Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Do you guys think we may get a glimpse of NPC characters at Magic Monaco? I'm dying to see some gameplay footage.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Re: Random Shenmue 3 Thoughts

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Mr357 wrote:
reptile wrote: Personally will play Shenmue 3 in ENGLISH to make life easier

With you 100% on that. I don't think I'll ever understand choosing to play a game with Japanese dialogue when you don't know the language, especially in the case of Shenmue, where the whole game is voiced.

Personally I find Shenmue more immersive in it's native language, so that's how I'll be playing Shenmue 3.

I am happy with subtitles. I have grown up with them since I watched more Japanese/Chinese/Korean cinema than anything else.

I didn't mind the English dub for the original Shenmue, but I just couldn't bear the sleepy English voice work for Shenmue 2.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby GYO6161 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:46 pm

For me since Shenmue 2 isn't available with Mandarin voices then i'll just use English since neither available voices are the actual language spoken in the country so might as well take the more convenient for me. However i can see how Shenmue 1 would feel more authentic in Japanese.... but that's just me. I'm glad Shen 3 is coming out in English.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby SMDzero » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:01 am

I think in Shenmue 3 we will learn what really happened between Sunming Zhao and Iwao. Turns out Zhao wasn't killed afterall and he visits Ryo in Bailu Village.

Sunming Zhao: SPOILERS!!

Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad’s. We were in that Laogai pit of hell together over five years. Hopefully, you’ll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your Dad were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Iwao would be talking right now to my son Longsun. But the way it turned out is I’m talking to you, Ryo. I got something for you.
This Pheonix mirror I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Tokyo. Made by the first company to ever make stone mirrors. Up till then people just carried glass mirrors. It was bought by private Ryozo Hazuki on the day he set sail for Siberia. It was your great-grandfather’s mirror and he polished it every day he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the mirror, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until your granddad Ryouichi Hazuki was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight against the Americans this time. This time they called it World War II. Your great-grandfather gave this mirror to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Ryouichi's luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Ryouichi was an SNLF and he was killed, along with the other Naval Landing Forces at the battle of Iwo Jima. Your granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Americans took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he’d never seen in the flesh, his stone mirror. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his dad’s stone phoenix mirror.
This mirror. This mirror was on your Dad's pocket when he was jailed for speaking against the Chinese government . He was captured, put in a Chinese prison camp in Laogai. He knew if the Chinese ever saw the mirror it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that mirror was your birthright. He’d be damned if anyone's gonna put their greasy hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he hide this mirror up his ass. Then he nearly died of dysentery, he gave me the mirror. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of stone up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the mirror to you.

Ryo: I see...

Shenhua: My father carved a stone mirror replica you can hide.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby murdiaries » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:27 am

Full chinese voices / subtitles would be a dream come true :)
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:49 am

Just wondering if we can look forward to a Kickstarter update in the next week or so, or if we'll just have to wait until Magic Monaco. Personally I'm okay with waiting, even if I do love the trickle of new information about the game. Gameplay details especially, I'm very excited to see more of the new systems in use.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KidMarine » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:50 am

Spaghetti wrote: Just wondering if we can look forward to a Kickstarter update in the next week or so, or if we'll just have to wait until Magic Monaco. Personally I'm okay with waiting, even if I do love the trickle of new information about the game. Gameplay details especially, I'm very excited to see more of the new systems in use.

They said we'd get an update once a month, and the last one was just before new year, so I guess so.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:15 pm

KidMarine wrote:They said we'd get an update once a month, and the last one was just before new year, so I guess so.

Well we got one after New Year about the poll, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for the air to clear still after that one. Either way... I get a little thrill when I see the Shenmue 3 KS has updated when I get an email alert on my phone.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:14 am

The february update will probably be about monaco magic, and that's in the 27th, so we have time to waste.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:45 pm

Such an uninteresting update to expect if it comes, with likely the 3 screenshots from Paris, a reminder about the MAGIC event (Cédric will probably disclose the planning tomorrow at Monaco) and perhaps a list of all the exclusive kickstarter rewards to make things definitely clearer (lol). The announcement of the pledge extension service is the big thing I want but it would be too much things to handle at the same time for them (lol2x).
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Passed this guy on my way to work yesterday. Reminded me we now live in a world in which Shenmue III exists :-)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby GYO6161 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote: Image

Passed this guy on my way to work yesterday. Reminded me we now live in a world in which Shenmue III exists :-)

HORY SHET SHENME 3 CENFERMM!!!!!!! ;)
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Huh. Wasnt sideways when I posted from my mobile. Oh well
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby GYO6161 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Anyone here a little worried about qtes in Shenmue 3 on ps4? Looking at the latest interview of YS, he really wants to push qtes more in Shenmue 3 so they will be a big part of the game. The game is coming to a playstation console for the first time and they have different face button icons than on DC, most of us grew up with Shenmue and DC and some of us with Xbox, both DC/Xbox have the same ABXY control setup even on the same places, so i was curious, anyone think that the X ⬛ O △ might prove some difficulty for people that are tuning in for the first time to a ps system when it comes to QTE's since they might not know yet where all the icons are located and qtes require fast inputs?
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 am

GYO6161 wrote:
Lan Di-sama wrote: Image

HORY SHET SHENME 3 CENFERMM!!!!!!! ;)

Not this again...

Shenmue III is not happening.

Really, who the fuck took seriously the YS picture of the forklift.

FUCKKKKKKKKKK

ing

Amazing.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III