Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 am

It seems that they have updated the kickstarter page's front image with the one that they showed as advertisement at te gamescom. They use the new Shenmue font by Suzuki.

I wonder if they'll show the complete and revised version of the 1st teaser with facial animation and everything before of the end of the year :-k
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 am

Hazuki00 wrote: It seems that they have updated the kickstarter page's front image with the one that they showed as advertisement at te gamescom. They use the new Shenmue font by Suzuki.

I wonder if they'll show the complete and revised version of the 1st teaser with facial animation and everything before of the end of the year :-k

This is a great sign! The company that I asked to donate $50M refuse to answer whether they've donated or not. You know what this means? Ys Net obviously asked them to keep the information classified or something like that. Big things are going to happen, I'm sure!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby KidMarine » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Hazuki00 wrote: It seems that they have updated the kickstarter page's front image with the one that they showed as advertisement at te gamescom. They use the new Shenmue font by Suzuki.

This is a great sign! The company that I asked to donate $50M refuse to answer whether they've donated or not. You know what this means? Ys Net obviously asked them to keep the information classified or something like that. Big things are going to happen, I'm sure!

Oh stop it.

KidMarine has received 3 thanks from: BlueCreeperBoy12, Jibby, OL
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Centrale » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:06 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:This is a great sign! The company that I asked to donate $50M refuse to answer whether they've donated or not. You know what this means? Ys Net obviously asked them to keep the information classified or something like that. Big things are going to happen, I'm sure!

Actually, this is kind of worrying. By now, I'm sure so many people you've asked have donated so much money that the budget is certainly ballooning far beyond even Star Citizen levels. I expect they're approaching half a billion dollars, and climbing fast. Feature creep is going to set in and the exponentially-expanded version of Shenmue III won't release until 2024.

Centrale has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, OL
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:57 am

Centrale wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:This is a great sign! The company that I asked to donate $50M refuse to answer whether they've donated or not. You know what this means? Ys Net obviously asked them to keep the information classified or something like that. Big things are going to happen, I'm sure!

Actually, this is kind of worrying. By now, I'm sure so many people you've asked have donated so much money that the budget is certainly ballooning far beyond even Star Citizen levels. I expect they're approaching half a billion dollars, and climbing fast. Feature creep is going to set in and the exponentially-expanded version of Shenmue III won't release until 2024.

These guys are the only ones that seriously considered the donation. I know this because they replied back to me saying they're interested and are looking into it. They also said that they'd give an update on the progress in a couple of business days or so, which they still haven't done yet. By the way KidMarine, just wait until the next update to see whether they make a big announcement or something (but there's still a possibility that they'll be keeping it confidential). They also didn't give us an update for Halloween so there must be a reason for that. This could be it!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Not that I think your strategy is going to work, but I know this movie studio seems to love Shenmue. I tried to get their interest during the Kickstarter days, but couldn't get a response.

https://twitter.com/annapurnapics/statu ... 5574739969

https://twitter.com/AnnapurnaPics/statu ... 0126956544

Annapurna Pictures is an American motion picture company founded by Megan Ellison in 2011.[3] It specializes in film production, television production, video game development, distribution, marketing, and finance.

Annapurna invests in finance and sales through its subsidiary Annapurna International,[4] formerly called Panorama Media.[5] It also produces television shows through subsidiary Annapurna Television[6][7] and develops video games under its Annapurna Interactive arm.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annapurna_Pictures

Not a bad list of pics. They much have some decent money behind them.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:51 pm

I recently hung out with Corey Marshall.
Truly a humble man and the perfect man to be the english voice of Ryo

shengoro86 has received 5 thanks from: Hazuki00, Jibby, Kiske, Mr357, OL
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Jibby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

lol

Jibby has received a thanks from: OL
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sappharad » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:49 pm

For those who don't pay attention to Sony news, there is no Saturday morning keynote for PSX this year. They're having a small event the Friday before it starts and only the first few thousand people who bought tickets will be allowed to attend. They wanted to try and kill the massive line Saturday morning that had people lining up 10 hours early by having a smaller event Friday night with a known attendee count. They also aren't promising any big announcements either, they wanted the convention to focus more on the games playable at the show and showing more about games that were already announced. This is why they had a press conference at PGW last week. I think this news doesn't rule anything out specifically, but we already knew not to expect anything related to Shenmue 3 anyway unless it was announced in advance.

