Hanzumon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:30 pm

I think that Yu wants to implement a few key-moments of the deleted chapters to be in the next games ...

There are rumors about a fight between Ryo and Chai on a boat in Shenmue III. That could be taken from the deleted ship-level between the first two games ...

I like that idea to get the best of the whole shenmue saga with 11# chapters ;)
Hanzumon
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby iyapol » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Yu already confirmed the boat fight (chapter 2) won't feature in III?

Perhaps we'll see it as a flashback?
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:17 pm

Sad to hear that the story has changed from its initial form, but i guess it's inevitable after all these years...
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Sad to hear that the story has changed from its initial form, but i guess it's inevitable after all these years...

?

The way Yu described it, the story was always meant to be chopped and changed where appropriate, because making 11 games based on each chapter as they were originally would be foolhardy, costly, and time consuming.

We're not losing anything. In fact, I'd say we're getting more than expected, because I and many others used to think if a chapter was passed over it was gone for good. Now we know that isn't the case.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:00 am

You know how in Snake Eater Snake fights Ocelot on the plane AFTER the epic battle with The Boss???

What if this happened in Shenmue 4?

Like if after this HUGE EPIC fight with Lan Di Ryo travels back to Hong Kong by train and then Chai boards it and all hell breaks loose?

Would be an interesting denouement!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Sad to hear that the story has changed from its initial form, but i guess it's inevitable after all these years...

?

The way Yu described it, the story was always meant to be chopped and changed where appropriate, because making 11 games based on each chapter as they were originally would be foolhardy, costly, and time consuming.

We're not losing anything. In fact, I'd say we're getting more than expected, because I and many others used to think if a chapter was passed over it was gone for good. Now we know that isn't the case.

But we did lose the original vision of the story.

He was asked why he skipped chapter 3 and 4 and went straight to 5, and he answered that the chapter numbers don't mean anything anymore because he had to change the story's structure. A shame like i said, but inevitable.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

?

He was asked why he skipped chapter 3 and 4 and went straight to 5, and he answered that the chapter numbers don't mean anything anymore because he had to change the story's structure. A shame like i said, but inevitable.

But we skipped to 5 in the ending of Shenmue II. That decision was likely made long before either Shenmue game came out too, because no pre-release materials outside the Project Berkley video ever hinted at anything from Chapter 3 and 4. The decision wasn't likely made out of restriction, but instead just creative desire to streamline/alter the story.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:09 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

?

But we skipped to 5 in the ending of Shenmue II. That decision was likely made long before either Shenmue game came out too, because no pre-release materials outside the Project Berkley video ever hinted at anything from Chapter 3 and 4. The decision wasn't likely made out of restriction, but instead just creative desire to streamline/alter the story.

Oh, lol i thought that we skipped to chapter 5 with Shenmue 3 because Yu had to cut the story, my mistake then.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:26 am

TEASER: #Shenmue3 Interview with Yu Suzuki (Shenmue Dojo/Team Yu)

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: Hanzumon, Nankeiro, Yokosuka
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02 am

iyapol wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Yu already confirmed the boat fight (chapter 2) won't feature in III?

Perhaps we'll see it as a flashback?

Yes, you're right.

Regarding the story, he's going to keep the most important parts. That's why he didn't want to end Shenmue's story with Shenmue III.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Hanzumon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 am

Ziming wrote: TEASER: #Shenmue3 Interview with Yu Suzuki (Shenmue Dojo/Team Yu)

Anonther Interview? Great!!!
Hanzumon

Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:51 am

All the fan communities (Dojo/TeamYu, Shenmue Master, Gameblog) seem to have cooperated with each other to get the most complementary interviews. Great job guys.

Yokosuka has received 3 thanks from: Hanzumon, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Yokosuka wrote: All the fan communities (Dojo/TeamYu, Shenmue Master, Gameblog) seem to have cooperated with each other to get the most complementary interviews. Great job guys.

I can't wait to watch the interview, especially Yu's secret part!

By the way... I won TeamYu Magic Monaco pass during today's Tweetathon :mrgreen:

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, SheepheadCG
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:17 pm

Hyped for the interview tomorrow.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist