Will DLC copies

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Will DLC copies

Postby Domosuke » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:35 pm

This will probably make or break me finally deciding to donate. The kickstarter IN GAME CONTENT rewards, will those discs be sold on online stores like amazon or ebay? Because I'll donate if one of you selfish scalpers promise to sell a few discs.

If the in game content discs or special edition kickstarter discs can't be sold to a second party, then I'm not donating.
Domosuke
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Re: Will DLC copies

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:00 pm

First of all, I barely understood what you are talking about, but after reading it for the 3rd time I think I understand...
The ingame dlc will not be on a disc lol it will be a download code for PSN etc. Imagine if you had to buy a physical disc to get a new character in Smash Bros. or to get some new maps in Battlefield.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Nobody knows how it'll come but here's my take:

The disks pressed for Kickstarter backers will be likely the same as those pressed for the general public/paypal backers, so the phone card add-on will likely be a download code.

Not exactly sure how it'd work for those buying digitally, as redeeming the Kickstarter edition on Steam for instance may be a separate "package" on the backend of Steam's process and automatically assign the phone card content to your account.

If you're buying physical PS4 though, there's a very high chance the phone card will be a download code that you might be able to purchase from someone else.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:20 am

I always felt donating was a no-brainer because this is Shenmue 3. I never thought not to donate over something like a backer reward.

Sonoshee has received 3 thanks from: Kiske, punkmanced, SickOctopus
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby alexh86 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:06 pm

At least on PS4, the disc version of the game will be fully transferrable to another person (buy, sell, trade, lend, whatever). Whether or not that includes the phone card and other extras is anyone's guess but I'd assume it will be on a download card (one time use) in the case. It's possible that you will be able to buy the extras separately on PSN as you can for many games but that is speculation on my part. Essentially at this point, we know if you back the game, you can get it on disc or in digital format but we have no idea what will be on the pressed disc and what will be extra. We also have no idea how the game will be made available to the general public (disc, digital or not at all) and we have no idea how the PC version will be distributed.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue III