Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:56 am

Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:06 am

=; :arrow: :oops: :!: :mrgreen: :badass: :mnky: :hitrock: :lurk: :lock: :iagree: :judge: :mari: :poke: :lilangel: :n00b: :onfire:
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby sutoji » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 am

Two new tweets from Cedric Biscay of Shibuya Productions regarding the status of Shenmue 3, get hype!

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/937602788879622144

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/937618522963812352

images from twitter:

Cedric Biscay :"We are playing the game and it is so cool"

Cedric Biscay: "We have played the latest version of Shenmue 3, it is truly the game we waited for!"
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:19 am

The little guy seems genuinely ecstatic about the whole thing, so I guess I'll take Cedric's word that this is the Shenmue 3 game we all waited for.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 am

Just saw this also! Very hyped lol If only there was a mirror or something on the wall next to that red thing, then maybe we could at least see the screen!!!

The day the we get gameplay footage is getting closer and closer, and just even thinking about that makes me loose my shit lol!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:45 am

Well, if Deep Silver is heading it up for marketing, I suppose it's possible they are now in charge of when the game gets shown(like Gamescom) and perhaps they'll being it to PSX or release a teaser around that time.

Though I highly doubt they'd show it without Yu present at PSX.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Abraham_1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:35 am

Cedric Biscay :"We are playing the game and it is so cool"

Loving the Rolex Submariner :tup:
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby Sappharad » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:14 pm

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote:Well, of course I am! The thing is, when I think about why I am excited, the only reason I can come up with is simply "Because it's fucking Shenmue 3!". Because, to be honest, we have seen so little of this game, that it might as well be a yet-to-be-unveiled game. Not only that, the little that we have seen has yet to impress me and get me hyped (pretty much all I can really say so far is that the environments are looking pretty).
So, I'm excited (how could I not be? It's Shenmue fucking 3!), but not feeling hyped, at the moment.

Also, the fact that we still haven't seen almost anything of Shenmue 3 makes me think that they're either playing their cards very close to their chest, or that a 2018 release probably won't happen. My gut feeling tells me that it's the latter. Fine by me, really. I've been waiting for more than 15 years and, just over a couple of years ago, I considered Shenmue dead and buried and my hope was zero, so... I just want a great game.

After the last update, I found myself going back to the Gamescom Teaser and I watched it probably another 10 times last week. The video is nice, and I'm pleased with what it shows, but then I went back to the 2015 announcement video and watched that again. That announcement video still makes me cry, even though I don't have a similar reaction to anything that's happened since then. I'm excited about the game, but I've very much kept my expectations in check as well. It's been almost 16 years since the first time I finished Shenmue 2 and Shenmue 3 will not replace that experience. It's going to be an entirely new game and a completely different experience, which could be as good as the previous one but I'll never be able to relive the experience of exploring a large open world based in another country for the first time. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think it won't live up to the quality I'd expect based on the previous titles, it's only gotten better so far since the Kickstarter began which seems to only happen less than half of the time.

As far as 2018 goes, I don't think it's going to be delayed past that. Fall 2018 still seems feasible to me based on what we learned from the Gamescom interviews. We know the world was about 70% finalized at that time, we know that people who saw the extended trailer saw mini-games and other in-game stuff and we know they've been working on character models which is where I expected them to be last December before we knew about the delay. It would be really nice if they shared some of their timeline goals with us (when they hope to be doing motion capture, voice recording, etc) but at this point what we've seen so far indicates their "2nd half of 2018" estimate is still feasible. If they have not started doing motion capture by April, voiceover recording by May, and haven't figured out what or when they plan to do for the backer demo by June, then I'll be skeptical again.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:26 am

I will be a bit disappointed if we don't get the demo by January.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby delvec19 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:58 am

south carmain wrote: I will be a bit disappointed if we don't get the demo by January.

Prepare to be disappointed then. It's not gonna be here in January..
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 am

Cedric Biscay‏
@CedricBiscay
2h2 hours ago
Nice time after hard work ! #shenmue3 @yu_suzuki_jp
@ShibuyaProd Many interesting things to come ! So excited :)
I promise to share with you as soon as possible !
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 am

Cedric Biscay‏
@CedricBiscay
2h2 hours ago
Nice time after hard work ! #shenmue3 @yu_suzuki_jp
@ShibuyaProd Many interesting things to come ! So excited :)
I promise to share with you as soon as possible !
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:22 pm

More tweets to add to the list, this time from Sega...

SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Centrale » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Cedric Biscay has really popped his collar. The game must be looking and playing great! :-o
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Another year, another week of conferences with the rumor mill circulating...

I don't get my hopes up. These tweets are reassuring, but I'm really hoping to see something by years end, as they have hinted before.

Shenmue HD is the biggest elephant in the room these days. Something doesn't make nearly $7 million in funding from fans and you just sit back and ignore the previous entries. But...Sega, as we all know, gonna Sega.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III