Kickstarter Monthly update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

Postby Technophilz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:32 pm

KidMarine wrote: They said roughly once a month, right? Not on the dot.

Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I completely forgot this. Tbh, I'm 10x more intrigued by the team identity rather than what the game currently is.

Probably some japanese programmers and artists :P
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:24 pm

shredingskin wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: I completely forgot this. Tbh, I'm 10x more intrigued by the team identity rather than what the game currently is.

I have a theory, and this is unsubstantiated, but based on Yu asking Cedric not to talk about the staff for Shenmue 3:

It was not a reference to the size of the team. It was instead the makeup of it. I think Sony may be providing a few bodies from Japan Studio (if I recall Japan Studio is a very fluid team who can often end up working on many projects anyway and aren't assigned to specific teams).

In a wilder version of this theory, Cerny himself might be doing some consulting, and SEGA may be providing a few people from AM2.

The reason this couldn't be talked about is because it would of course stir up the "OMG SONY FINANCING SHENMUE 3 YU LIED SCAM SCAM SCAM" headlines again.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:02 am

shredingskin wrote:

And dubbers ! We're going to wait one year to find out which original voices come back. [-o<
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:06 am

Spaghetti wrote:
shredingskin wrote:

I have a theory, and this is unsubstantiated, but based on Yu asking Cedric not to talk about the staff for Shenmue 3:

It was not a reference to the size of the team. It was instead the makeup of it. I think Sony may be providing a few bodies from Japan Studio (if I recall Japan Studio is a very fluid team who can often end up working on many projects anyway and aren't assigned to specific teams).

In a wilder version of this theory, Cerny himself might be doing some consulting, and SEGA may be providing a few people from AM2.

The reason this couldn't be talked about is because it would of course stir up the "OMG SONY FINANCING SHENMUE 3 YU LIED SCAM SCAM SCAM" headlines again.

I wish. I mean... I wish all of that.

But problably, it's some japanese programmer / artist (Which is not bad anyway :mrgreen: )
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby fittersau » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:35 am

Kiske wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
shredingskin wrote:

But problably, it's some japanese programmer / artist (Which is not bad anyway :mrgreen: )

Cedric has said there are some internationals working on Shenmue 3, all of them can speak Japanese, citing it's impossible to work such project without understanding the communication from the director.

Japanese staff are easier, cheaper to hire than Western staff since the wage/salary expectations in Japan are much lower. With all the slow downs in Japanese gaming companies, I'm sure plenty of good talent has gone to work in Shenmue 3.

fittersau has received a thanks from: Kiske
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Esppiral » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:38 am

Looking at the current 3d models for shenhua and ryo I can't help but thing that at least the artist responsible for those aren't Japanese at all, just comparing it to the output of western and japanese developers it is pretty clear to my eyes that they aren't japanese/asian.
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby NeoShredder » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:41 am

Received a message reply from the KS team. "Finishing touches" are being put on the new update now apparently.

NeoShredder has received a thanks from: Amir
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Kiske » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:15 am

NeoShredder wrote: Received a message reply from the KS team. "Finishing touches" are being put on the new update now apparently.

Great news!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:22 am

NeoShredder wrote: Received a message reply from the KS team. "Finishing touches" are being put on the new update now apparently.

Ok sure that's a BIG update.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 am

fittersau wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
shredingskin wrote:

Cedric has said there are some internationals working on Shenmue 3, all of them can speak Japanese, citing it's impossible to work such project without understanding the communication from the director.

Japanese staff are easier, cheaper to hire than Western staff since the wage/salary expectations in Japan are much lower. With all the slow downs in Japanese gaming companies, I'm sure plenty of good talent has gone to work in Shenmue 3.

what are you talking about? japanese wages are among the highest in the world
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby fittersau » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:30 am

Esppiral wrote: Looking at the current 3d models for shenhua and ryo I can't help but thing that at least the artist responsible for those aren't Japanese at all, just comparing it to the output of western and japanese developers it is pretty clear to my eyes that they aren't japanese/asian.

Well, Suzuki said the same modeller who did Shenhua's original model is back but who knows where they are with the remodelling. Tbh if they got some of the talent from Team Ninja, I know the models would turn out great. (Talking faces here not generous chest sizes)
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:58 am

I just hope UE don't make all the characters "glossy", like most videogames.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:54 pm

shredingskin wrote: I just hope UE don't make all the characters "glossy", like most videogames.

Define glossy? The UE3 shine on everything is gone, but there is subsurface scattering now which is meant to replicate the look of skin, but it can give a kind shiny look.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Esppiral » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Human skin is actually pretty glossy/shiny/ we are used to see people or actor on tv shows and films with 1kg of make up in their faces to hide it, but the reality is different.
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III