Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:54 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: ^Don't worry about it. This is what shenmue.link says about the shipping date:

How confident are you in your ship date?
A rigorous budget and schedule has been worked out with our production team and we believe our target of 2017 holiday season is within reach. That said, our goal is to make the best game possible (and one that the fans want!) so please understand the schedule may change as the project evolves. Frequent updates will be posted on the Update page.

This kind of thing cannot happen with Shenmue because YS Net have never stated a specific release date. Christmas Season of 2017 is merely a possibile time frame they are trying to maintain as of right now but YS Net have made it very clear their top priority is making a great game and the time schedule therefore might be adapted to their needs in the future.

So if someone backed the game today and demanded a refund let's say, in January of 2018, YS Net could simply point to the fact that they had never given anyone a release date at the moment when they backed Shenmue 3.

While that is true, on a slightly different note, I find it to be troubling how dead set on a 2017 release, yu is. Without any leeway for error, financially or development time wise, combined with all the stuff that goes into developing a Shenmue game, being dead set on a date that barely hits 2 years, is a bit reckless.

I know It's Yu we're talking about here, and with all the other great people he has on the team(one of which, is capable of recreating the Hazuki residence in under a month all by him self in unreal 4, so yea a super impressive team, that even AAA companies can only dream of putting together), It's not completely unrealistic, but I just wish Yu wasn't so strict about the 2017 release date(things happen, so setting such a short development window, is a very dangerous thing..
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bellator » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:46 am

Zoltor wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: ^Don't worry about it. This is what shenmue.link says about the shipping date:

How confident are you in your ship date?
A rigorous budget and schedule has been worked out with our production team and we believe our target of 2017 holiday season is within reach. That said, our goal is to make the best game possible (and one that the fans want!) so please understand the schedule may change as the project evolves. Frequent updates will be posted on the Update page.

This kind of thing cannot happen with Shenmue because YS Net have never stated a specific release date. Christmas Season of 2017 is merely a possibile time frame they are trying to maintain as of right now but YS Net have made it very clear their top priority is making a great game and the time schedule therefore might be adapted to their needs in the future.

So if someone backed the game today and demanded a refund let's say, in January of 2018, YS Net could simply point to the fact that they had never given anyone a release date at the moment when they backed Shenmue 3.

While that is true, on a slightly different note, I find it to be troubling how dead set on a 2017 release, yu is. Without any leeway for error, financially or development time wise, combined with all the stuff that goes into developing a Shenmue game, being dead set on a date that barely hits 2 years, is a bit reckless.

I know It's Yu we're talking about here, and with all the other great people he has on the team(one of which, is capable of recreating the Hazuki residence in under a month all by him self in unreal 4, so yea a super impressive team, that even AAA companies can only dream of putting together), It's not completely unrealistic, but I just wish Yu wasn't so strict about the 2017 release date(things happen, so setting such a short development window, is a very dangerous thing..

Delays to release dates, are not communicated while there is still 1.5 years to go to until the target date. Expect that sometime after the summer of 2017 they will add another 6/12 months to the release date.
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dragon Light » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:39 am

Personally I am glad this game wont be out till 2018, All masterpeices take their time.
On another +note I am quite sure the game will be released on next Gen consoles by then, the Xbox scorpio and ps Neo what have you.
With that horsepower my God it will look incredible.
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mrandyk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:50 am

Say that going into the KS that Yu knew the game likely wouldn't be out until 2018. December 2017 makes more sense to be the date on the KS because fewer people are going to back something that doesn't come out until a full three years after you make your pledge.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zoltor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:26 pm

mrandyk wrote: Say that going into the KS that Yu knew the game likely wouldn't be out until 2018. December 2017 makes more sense to be the date on the KS because fewer people are going to back something that doesn't come out until a full three years after you make your pledge.

One would hope, and yea that's true.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:18 am

They should take more time If they need it but I think Yu chose christmast 2017 because it's an opportunity to sell more than on another date, besides, If I remember correctly, Shnmue I was launched on Christmast too.

Counting on the great team they are, I wouldn't be surprised If they finished on time!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Monkei » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:37 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:

They could also point to the fact that you wouldn't even be entitled to a refund if the game never came out :p
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SMDzero » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:51 am

Monkei wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:

They could also point to the fact that you wouldn't even be entitled to a refund if the game never came out :p

You just know that when/if the game is delayed some self-righteous backer will claim that he won't ever play Shenmue 3 on principle.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:57 am

SMDzero wrote:
Monkei wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:

You just know that when/if the game is delayed some self-righteous backer will claim that he won't ever play Shenmue 3 on principle.

That would be someone who didn't care about the game in the first place, and pledged for reasons that have nothing to do with wanting to see a new Shenmue game.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:18 am

SMDzero wrote:
Monkei wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:

Well he paid for it so it doesn't really matter wherever he plays it or not. It will be his loss that's all.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:55 pm

SMDzero wrote:
Monkei wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:

Sad, insecure, over-sensitive gits like that are usually the first ones in line to buy the game.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 am

Back since the Kickstarter announcement I'm wondering if there will be one or more arcade games in Shenmue 3?

What do you think?

The Hang On model (spotted by @ShenmueLegacy) in the YsNet office kind of raised my hopes (even if this can just be there for decoration purpose or for the capsule toys modelling).

Kiske has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SMDzero » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:21 am

Kiske wrote: Back since the Kickstarter announcement I'm wondering if there will be one or more arcade games in Shenmue 3?

What do you think?

The Hang On model (spotted by @ShenmueLegacy) in the YsNet office kind of raised my hopes (even if this can just be there for decoration purpose or for the capsule toys modelling).

I hope that Shenmue 3 has a ton of Sega classic 16 bit games!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Monkei » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:30 am

SMDzero wrote:
Kiske wrote: Back since the Kickstarter announcement I'm wondering if there will be one or more arcade games in Shenmue 3?

What do you think?

I hope that Shenmue 3 has a ton of Sega classic 16 bit games!

It's not a Sega game.. so I guess it won't have Sega games in it? Doesn't really matter to me.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrandyk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Sega would be smart to make their retro games currently available on Steam/PStore playable inside Shenmue 3. Surely they can work something out with Yu.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III