Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:50 am

DEVILLE_David wrote:Thanks Kiyuu and Switch ! It makes sense now. Still think that the missing ??? is Iwao. But would need a better picture.

Thank you for your dedication. I'd forgotten to include one suggestion, so I've added it to the spoiler in my previous post.

Kiyuu has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:55 am

Kiyuu wrote:
DEVILLE_David wrote:Thanks Kiyuu and Switch ! It makes sense now. Still think that the missing ??? is Iwao. But would need a better picture.

Thank you for your dedication. I'd forgotten to include one suggestion, so I've added it to the spoiler in my previous post.

Thanks ! 熊 makes more sense indeed. Think I'll try to edit it.

Edit : updated

Last edited by DEVILLE_David on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: Switch, Technophilz
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:21 am

Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Is Shenmue 3 confirmed for PSE? I know Gio and Boyes hung out with Yu & co. a few weeks ago, but I didn't think they were planning anything for PSE.

Not confirmed, just speculating. It's not on the list of games but Shenmue fans can still dream (2015 after all is the Year All The Dreams Came True ;) ).

I think we're more likely to see Shenmue HD really, though PSE has panels, correct? Yu could be doing a Shenmue 3 panel/presentation. Probably just an English version of the one this thread is about.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:29 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Is Shenmue 3 confirmed for PSE? I know Gio and Boyes hung out with Yu & co. a few weeks ago, but I didn't think they were planning anything for PSE.

Not confirmed, just speculating. It's not on the list of games but Shenmue fans can still dream (2015 after all is the Year All The Dreams Came True ;) ).

I think we're more likely to see Shenmue HD really, though PSE has panels, correct? Yu could be doing a Shenmue 3 panel/presentation. Probably just an English version of the one this thread is about.

Hopefully he'll run the presentation on a faster PC before the Western clickbait press starts taking clips out of context with headlines of "SHENMUE III CAN'T MAINTAIN STEADY FRAMERATE KICKSTARTER WAS A MASSIVE SCAM LOSE WEIGHT WITH THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK"

Amir has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby fittersau » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 am

Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
Amir wrote:

Hopefully he'll run the presentation on a faster PC before the Western clickbait press starts taking clips out of context with headlines of "SHENMUE III CAN'T MAINTAIN STEADY FRAMERATE KICKSTARTER WAS A MASSIVE SCAM LOSE WEIGHT WITH THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK"

Haha, that indeed. I wonder why he did allow that footage to go through and be used for the demonstration.

Probably because it was rendered at high resolution for a big screen and the PC which was doing the presentation was the bottleneck in decoding the video stream, not the actual gameplay footage itself. Now that I think about, this is probably the real cause. There's nothing in those scenes which would really cause a slow down.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Technophilz » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:16 am

DEVILLE_David wrote:

Just noticed a small typo : Adultes should be Adults
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 am

Technophilz wrote:
DEVILLE_David wrote:

Just noticed a small typo : Adultes should be Adults

Guess I was thinking about the French version haha. I'll try to fix it.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Dimsummoner » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:32 am

Yokosuka wrote:
open world and will introduce a kowloon like place and a village around guilin

Oh, so the game will partly take place at an urban location?
Dimsummoner
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby fittersau » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:40 am

Dimsummoner wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:

As urban as 1980s China can get, not very urban. I'd be surprised if there will forklifts there as even in the late 90s animals were still commonly being used to transport materials.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:52 am

Choubu will have the most "Shenmue-like" gameplay according to Suzuki in a few interviews, with shops, food stalls, etc. While I'm excited for Bailu and Choubu, I'm most excited for Baisha and the new gameplay elements it will bring.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:05 am

Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
Amir wrote:

I'm honestly waiting for some site to pick up on that from the Chinese presentation.

Something like:

"Shenmue 3 shown running with performance issues in China, still using shameful papyrus font.

- By Ben Kuchera"

On another subject, that image of the riverside shanty town is very interesting. I wonder if that is what Chobu will look like? Definitely has a lot of character.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Snakiest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 am

Seeing those interiors with shenmue music was so fresh and yet nostalgic.

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:17 am

Spaghetti wrote: still using shameful papyrus font.

This I cannot defend. What is going on there? Are there rights issues with using the old Shenmue logo? We saw it at E3, but then Jibby was asked to use the awful Papyrus one instead for his Kickstarter video. Maybe this is one of those things Sega is being a dick about. Really hope it's not Suzuki's choice, if it is one of us needs to break it to him that it might as well be in Comic Sans...

If that ends up on the box art I think I'll just keep the disc and toss the case somewhere it can't be seen.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:18 am

Dimsummoner wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:

I think it's pretty clear. The image is a picture of the old Kowloon wall though.

The right image is more interesting, it's shot from the Fenghuang Town. And Fenghuang refers to Phoenix in Chinese.

We know that Phoenix is a mythical bird and Choubu can be translated by "Dancing Bird" from Taiwanese so that makes sense.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Jibby » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:24 am

Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: still using shameful papyrus font.

This I cannot defend. What is going on there? Are there rights issues with using the old Shenmue logo? We saw it at E3, but then Jibby was asked to use the awful Papyrus one instead for his Kickstarter video. Maybe this is one of those things Sega is being a dick about. Really hope it's not Suzuki's choice, if it is one of us needs to break it to him that it might as well be in Comic Sans...

If that ends up on the box art I think I'll just keep the disc and toss the case somewhere it can't be seen.

Completely agree here. Even if Yu Suzuki can't use the original logo, surely he and his team can come up with something better as the current one is just awful, generic and doesn't give off the Shenmue feel at all.

What makes it even worse is that the original logo is in the bottom left of the slides, tucked away out of sight.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III