The news kind of annoyed me because the way they initially described Friday it sounded like sort of a meet-and-greet with developers, as opposed to a replacement for the Saturday morning keynote which most people assumed was happening. I missed the cut-off for early-bird tickets by a few weeks because I had some things to work out before I eventually decided to go again. Being in the audience for the crowd reaction to announcements was one of the best parts of going last year, and now I'll have to watch it from a hotel walking distance away from the actual event. Oh well.

I don't have any reason to expect that we'll hear about any HD remasters this year either. There haven't been any hints dropped by Sega's media team to get excited over.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: Hazuki00
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby delvec19 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 am

Imagine the hype on this board if Shenmue 3 somehow managed to be released in December '17? I know we would be getting a much inferior game but still. Trust me I have no problem waiting for a much improved version, but the hype nonetheless would be insane right now.
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sappharad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Sappharad wrote:I think this news doesn't rule anything out specifically, but we already knew not to expect anything related to Shenmue 3 anyway unless it was announced in advance.

My statement above still stands, but...the exhibitor list for PSX 2017 was announced today and Deep Silver has a booth this year. They were not present at all last year, and I can't find any details of them being present at any major US game conventions in the past year. They were not at PAX East, they were not at E3, and they were not at PAX West.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... confirmed/

Now, keep in mind that Deep Silver is a publisher and has other games coming out next year besides Shenmue 3, however I still found their presence to be notable. Cross-referencing the list of confirmed games for the show, the only Deep Silver title that I saw was Kingdom Come: Deliverance. While very it's possible that their booth is just to promote that one game since it's due out in February, it's kind of interesting that they'll be at the show. It might be a good opportunity to strike up a conversation with any of their PR people who might be present.

Sappharad has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, Kiske
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

What do you guys think if they might give us an update on Thanksgiving? Can it happen since we didnt receive one for October.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 am

What I hope Is that Suzuki is hopefully preparing a new and tuned version of the 1st teaser for the end of the year. I can't wait to see something more!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 pm

So, today, while walking back home, I checked my email on my phone and saw a KS update for Shenmue 3. It was quite unexpected and that made me realize that I really haven't been thinking much about Shenmue 3 lately.
Then I asked myself: Am I still excited for Shenmue 3?
Well, of course I am! The thing is, when I think about why I am excited, the only reason I can come up with is simply "Because it's fucking Shenmue 3!". Because, to be honest, we have seen so little of this game, that it might as well be a yet-to-be-unveiled game. Not only that, the little that we have seen has yet to impress me and get me hyped (pretty much all I can really say so far is that the environments are looking pretty).
So, I'm excited (how could I not be? It's Shenmue fucking 3!), but not feeling hyped, at the moment.

Anyway, I still have faith that, in the end, we'll get a great game (though I'm certainly not expecting anything as ground-breaking as the first two games were) and that, before that, we'll finally get to see some proper footage of the game and hype will come back. And we need it to look good enough to get non-fans hyped too, not just fans like me, who, as I just said, are only excited about it simply "because it's Shenmue 3".

Also, the fact that we still haven't seen almost anything of Shenmue 3 makes me think that they're either playing their cards very close to their chest, or that a 2018 release probably won't happen. My gut feeling tells me that it's the latter. Fine by me, really. I've been waiting for more than 15 years and, just over a couple of years ago, I considered Shenmue dead and buried and my hope was zero, so... I just want a great game.
O Rei do Frango Assado

Postby badamn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:16 am

i also was thinking about what shenmue 3 meant to me.I followed the dreamcast obsessivly when i was in my 20s' and more importantly shenmue.but now im a middle aged man with a family and two kids and there r alot more things on my mind then there were back then.as far as video games go this will probably be the last thing i obsess over.honestly i cant wait to play it and i will be sitting here neglecting my family while i play it,but they will understand. because they love me and know me,and know i love it.i no longer follow sega or yu obsessivly but i am still hanging on to this chance for closure in that great chapter of my life.I mean at least until panzer dragoon saga is reserected!
badamn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III