Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:24 am

sutoji wrote: I have information on the new update

Ryo's model is done and Shenmue 3 gameplay at PSX

Ok, I have two questions. One, does Ryo's final model look like this Image and two, where did you get this information from?
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Kiske » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 am

Every week there's someone who has some secret exclusive information about either Shenmue HD or Shenmue 3...
Why would YOU know that?

Kiske has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Valascaziel » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:16 am

sutoji wrote:I have information on the new update

What reputable credentials or sources do you have to verify your claims or cement you as an industry insider? I see nothing on Twitter or ResetERA to corroborate your information.

This is wishful thinking, folks. I do believe Shenmue III will be at PSX, probably HD as well, but to expect gameplay is a bit far fetched.

I base my prediction on Yu's statement of ramping up promotion near the year's end and PSX is the only stage capable of doing so, or maybe The Game Awards, but the former has the best shot.

People think Sony fired their heaviest guns at Paris, but I disagree. They still haven't shown Shenmue III, Resident Evil 2 REmake, FFVII, Dreams, Days Gone or other hits they have lined up.

At best we will get a nicely done cinematic trailer, but gameplay still has to be too early to show in my book.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:14 am

Not sure where he is, but Cedric just posted a Twitter pic of him with Yu Suzuki.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... gr%5Etweet

Assuming in Tokyo for a status check.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Kiske
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Kiske » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:46 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: Not sure where he is, but Cedric just posted a Twitter pic of him with Yu Suzuki.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... gr%5Etweet

Assuming in Tokyo for a status check.

He's indeed in Japan, but I don't think it's specifically for a status check on Shenmue 3, at least according to his Twitter feed.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby KidMarine » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:54 am

Nice to see them smiling at least.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Complete and utter bollocks.

Valascaziel wrote:
What reputable credentials or sources do you have to verify your claims or cement you as an industry insider? I see nothing on Twitter or ResetERA to corroborate your information.

This is wishful thinking, folks. I do believe Shenmue III will be at PSX, probably HD as well, but to expect gameplay is a bit far fetched.

I base my prediction on Yu's statement of ramping up promotion near the year's end and PSX is the only stage capable of doing so, or maybe The Game Awards, but the former has the best shot.

People think Sony fired their heaviest guns at Paris, but I disagree. They still haven't shown Shenmue III, Resident Evil 2 REmake, FFVII, Dreams, Days Gone or other hits they have lined up.

At best we will get a nicely done cinematic trailer, but gameplay still has to be too early to show in my book.

Take it for what it's worth, but I would say to keep your expectations in check.

Peter has received 4 thanks from: Kiske, SheepheadCG, Shenmue_Legend, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Peter wrote:

Valascaziel wrote:

Take it for what it's worth, but I would say to keep your expectations in check.

WHOA! Peter has returned, welcome back! Nice to see you here. Now, if Spaghetti would return one day, it would all be complete =D>
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:44 pm

What happened to Spaghetti?

I'm on ResetERA, btw: bell wood's jet cola. There's a great Shenmue "community" thread on there. Anyone else jump over there? I'd been banned from NeoGAF for years for reasons beyond my comprehension, so it's nice to start anew.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby KidMarine » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:51 pm

Peter wrote:

Valascaziel wrote:

The forum isn't the same without you or Spaghetti.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Jibby » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 pm

I have exclusive information on sutoji!

He's full of shite.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, SickOctopus
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sappharad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Valascaziel wrote:This is wishful thinking, folks. I do believe Shenmue III will be at PSX, probably HD as well, but to expect gameplay is a bit far fetched. I base my prediction on Yu's statement of ramping up promotion near the year's end and PSX is the only stage capable of doing so, or maybe The Game Awards, but the former has the best shot.

I disagree with some of your PSX predictions. I went there last year hoping for it and was disappointed on that front, and based on my conversation with Gio back then I no longer expect them to do promotion at a trade show unless it's announced ahead of time. To my point, they did tell us about Gamecom in advance. There will be no Shenmue 3 at PSX unless they announce in advance that it or Yu Suzuki will be there. The interviews at Gamescom specifically told us they don't plan to show anything new until the end of the year at the earliest. (Not exact wording because this is from memory) Since 1 & 2 are in Sega's hands, those are still fair game for a surprise announcement, but at the moment it actually seems unlikely to me because the only re-releases of old games they've been doing recently are mobile. I don't think Sega Heritage Collection actually worked out for them, because they seemed to abandon the series after SA2 / NiGHTS / Jet Set Radio several years back.

I do agree that they likely have a good number of titles left to announce/promote at PSX though. Probably Death Stranding unless that's at the Game Awards first, but not FF7 specifically because SquareEnix said it's still a couple years off due to development being shifted in-house. They'll probably show Kingdom Hearts 3 instead, since that's due next year. As far as surprises go, I know Tetsuya Mizaguchi has been working on an unannounced VR game in the year+ since Rez Infinite came out, and I'm hoping they reveal that soon since Rez Infinite was first shown at PSX 2015.

They haven't even announced any developers or guests that will be at PSX yet, other than the return of the collectible cards. The cards are actually a hint at 3 games that will be playable though, since you got them last year for playing the respective games. (Meaning Destiny 2, Moss, and Shadow of the Colossus will be playable) I suspect they'll start announcing booths & guests next week once Paris Games week is out of the way.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:32 am

I would really like a revamp on the characters' personalities, specially Shenhua, that we'll probably spend a lot of time with. In the original she seemed a little bit too... Naive... flirting with stupid.

Another thing is that we have seen both times Lan Di using hand gestures to harness power (or channelling the dragon/mirrors). So far the only one that has been hinted ingame about magic/chi is Shenhua, even the most powerful martial artist yet (xiuying) doesn't knows (or is hinted to know) about supernatural powers. Will it be something that only a few people can master ?

Will we start seeing the supernatural elements in SIII or will it be sprinkled around a little bit and a full DBZ at the end ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III