Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:52 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: Pretty much, 50 000 names (5$/credit).

7000 names for Shenmue 3 (100$)

Let's hope we won't end as "A Generous Backer" :???:

"Kamiya was right"

Saw that. Brutal :-o
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:07 am

Kiske wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
Kiske wrote:

"Kamiya was right"

Saw that. Brutal :-o

Accurate, however.

Makes me wonder what kind of names we'll see in Shenmue III's credits. I doubt it'll see anything approaching the scandal that MN9 has seen though, S3 is in far better hands.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:36 am

Instead of "a generous backer" I think we should all be credited as "a true Shenmuer!"
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby SMDzero » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:59 am

I had a thought.... about Shenmue 3.

What if some cyber-hacker managed to hack into the Kickstarter and syphoned all backer funds to his/her own personal Swiss Bank account?

If someone did that, and this resulted in Shenmue 3's cancellation, what could or should the penalty be?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Hopefully Shenmue III won't crash and burn like Mighty Number 9. At least we know YS is only focused on making this game, if it goes wrong we can find a bit of comfort knowing he gave his all.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Kiske wrote:

What do you mean? Too ashamed to be part of the said game?

So many "Generous Backer" are quite odd.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Kiske wrote:

It's not that odd. Some people back games and just forget about it, I know I have a few times. Though in this case they may have likely just not wanted to be associated with the game.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Hopefully Shenmue III won't crash and burn like Mighty Number 9. At least we know YS is only focused on making this game, if it goes wrong we can find a bit of comfort knowing he gave his all.

I think Mighty No 9 is a standalone case, ultimately. I know people are desperate to prove it as some kind of "failure" rule, but there's no real supporting evidence to back that up. It's just salty people jumping on a bandwagon they don't understand, and partaking in a sick kind of glee knowing people were let down by a thing they hoped the best for. Most gaming communities are total trash because of this, and I'll never understand the spitefulness of them.

That said, Inafune was too focused on making a franchise, the KS was overstretched with platform goals and pointless features, and the projects leads were a pair of nobodies who are likely just Inafune's lackeys. The actual KS pitch itself was fine, outside a few suspect stretch goals. It's only really in hindsight the ugly truth of the matter has come out.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Comcept, Inafune's production company and the developers behind Mighty No.9, have had two other projects ongoing: ReCore and Red Ash. Perhaps resources & effort may have been spread thin for Mighty No.9 over time, possibly explaining the reason for the disappointment. This would be my guess.
Aas far as we are aware, YSNet only have one project which they are completely dedicated to, instead of three.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Comcept aren't a developer as such, they're kind of a... "creative concepting" team, which would explain their namesake. Recore is being developed by Armature Studio, and MN9's development (headed by Inti Creates) was wrapping up (in theory) around the time of the Red Ash Kickstarter. Not only that, but Inti Creates are the studio creating the much better looking Bloodstained with IGA at the helm, which again, should have commenced development after MN9 finished active development.

Mighty No 9 is just passionless, mediocre, and unfocused. The roots of these errors go all the way back to the initial game plan, I expect. Doesn't matter which way you cut it. 10 release platforms or not, the core of that game just wasn't enough to live up to the promises and that rests solely with Comcept.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sappharad » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:34 pm

SMDzero wrote: Instead of "a generous backer" I think we should all be credited as "a true Shenmuer!"

I hope they just omit names that aren't submitted. There are so many "A generous backer" in MN9's credits that they would probably be under 2 hours if they omitted the nameless ones. Also, remember that MN9 listed all backers in the credits. Shenmue 3 it's only for tiers $100 and above, which is roughly 8,000 people. The rest are only going to be on a website page.

I hope Shenmue 3's Credits are more like Broken Age, where they're alphabetized and you can skip between letters and control the speed with the analog stick. That pretty much makes it easy to find anyone you're looking for. I don't think we have to worry about being numbered at least, since the numbers came from account registration on the MN9 website.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Sappharad wrote:
SMDzero wrote: Instead of "a generous backer" I think we should all be credited as "a true Shenmuer!"

I hope they just omit names that aren't submitted. There are so many "A generous backer" in MN9's credits that they would probably be under 2 hours if they omitted the nameless ones. Also, remember that MN9 listed all backers in the credits. Shenmue 3 it's only for tiers $100 and above, which is roughly 8,000 people. The rest are only going to be on a website page.

I hope Shenmue 3's Credits are more like Broken Age, where they're alphabetized and you can skip between letters and control the speed with the analog stick. That pretty much makes it easy to find anyone you're looking for. I don't think we have to worry about being numbered at least, since the numbers came from account registration on the MN9 website.

Eh... maybe they can just put the end credits on a separate disc? I could use a new coaster.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Kiske » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:52 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Kiske wrote:

That's not what I was thinking about.
I know Yu Suzuki will deliver the best game he can considered time and budget limitations.

I followed the discussions on the Kickstarter page of Mighty No. 9 and there is a lot of people complaining about the fact they are not in the credits despite having filled several surveys in the past years.

That's what I was referring to: Bad management of the backers rewards/choices, etc... leading to a fiasco similar to the Mighty No. 9 one. (MN9 IS a fiasco not only on a "product quality" point of view but also from the project management point of view)

As expected by the way, some people on the internet are going in "craziness mode" because they fear Shenmue 3 will be the next Mighty No. 9 :roll:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:54 am

That's what I was thinking too. The amount of "generous backer" in these credits leads me not to have full confidence in the AJ's management about the ultimate surveys. Fortunately, 7000 is much easier than 70 000 people to inform.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mrandyk » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:44 am

That's discomforting to hear so many backers were left out of the credits despite their own efforts to be included. I would be highly disappointed if I didn't get my name put in the credits. Not because I expect anyone to ever consciously read my name, just for my own gratification of seeing my name somewhere on this product that we have been waiting years for.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:21 am

At least we have Cédric if problems occur. I don't specially care of it but it's a no second-chance situation for me. You should read your name in the credits the very first time you end the game or your whole experience is partly wasted. They could sort a patch, the shame would still be there.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III