Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby south carmain » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:06 am

the stripes are a metaphor for prison bars that represent how he has been a prisoner of the shenmue series since he created it, he will only stop wearing stripes when he either finishes the series or dies.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Kiske » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:11 am

south carmain wrote: the stripes are a metaphor for prison bars that represent how he has been a prisoner of the shenmue series since he created it, he will only stop wearing stripes when he either finishes the series or dies.

Let's hope he lives at least until 2056 but stops wearing stripes before 2022.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 am

I heard that every time he approaches the self-service machines at a supermarket, the scanner beeps and displays "$6,333,295".

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Spaghetti
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kiske » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:12 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I heard that every time he approaches the self-service machines at a supermarket, the scanner beeps and displays "$6,333,295".

Brilliant :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I heard that every time he approaches the self-service machines at a supermarket, the scanner beeps and displays "$6,333,295".

:lol:

--------

In other news, I asked about Shenmue III at MAGIC. Whoever staffs the MAGIC Twitter account said they didn't know, but Cedric is yet to comment.

https://twitter.com/MagicMonaco/status/826471090927046656

With around 18 days until the event itself, Yu's non-appearance, and no mention in the press conferences, we can probably put the last nail in the coffin to the idea of a MAGIC showing. Barring any surprises, anyway.

If an update doesn't materialise this week or next, we're probably buckling in for a quiet period.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:29 pm

I wish we are able to carry our saves over Shenmue III with Shenmue HD remastered so I can carry my money. I won a Wai Sik on a $1000 bet now I have $69919. Thats a lot of cash to start your game in Shenmue III. :D
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:46 pm

The_Intruder wrote: I wish we are able to carry our saves over Shenmue III with Shenmue HD remastered so I can carry my money. I won a Wai Sik on a $1000 bet now I have $69919. Thats a lot of cash to start your game in Shenmue III. :D

To be fair, Ryo could probably buy Guilin with that amount of money. We don't want our favourite schoolboy turning into a dictator, now, do we? :P
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:04 am

ShenGCH wrote:
The_Intruder wrote: I wish we are able to carry our saves over Shenmue III with Shenmue HD remastered so I can carry my money. I won a Wai Sik on a $1000 bet now I have $69919. Thats a lot of cash to start your game in Shenmue III. :D

To be fair, Ryo could probably buy Guilin with that amount of money. We don't want our favourite schoolboy turning into a dictator, now, do we? :P

Yeah you may be right and I guess we start off the game with so much money it would make people lazy and not wanting to work in the game.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Aren't you curious about how do Ren, Lan Di, etc look like with unreal 4? We all have in mind theirs shenmue 2 models and I think we will see a big step forward in terms of design with this engine. More natural, more real...I look fordward to see them!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: Aren't you curious about how do Ren, Lan Di, etc look like with unreal 4? We all have in mind theirs shenmue 2 models and I think we will see a big step forward in terms of design with this engine. More natural, more real...I look fordward to see them!

Same!

I'm expecting clothing/hair physics to be a big thing for a lot of these characters.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:14 am

https://shenmue.link/post_en/452/?en

Legal amendments. That's our February update! :lol:
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 am

I think we will be seeing a stunning trailer at this E3 for Shenmue III. I do still foresee a delay, perhaps even announced at the same time as the trailer, as I just feel it isn't going to be up to Yu's standard in the December release frame.

The good news is it could generate some serious donations if the Slacker Backer is still going and is encouraged after the trailer. I do not think it would pull another 2 mil in 24 hours, but it could pull a good 500k or more.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:42 am

Spaghetti wrote: https://shenmue.link/post_en/452/?en

According to the inquiries amendment, the only holidays the team is going to take by the end of the year are the Japanese National Holidays and the week-ends. Working hard!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 am

Kiske wrote:According to the inquiries amendment, the only holidays the team is going to take by the end of the year are the Japanese National Holidays and the week-ends. Working hard!

I wonder if that applies to Awesome Japan rather than YSnet, because they administrate the KS/website/Slacker Backer campaign?

YSnet are probably doing the same, though, if not more hours. Remember that badly titled Eurogamer interview with Yu from 2015?

"Since that grand reveal, Suzuki's life has changed. Now he gets into his office for 6.30am, leaving at 10pm for the hour and a half journey back home. And now he's working through weekends, too."

Yu seems to basically live at the studio.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby khmlight3 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 am

Spaghetti wrote: https://shenmue.link/post_en/452/?en

Why is it when I go the website you put in the link which is the Shenmue website it's says Feb 9, 2017 but when I go the website from typing Shenmue III Slacker Backer campaign it still says March 14, 2016 and when I go there through Kickstarter?
khmlight3
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Currently playing: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III