Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Switch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:23 am

DEVILLE_David wrote:
*19時 *マップチェンジ (FR : Changement de la carte à 19h / EN : Map changing at 7PM)

*23時30分 F.O ー F.I 莎花の家 (FR : Maison de Shenhua à 23h30 / EN : Shenhua's house at 11:30PM)

I am still trying to figure out what that "F.O" part is, but I have no idea.


How about "Fade Out -> Fade In"? So at 11.30PM you are taken from your current location back to Shenhua's house.

Switch has received 2 thanks from: NeoShredder, Yokosuka
User avatar
Switch
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor
 
Joined: January 2014
Location: Japan

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:49 am

Awesome stuff!

So what do we know about what this event actually is? Is it like a development conference or what?

EDIT: Perhaps Yu is there because he's back to do some research in China?
Image

http://www.30onthe3rd.com
User avatar
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: April 2005
Location: England, UK
PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 am

I've guessed some parts in the spoiler:

Edit: Added one suggestion at the end.

DEVILLE_David wrote: Tried to translate this screen as well as I can (can barely read some parts due to quality) :

Image

Info :

江の支流、狼回山をの*たところにある山村

民家 (FR : Résidence privée / EN : Private house) ** 戸 鐘楼 寺

の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about 袁(Shenhua's stepfather)*)

*の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about *)

PC **********
Q 鐘楼 ********
PC ******** F.O

EV 熊(?) (FR : Hirondelle(s) / EN : A bear) (*Not really sure, but it'll make more sense, isn't it?)

EV 石跳び (FR : Sauts de pierre en pierre (à vérifier) / EN : Jumping from a stone to another (like the first trailer where Ryo and Shenhua were jumping))
Last edited by Kiyuu on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Shenmue will never die!!

Kiyuu has received 3 thanks from: DEVILLE_David, NeoShredder, Switch
User avatar
Kiyuu
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor
 
Joined: December 2003
Location: The homeland of Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 am

Going to echo what everybody else seems to be saying, the game looks a lot further along than it has any right to be after only 3-4 months in development. UE4 seems to really be working out of them in terms of asset creation pipelines anyway.

Shenhua's new model is also pretty impressive too. It definitely is starting to look more like a modern iteration of how she looked on Dreamcast. Can't wait to see the same with Ryo.
User avatar
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: November 2015

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Switch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 am

Kiyuu wrote: I've guessed some parts in the spoiler:

DEVILLE_David wrote: Tried to translate this screen as well as I can (can barely read some parts due to quality) :

Image

Info :

江の支流、狼回山をの*たところにある山村

民家 (FR : Résidence privée / EN : Private house) ** 戸 鐘楼 寺

の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about 袁(Shenhua's stepfather)*)

*の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about *)

PC **********
Q 鐘楼 ********
PC ******** F.O


Here's how it looks after straightening and rotating the slide and integrating the English translations from David and Kiyuu onto it, plus some minor additions.

I'm quite surprised at how much detail Yu Suzuki has revealed, even though it's still at a high level.

(Spoilers)
The map change at 7:00PM is intruiging...

Some of the abbrevations seem self-explanatory, such as EV = Event, Q = Quest. Not sure about some of the others.
Image
Updated: forest event changed to "bear" (thanks to Kiyuu).
Last edited by Switch on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Switch has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
User avatar
Switch
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor
 
Joined: January 2014
Location: Japan

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby SledgeNE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 am

This looks so epic and awesome! :D
User avatar
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: October 2013
Location: Germany
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Dying Light: Following

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:56 am

Without wanting to look at spoilers of the translated text, does the 2km by 2km refer to Bailu? If so that's surprising, I thought we wouldn't get a 2km by 2km Bailu without hitting the $11 million Magic Maze stretch goal?
User avatar
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2015
Location: London
Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: DOOM (2016)

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:11 am

Amir wrote: Without wanting to look at spoilers of the translated text, does the 2km by 2km refer to Bailu? If so that's surprising, I thought we wouldn't get a 2km by 2km Bailu without hitting the $11 million Magic Maze stretch goal?


99% sure that is related with the free battle playfield (perhaps with High Ground Battle system).
Tweet Corsi to get Shenmue I & II HD remaster !
https://twitter.com/giocorsi
User avatar
Yokosuka
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: August 2014
Location: France
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:18 am

Kintor wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: Just popping in to say:

That looks incredibly advanced for four months of dev time, and it seems like the legendary Yu Suzuki development pipeline efficiency and detail stickling is hard at work with this game lol. It ALREADY has a feel, an atmosphere, and a "smell" as he might put it. And this is with over two years of dev time remaining.

