Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Is quite interesting how they create a video game. There must be about 100 people working on the game or more I think. Im hoping they release behind the scene when making Shenmue 3. I love watching things like that.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby SledgeNE » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:20 am

My biggest fear in the last 10 years was that Yu Suzuki would sold his Shenmue to a big Publisher for example 2k Games or EA. I was so happy on E3 2015 with the announcement of Shenmue III and that the Core-Team is on board.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:00 am

SledgeNE wrote: My biggest fear in the last 10 years was that Yu Suzuki would sold his Shenmue to a big Publisher for example 2k Games or EA. I was so happy on E3 2015 with the announcement of Shenmue III and that the Core-Team is on board.

It was never Suzuki's IP to sell though, it was/is Sega's.
There was always the possibility Sega could've had another outside developer work on it, though, but they'd never have sold it.

I am just grateful that Sega let Yu have the license and that he got to pick his own team for Shenmue 3 (a lot of them ex-AM2 staff, which really calmed my nerves.)
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:44 am

Saw over on GAF that FFVIIR voice recording is almost complete and has been in game development since mid-2014. A possible Holiday 2017 release is speculated for Part 1.

I mention this because, if true, I don't see Shenmue III trying to compete with it and possibly being pushed back to not be overshadowed.

Spaghetti, what say you about the correlation between voice acting being nearly done and a game being almost ready to pin a date?
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Valascaziel wrote:Spaghetti, what say you about the correlation between voice acting being nearly done and a game being almost ready to pin a date?

In FF7 Remake's case? Seeing how it's a Square Enix product, a Final Fantasy game, and directed by Tetsuya Nomura of all people - means absolutely fuck all. There is no publisher or game series that is better at smoke and mirrors marketing bullshit, rather than focusing on getting the game out the door.

If FF7R has a gameplay demo on an E3 stage this year, that segment alone has eaten up to two months of development time for the whole game. If no release date is announced, it aint' coming in December. Even if it is announced, it could quite easily slip.

I actually feel more confident in Shenmue III's release window than anything I see out of Square Enix for FF7R.

Spaghetti has received 3 thanks from: Anonymous81, Himuro, Mr357
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Valascaziel wrote:Spaghetti, what say you about the correlation between voice acting being nearly done and a game being almost ready to pin a date?

In FF7 Remake's case? Seeing how it's a Square Enix product, a Final Fantasy game, and directed by Tetsuya Nomura of all people - means absolutely fuck all. There is no publisher or game series that is better at smoke and mirrors marketing bullshit, rather than focusing on getting the game out the door.

If FF7R has a gameplay demo on an E3 stage this year, that segment alone has eaten up to two months of development time for the whole game. If no release date is announced, it aint' coming in December. Even if it is announced, it could quite easily slip.

I actually feel more confident in Shenmue III's release window than anything I see out of Square Enix for FF7R.

I don't disagree with anything you said in this post. :lol: You're so savage towards SE. Goddamn! :shock: :lol:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Monkei » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:00 am

SHENMUE III IS HAPPENING.

This thought randomly comes back to me every once in a while and makes me smile. I don't think I've ever enjoyed being a 'gamer' more than right now. Not only because of Shenmue of course, there's a lot of other stuff, and it's the sum of it all that makes me feel so good about it. But Shenmue is a big and important part of that. Probably still the biggest, even (or especially) after all those years.

Monkei has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:58 am

Will Ryo train to defend against groin attacks in Shenmue 3?

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:36 am

Where's is what I (optimistically) see happening:

- Shenmue HD is released on PS4/PC and sells amazing.
- New Shenmue III trailer shows the game nearly finished and in good state.
- SEGA tries to buy a share of YS Net and offers to fund the project to the 10M mark Yu Suzuki wanted.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:56 am

Nah, SEGA is too busy still cleaning egg off their face from clearly forgetting/ignoring the IP for far too long, imo.

If anybody were to dip into their pocket, it would be Sony to fund it. I don't see it happening, though.

Still--SEGA could make it so a portion of the(supposed) HD Remaster sales help to fund III. Again; doubtful.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:56 am

Cédric Biscay is currently in Japan.

Just met with Hideo Kojima according to this tweet:
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/sta ... 3515549696

Hopefully he will pay a visit to Yu-San and come back with good news, or at least, great enthusiasm. :D

Kiske has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:13 am

Speaking of Cedric, his interview at MAGIC is in the current Weekly Famitsu (has a Zelda cover). According to his Twitter Shenmue III was talked about, but to what extent I don't really know.

Any Japan residents who can read the language mind having a quick flick through the issue if they see it in a shop? I don't really expect it to be very informative but you never know.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 am

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201703/09128374.html

The Famitsu interview with Cedric is now online. There's some Shenmue III stuff halfway down.

Google Translate's wonky take:

Shibuya Productions is also involved in the development of " Shen Mu 3 ", why did you become involved in " Shen Mu 3 "?
Bis Kai was originally a " Shen Mu " fan, playing "1", "2", I was very sorry that there was no "3". So, whenever I see the European event with Mr. Hiroshi Suzuki, I was jokingly asking "Is Shenmue 3 still"?

- Originally, we had a chance to interact with Suzuki.
As Vizukai Suzuki san, he was always proceeding with other projects as Shibuya Productions . Unfortunately the project was gone, but when I heard that " Shenmue 3 " development took on reality, I decided to be involved as Shibuya Productions. That is before Kickstarter's support recruitment began.

- Specifically , how is involved in " Shen Mu 3 "?
Biscay <a As a Co - producer as one of the investors, i = 23> I am checking whether development is proceeding smoothly or not.

- I think that many fans are interested, but how is the current development situation?
Biscay is doing fine. As long as Mr. Suzuki's wrist breaks, I think that I will proceed as planned! Please look forward to.

Seems Cedric still thinks the December release can happen, if Yu & co work hard enough?

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Switch
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:00 am

Almost 2 years later, the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter is still under debate... :???:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER5DPdjc22Q

Edit: Looks like it's a repost (video theft?) of an old 2015 video.
Last edited by Kiske on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:16 am

Seems like a repost (video theft?) of an old Super Bunnyhop video from July 2015.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III