Kickstarter Update #47

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

Postby Kiske » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Technophilz wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: Doesn't seem productive to complain about a few test shots taken three months into development. *shrug*

Doesn't also seem productive (at least from a marketing perspective) to show such shots while the PayPal campaign is still going, they need to "convince" more people (especially those who are new to the series) to support their development, and what they've released so far isn't doing that any favours.
We have to admit that the marketing of Shenmue 3 has been a disaster so far, and they keep missing one chance after another which makes me really really depressed ...

Ok then. Let's admit they hire the best CG artist they can afford until the funding campaign ends.
They show the world a new groundbreaking level of graphics and deceive the fans in the name of "marketing perspective".

And then what? Struggle for 2 and more years on the graphics trying to deliver what they promised like it happens with other productions and forget about the other aspects of the game? (Mighty No.9 to mention one)

Again, I rather prefer to have a great story, a great gameplay and the Shenmue atmosphere instead.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby DEVILLE_David » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 pm

I am very convinced, it looks beautiful. But then again my expectations are not that high. They've done an awesome job and game's development is going well (comparing with the version I saw in Japan).

Thing is if they don't show development progress, people will complain and if they do, people are still going to complain because they're not satisfied. :-s

Ryo looks better and it's an old model, so I can't imagine how he's going tot look like in 2 years ! Considering the budget, the result is fantastic already. =D>

DEVILLE_David has received 3 thanks from: fittersau, FlagshipFighter, SickOctopus
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Himuro » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:10 pm

YS Net is damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they don't show progress, people will complain that YS Net are stealing everyone's money and that' it's a scam. If they show progress, it means that apparently the game will ship like that even though it's only been in development for 3 months.

I personally prefer a more hands on feel to game development and press information. I like seeing the development process evolve rather than wait a year or two after the announcement for a trailer with no release date in site.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, fittersau
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm impressed!
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Technophilz wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: Doesn't seem productive to complain about a few test shots taken three months into development. *shrug*

Doesn't also seem productive (at least from a marketing perspective) to show such shots while the PayPal campaign is still going, they need to "convince" more people (especially those who are new to the series) to support their development, and what they've released so far isn't doing that any favours.
We have to admit that the marketing of Shenmue 3 has been a disaster so far, and they keep missing one chance after another which makes me really really depressed ...

The aim is not to convince but just inform the backers of the dev progress.

But I agree with you, I don't understand the fuss about these images. There is nothing incredible about these screens. The Ryo charadesign is still awful. :|
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:05 pm

It looks fucking awesome, TBH I thought it would look worse.

The hut looks hnnnnnng.

The only thing is why using the test level.

Very pleased.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shredingskin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:06 pm

On the other hand Niao Sun looks like a tranny on crack xD

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: fittersau, Mr357
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: New Kickstarter Update

Postby shenmue852 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:16 pm

ConanTheKing wrote: I am shocked at how good that looks. For the budget they raised I expected that there have to be some compromises but the look of that game far exceeds my expectations. To me, graphics of that quality are going to make the world more immersive and atmospheric.

yeah, as soon as i saw those shots i knew there was nothing to worry about. Shenmue is back, and looks even better than before. All those devs throwing millions into Halo and and Fallout should take note of how amazingly atmosphere can be rendered without a huge budget or army of programmers.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:22 pm

DEVILLE_David wrote:Thing is if they don't show development progress, people will complain and if they do, people are still going to complain because they're not satisfied. :-s

Yep. Haters gonna hate. For a budget of 6.5 mil, I'm blown away. And these are early test screens! If this is how it looks now, what the hell is it gonna look like in 2 years!!

Excited isn't the word :D

Peter has received a thanks from: fittersau
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Great to see some new media finally :) Ryo is starting to look a lot better, it really is something to see him look like this with current-gen graphics, knowing his story will now finally continue :) Obviously everything is in the early stages, but as Peter just said - imagine what it will look like with some polish further down the line :D
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:38 pm

shenmue852 wrote:
ConanTheKing wrote: I am shocked at how good that looks. For the budget they raised I expected that there have to be some compromises but the look of that game far exceeds my expectations. To me, graphics of that quality are going to make the world more immersive and atmospheric.

yeah, as soon as i saw those shots i knew there was nothing to worry about. Shenmue is back, and looks even better than before. All those devs throwing millions into Halo and and Fallout should take note of how amazingly atmosphere can be rendered without a huge budget or army of programmers.

Come on guys, its looking better but lets not overreact...

One picture shows a better ryo on a UE stock building.
And another shows Ryo and a black suit in what it seems to be some kind of old irish fight.

I think we all know the amount of effort that is needed to make a Shenmue game and so far they are light years away from it... But you only get there by working.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received 2 thanks from: fittersau, Yokosuka
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:48 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:Come on guys, its looking better but lets not overreact...

Nope, best game ever, best graphics ever, best crotch pics ever.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shenmue852 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:23 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:
shenmue852 wrote:

Come on guys, its looking better but lets not overreact...

One picture shows a better ryo on a UE stock building.
And another shows Ryo and a black suit in what it seems to be some kind of old irish fight.

I think we all know the amount of effort that is needed to make a Shenmue game and so far they are light years away from it... But you only get there by working.

i like the look of the thatched house, and the UE stock building looks good. The Ryo character model, even if it is an older version, looks better than the dreamcast version.

if you're expecting it to look like Assassin's Creed, you're following the wrong game.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:29 pm

shenmue852 wrote: The Ryo character model, even if it is an older version, looks better than the dreamcast version.

No way. :lol:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shenmue852 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Technophilz wrote:

The aim is not to convince but just inform the backers of the dev progress.

But I agree with you, I don't understand the fuss about these images. There is nothing incredible about these screens. The Ryo charadesign is still awful. :|

why don't you like the newest Ryo? I disliked the model from the announcement trailer, but I like this newest one even more than the DC one. I'm sold on the new design and don't miss the old one anymore.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III