Yeah. He may surprise everyone despite the limited budget...

I agree, for a game apparently so early in development Shenmue 3 looks absolutely amazing. No doubt Yu Suzuki's talent as a developer and a leader has made all this hard work possible, to make the most of the people and resources he has at his disposal. Plus, I think it probably helps a great deal that much of the pre-production for Shenmue 3 was completed the best part of two decades ago, allowing Yu Suzuki and his team to jump straight into full-scale development. Shenmue was always meant to be Yu Suzuki’s magnum opus, now all these years later he's picking-up where he left off.


Same here. I'm very impressed by the ryhtm of the development. Once the Unreal Engine is mastered and the artistic direction of the environment set, the hard work will begin: Animations, AI, fights, etc...

Anyway, so far so good! I hope we will see polished and good quality footage of the videos and pictures during Playstation Experience or for the next backers update :)
Those, who follow the path of a warrior, must be ready to die, in order to stand for one's convictions, live for one's convictions, die for one's convictions. That is how I lived my life.

Image
User avatar
Kiske
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: August 2015
Location: Switzerland
PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:27 am

Kiske wrote:Anyway, so far so good! I hope we will see polished and good quality footage of the videos and pictures during Playstation Experience or for the next backers update :)


I wonder if they'll skip the backer update this month since the Playstation Experience will be the first week of December? Either way I can't wait for the 5th or 6th of December, wonder what Adam and Gio cooked up with Ys Net...
User avatar
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2015
Location: London
Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: DOOM (2016)

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:07 am

Switch wrote:
Kiyuu wrote: I've guessed some parts in the spoiler:

DEVILLE_David wrote: Tried to translate this screen as well as I can (can barely read some parts due to quality) :

Image

Info :

江の支流、狼回山をの*たところにある山村

民家 (FR : Résidence privée / EN : Private house) ** 戸 鐘楼 寺

の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about 袁(Shenhua's stepfather)*)

*の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about *)

PC **********
Q 鐘楼 ********
PC ******** F.O


Here's how it looks after straightening and rotating the slide and integrating the English translations from David and Kiyuu onto it, plus some minor additions.

I'm quite surprised at how much detail Yu Suzuki has revealed, even though it's still at a high level.

(Spoilers)
The map change at 7:00PM is intruiging...

Some of the abbrevations seem self-explanatory, such as EV = Event, Q = Quest. Not sure about some of the others.
Image


Thanks Kiyuu and Switch ! It makes sense now. Still think that the missing ??? is Iwao. But would need a better picture.
User avatar
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: 埼玉
PSN: aizen59
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Suikoden II

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:29 am

Amir wrote:
Kiske wrote:Anyway, so far so good! I hope we will see polished and good quality footage of the videos and pictures during Playstation Experience or for the next backers update :)


I wonder if they'll skip the backer update this month since the Playstation Experience will be the first week of December? Either way I can't wait for the 5th or 6th of December, wonder what Adam and Gio cooked up with Ys Net...


Honestly, I hope they skip the backer update and wait for Playstation Experience. That would be a perfect time to drop some big news about Shenmue and give a final kick to the PayPal campaign.
Those, who follow the path of a warrior, must be ready to die, in order to stand for one's convictions, live for one's convictions, die for one's convictions. That is how I lived my life.

Image
User avatar
Kiske
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: August 2015
Location: Switzerland
PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Monkei » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:09 am

Oh man, those videos, and the music..! :heart:
User avatar
Monkei
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Bochum, Germany

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:11 am

Is Shenmue 3 confirmed for PSE? I know Gio and Boyes hung out with Yu & co. a few weeks ago, but I didn't think they were planning anything for PSE.
User avatar
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: November 2015

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:17 am

Spaghetti wrote: Is Shenmue 3 confirmed for PSE? I know Gio and Boyes hung out with Yu & co. a few weeks ago, but I didn't think they were planning anything for PSE.


Not confirmed, just speculating. It's not on the list of games but Shenmue fans can still dream (2015 after all is the Year All The Dreams Came True ;) ).
User avatar
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2015
Location: London
Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: DOOM (2016)

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: belinho, Hazuki00, JohnBlack, KidMarine, SickOctopus, Valascaziel, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net