Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 am

Next week is Paris Games Week, on monday Sony will give a conference. There have been many rumors as you know about Shenmue hd released before the end of 2017, do you know if Sega is going to be there?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:10 am

Hazuki00 wrote: Next week is Paris Games Week, on monday Sony will give a conference. There have been many rumors as you know about Shenmue hd released before the end of 2017, do you know if Sega is going to be there?

They're not listed as an exhibitor, so that either means no or a maybe.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: Hazuki00
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby sutoji » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:48 am

Shenmue HD is not coming this year

In fact it's never coming. Excuse my negativity but Sega haven't even started on the project yet. Shenmue 3 will be out with a HD collection of the first two. Sega don't believe it will sell well because they are right, it won't. DO NOT believe any of these rumours that the game is going to be announced or released in 2017.
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:59 am

sutoji wrote: Shenmue HD is not coming this year

In fact it's never coming. Excuse my negativity but Sega haven't even started on the project yet. Shenmue 3 will be out with a HD collection of the first two. Sega don't believe it will sell well because they are right, it won't. DO NOT believe any of these rumours that the game is going to be announced or released in 2017.

How do you know it won't sell well? That's not guaranteed.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am

Honestly I'm not the most optimistic person but I do believe the Shenmue HD collection have a chance of turning a decent profit. Sure they probably won't sell millions but then they don't need to considering the much lower cost of development compared to a new game. I think with all the publicity the series has gotten since Shenmue 3 was announced I would be highly surprised if the HD remasters failed.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am

Why isn't Sega funding Shenmue III? It's only $50M they need to splash and they're loaded with cash!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am

sutoji wrote: Shenmue HD is not coming this year

Tend to agree that it won't happen; just doesn't seem in the cards, especially when looking at history, trends, etc.

As for my own selfish needs (probably the only selfish Shenmue-related feeling), I don't want them to release it; if you want to play it, fork out the cash for a DC! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Truck_1_0_1_ has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Kiske » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:26 am

ShenGCH wrote:
Hazuki00 wrote: Next week is Paris Games Week, on monday Sony will give a conference. There have been many rumors as you know about Shenmue hd released before the end of 2017, do you know if Sega is going to be there?

They're not listed as an exhibitor, so that either means no or a maybe.

They are not listed because they are probably distributed by Koch Media / Deep Silver.

https://www.parisgamesweek.com/en/article/koch-media
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Sappharad » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Unfortunately it's off-screen, so it's hard to tell if the colors are accurate or not.

You have the Windows start bar at the bottom as a reference point for pure black and white. That doesn't help with color accuracy, but it does help with brightness. If you crop out everything else in the photo except the monitor then do black level correction against the bottom, the blue gets slightly darker. Not sure if that helps or not, as the colors are still crushed a bit.
Kiske wrote:They are not listed because they are probably distributed by Koch Media / Deep Silver.

Deep Silver isn't going to announce a game on Sega's behalf either. It just doesn't make sense, they've never done it before either. And Sony is more likely to focus on games developed by their studios and partners in Europe during Paris games week, such as Quantic Dream or Media Molecule. I'm not expecting much news regarding Japanese developed titles until PSX. (And we already know not to expect Shenmue 3, given the information from Gamescom)

For what it's worth, I will be at PSX again this year but not with false hopes of Shenmue 3 news like last year. I had vacation days to use up, and last year was somewhat fun.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:37 am

Sappharad wrote:
Kiske wrote:They are not listed because they are probably distributed by Koch Media / Deep Silver.

Deep Silver isn't going to announce a game on Sega's behalf either. It just doesn't make sense, they've never done it before either. And Sony is more likely to focus on games developed by their studios and partners in Europe during Paris games week, such as Quantic Dream or Media Molecule. I'm not expecting much news regarding Japanese developed titles until PSX. (And we already know not to expect Shenmue 3, given the information from Gamescom)

For what it's worth, I will be at PSX again this year but not with false hopes of Shenmue 3 news like last year. I had vacation days to use up, and last year was somewhat fun.

That makes sense, I was just answering to the question about Sega's presence at PGW.

I honestly have no idea what to expect for the PGW or the PSX, on both Shenmue HD or Shenmue 3 (Not at PGW for sure) front.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby KidMarine » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 am

We getting an update today or what?

KidMarine has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:53 am

It's already too late for an update today. Maybe tomorrow or this week we'll have one or nothing until next month..
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 pm

KidMarine wrote: We getting an update today or what?

I was expecting one too hopefully we get one tonight.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby darksniper » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:12 pm

No update yet. Which is okay. YSNet is probably knee deep in development and can't be bothered with an update this month. In this case, no news is good news.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Maybe they've got the $50M funded to them, that could be a reason for why they delayed the update. I mean usually, they always have them on Halloween and that's gone now. I really hope this is the case because that would be absolutely amazing!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III