Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:44 am

Hi guys... have someone here seem this interview with Peter Moore?

http://www.glixel.com/interviews/peter- ... fc-w475540

It is interesting for knowing what kind of importance Yu Suzuki had those days at sega.

The_Fuzileiro has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:29 pm

Not sure if anybody has noticed this before, but one of the pieces of music Yu Suzuki played from the Shenmue audio library at MAGIC Monaco (here: https://youtu.be/HjeCsdcSIUs?t=3129) is actually the track playing in the background of the opening of this segment from the Shenmue Premiere (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGOFaC_l4KA)!

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Amir, Kiske
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:20 am

Just for the record, the YsNet website recruit section has been updated.
The only notable difference is that the mention "urgent" disappeared from the point 6 (Cut scene artist).

March 8 2017 (screen capture).

June 1 2017.

Kiske has received a thanks from: John Doom
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Hazuki00 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:06 am

It seems that point 3 also changed.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

What I am most excited about Shenmue III is the last couple of hours of Shenmue II is the best part of the game. When in Guilin. The tranquil feeling the whole time and the beautiful area o the game. I want to explore more of Guilin. Shenmue III will make that wish a reality.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby darksniper » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:37 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:
The_Intruder wrote: Yu Suzuki said Shenmue III will cover chapter 5 and 6. Which one will be 6 from the 11 scenarios illustrations from Shenmue postmortem GDC 2014?

I believe 6 would be the 4th illustration. I really hope the Free Battle system is really good and not some QTE hybrid, since it seems to be a very martial arts heavy chapter.

In the 3rd image at the top with Ren, the mirror and Ryo..... Is that supposed to be Dural?
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 am

On June 30th 2016, YsNet posted a special update with this video to celebrate the Kickstarter first Anniversary.

phpBB [video]

Despite the recent YsNet announcement regarding the Shenmue 3 no-show at E3, do you think we can expect a nice update for the Kickstarter second Anniversary? I'm pretty confident about this. If they have material, but not E3 ready, they may release it for the backers. To me, the next update sounds like a good opportunity.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:02 am

Kiske wrote: On June 30th 2016, YsNet posted a special update with this video to celebrate the Kickstarter first Anniversary.

phpBB [video]

Despite the recent YsNet announcement regarding the Shenmue 3 no-show at E3, do you think we can expect a nice update for the Kickstarter second Anniversary? I'm pretty confident about this. If they have material, but not E3 ready, they may release it for the backers. To me, the next update sounds like a good opportunity.

I forgot about this, but it could be possible indeed! :D However I don't think it will be a very large or reveal much in this posible update, if so they would have gone to E3.

To mention that in this video Suzuki talks about facial animations and battles, they must be very advanced right now!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Verderame » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:30 pm

So, after 14 long years Ubisoft has just announced Beyond Good & Evil 2, aaand:

-It's a prequel, even if the first game ended with an huge cliffhanger
-Also, apparently none of the beloved original character will be present
-Try hard edgy swearing and cursing shoe-horned in it
-It's a shared online open world multiplayer game
-Possibly a Switch timed exclusive

I don't care about this series and i'm kinda glad about it right now.

But this is really making me think, somehow: WOW, MAYBE WE REALLY GOT LUCKY WITH SHENMUE 3 AFTER ALL :lol:
Verderame
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Outrun

Postby Sappharad » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:46 pm

I don't know how recently this happened, but it had to have been recently since I checked multiple times last month and I don't remember anyone mentioning it here. "The cache" is now off limits, directory listings are properly secured.

So I believe it's fair game to explain what that was for anyone who never found out the details. The Shenmue 3 website is powered by Wordpress, a popular website content management system. Basically, someone builds a site design for them and all pages / content on the site can be edited using a nice control panel with flexibility similar to posting on a forum like this one. (Actually, I guess a bit better because you have live styling / font sizes / colors / images etc.)

When the team at Awesome Japan is ready to post a new update to the site, they can log into the admin panel, write up their post in advance and save it privately before it gets published live for everyone to see. The problem is that when they add images and videos to a post, those have to get uploaded to the server. By default, Wordpress uploads go into a /wp-content/uploads/YEAR/MONTH/ folder structure. Each month WordPress automatically creates a new folder for items pasted into posts for that month. Previously that folder was not protected, so if you knew the URL of the folder for the current month you could see files that were pasted into the editor thus allowing you to see the images and video for a post before it was marked as "Published".

They usually didn't start preparing a new post until a few hours in advance, so this is how people knew when a post was coming. Directory listings are now properly blocked on the server. This could be nothing, they just finally secured their stuff. Or it could mean that they actually have something that they need to hide properly now.

Just thought it would be nice to explain how it worked now that it's no longer possible to view upcoming images.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:39 pm

The delay update was on the server for a day before it went live, which was waaaaaay longer than they've ever left anything on there.

There was a fear amongst Shenmue Dojo staff that the announcement would leak, so Awesome Japan were tipped off to the exploit.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Sappharad
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 am

Spaghetti wrote: The delay update was on the server for a day before it went live, which was waaaaaay longer than they've ever left anything on there.

There was a fear amongst Shenmue Dojo staff that the announcement would leak, so Awesome Japan were tipped off to the exploit.

People got "sweaty" all over the place to be fair! :D
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Centrale » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:49 am

Verderame wrote: So, after 14 long years Ubisoft has just announced Beyond Good & Evil 2, aaand:

But this is really making me think, somehow: WOW, MAYBE WE REALLY GOT LUCKY WITH SHENMUE 3 AFTER ALL :lol:

From the perspective of someone who does care about BG&E and has been anticipating it greatly... none of that is upsetting to me. The trailer was incredible. We already knew there were going to be changes based on the art direction of the teaser images they released over the years. Honestly it sounds really cool, being able to seamlessly transition from space to cities on planets - that's what I thought Destiny was going to be like, but with Destiny "space" just turned out to be a menu/loading screen. Solo and multiplayer co-op? Hell yeah! It's not like they shoehorned in PvP death matches. It's an incredible world and will be fun to play in with friends.

The only thing that I don't like - no release date and the fact that they specifically said it is at an early stage of development. Probably be a couple/few more years before it's out.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 am

Centrale wrote:
Verderame wrote: So, after 14 long years Ubisoft has just announced Beyond Good & Evil 2, aaand:

From the perspective of someone who does care about BG&E and has been anticipating it greatly... none of that is upsetting to me. The trailer was incredible. We already knew there were going to be changes based on the art direction of the teaser images they released over the years. Honestly it sounds really cool, being able to seamlessly transition from space to cities on planets - that's what I thought Destiny was going to be like, but with Destiny "space" just turned out to be a menu/loading screen. Solo and multiplayer co-op? Hell yeah! It's not like they shoehorned in PvP death matches. It's an incredible world and will be fun to play in with friends.

The only thing that I don't like - no release date and the fact that they specifically said it is at an early stage of development. Probably be a couple/few more years before it's out.

I loved the first game but I still haven't formed an opinion based on the trailer. I'll have to see to what extent it is an online game and see what the gameplay is like seeing that it was all CGI once again. I'm a bit disappointed at it being a prequel though, no one asked for that and I'm wondering if making it a prequel isn't an excuse to make an MMO type structured game.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am

I thought the first game was incredibly overrated, but I know people have been waiting ages for a new game. My favorite Ubi game from that era is Sands of Time.

If we're talking French adventure games set in a charming world, Little Big Adventure is in desperate need of a modern sequel.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III