E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:42 pm

About 3-4 hours left until the actual "anniversary". There's still time for AJ to do something, but seeing how it's completely in their hands I doubt they'll do anything smart.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Spaghetti wrote: About 3-4 hours left until the actual "anniversary". There's still time for AJ to do something, but seeing how it's completely in their hands I doubt they'll do anything smart.

I don't think they're going to do anything unless they are told to do something.

Let's just wait for the June update and hope for some nice content...

PS. Yes, I'm a little bit disappointed.
From what I saw on Twitter, the fans did celebrate the Kickstarter first anniversary. But only the fans, those who pledged over 6.6M$ In the last year for the good of Shenmue 3.

I will be glad if I'm proved wrong when I wake up tomorrow morning ;-)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kiske » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:57 pm

The strange thing is that I still have the strong feeling that something will happen...

Because of various factors I listed at the very beginning of this thread, but mostly because of Cédric's tweet in the last few weeks. He was teasing us and I can't understand why he would do that if nothing was going to happen around E3/Anniversary time. Cédric's last tweet is odd though: "I hope the team in charge of the KS campaign will do something."
Either he knows less than we think about Shenmue 3 PR or... he's bluffing.

Anyway. It's almost day time in Japan... soon we'll know.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Kiske wrote:I don't think they're going to do anything unless they are told to do something.

Let's just wait for the June update and hope for some nice content...

PS. Yes, I'm a little bit disappointed.
From what I saw on Twitter, the fans did celebrate the Kickstarter first anniversary. But only the fans, those who pledged over 6.6M$ In the last year for the good of Shenmue 3.

I will be glad if I'm proved wrong when I wake up tomorrow morning ;-)

What's annoying is that I don't think they need to be told to do anything. They're supposed to be autonomous, but they're not very proactive, put in a minimum amount of effort, and their social media and PR skills are the worst.

As with the campaign, fans seem to be doing a better job of promoting Shenmue and the Kickstarter campaign.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Kiske wrote: The strange thing is that I still have the strong feeling that something will happen...

Because of various factors I listed at the very beginning of this thread, but mostly because of Cédric's tweet in the last few weeks. He was teasing us and I can't understand why he would do that if nothing was going to happen around E3/Anniversary time. Cédric's last tweet is odd though: "I hope the team in charge of the KS campaign will do something."
Either he knows less than we think about Shenmue 3 PR or... he's bluffing.

Anyway. It's almost day time in Japan... soon we'll know.

I would be wary of reading into Cedric's tweets as teasing at the moment after this one: https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/742708411066912768

AJ don't really answer to Cedric, and they likely don't answer to Yu in any huge capacity either. Still, about 2-3 hours left until the actual anniversary. There's hope!
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:14 am

Kiske wrote:He was teasing us and I can't understand why he would do that if nothing was going to happen around E3/Anniversary time.

Because that's when he was playing whatever he was playing. He wasn't going to wait until after E3 and tweet about something he was excited about doing three weeks ago.

I think perhaps the word "tease" in his tweet was taken differently than intended due to E3 being on the horizon. "Sorry to tease" will have just meant "sorry to make you all jealous," as he was getting his hands on something in a raw form that other fans like himself won't get to touch until next year.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:57 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:Because that's when he was playing whatever he was playing. He wasn't going to wait until after E3 and tweet about something he was excited about doing three weeks ago.

I think perhaps the word "tease" in his tweet was taken differently than intended due to E3 being on the horizon. "Sorry to tease" will have just meant "sorry to make you all jealous," as he was getting his hands on something in a raw form that other fans like himself won't get to touch until next year.

Mm. That was generally my interpretation too. Unless there's a real smoking gun teaser, or a pre-announced appearance/attendance from either Yu Suzuki or Shenmue III, I will probably just expect nothing.

So I guess that means the next actually confirmed appearance of Shenmue III will be MAGIC Monaco 2017! It'd be rough, but I wouldn't mind if the game didn't show again until then. Imagine the improvement after not seeing it for a full year. :-o

I am disappointed Awesome Japan didn't do anything to mark the anniversary though, very poor show. The good news is we're exactly two weeks away from the last day of the month, and seeing how they love to leave it until the last possible minute, we should have a new update around that time.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Kiske wrote:He was teasing us and I can't understand why he would do that if nothing was going to happen around E3/Anniversary time.

Because that's when he was playing whatever he was playing. He wasn't going to wait until after E3 and tweet about something he was excited about doing three weeks ago.

That makes sense.

But, and you can disagree with me, in the hindsight I find those tweets somehow unfortunate.
It was legitimate for the fans to expect them to be related to some news/update on Shenmue 3 front since they were posted days away from E3/KS Anniversary.

Little reminder of Cédric's tweets:

I admit it. I had hopes, blame me :mrgreen:

Now, I'm more disappointed for the lack of anniversary celebration than for the lack of Shenmue 3 presentation at E3 to be honest.

And don't get me started on AJ.

The last update on the Shenmue 3 Twitter account is from april 26, for the April update.
Was it so hard to tweet the May update? After all, they are only followed by 10'620...

Shibuya Production used part of the Magic Monaco footage for their "Shibuya Productions Cannes 2016 showreel".
Again, was it so difficult to give that to the backers too within an update?

Apparently, they are a lot of people (backers included) who think nothing new has been shown about Shenmue 3 since the KS launch.

I'm sorry to say that, but they (AJ mostly) don't handle the communication around Shenmue 3 in the best way.

Now that I've expressed myself, I will leave try to leave this behind and wait patiently for the June update, with as usual, high hopes :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:44 am

The Shenmue community in general have done more for Shenmue III than Awesome Japan has. We should be given medals.

Or mirrors...

Spaghetti has received 3 thanks from: Esppiral, punkmanced, Technophilz
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:56 am

delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Biggest amount of BS I have ever seen lol. To copy and paste my response from Reddit, where the post is linked.

They said that the STORY was 95% complete. It even says this in the article that they are talking about and they even linked to it...LOL!! The game has barely even been started and has been in production for just under 6 months.
Source: "I can tell you the story is 95% finished." http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_948_sh ... bisc/page2
Cedric did tweet out that he was playing a build of Shenmue 3, but it is probably just a prototype for how the game plays and how Ryo moves.

Yu Suzuki himself has said countless times now, that he is feeling the stress for the 2017 December deadline, and that he has so much stuff he wants to put in the game, but he doesn't think he has the time. Fans have already started to say that they would be happy for him to delay the game to put these features in.

The bit about Yu saying that Shenmue III won't finish the whole 11 chapters is correct, and he did say that he would need a Shenmue 4 and maybe 5 to finish it all but also said that he wants to take things 1 step at a time. He said this about 6 months ago as well. Dunno who these Crossmap are, but they are just making up their own opinions and publishing it to get some attention.

To sum up, this articles is wrong, and I cannot wait for Cedric to shut them down.

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Are you serious? You cannot find more random that this random site. The article has some wrong points but nothing offensive.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby fittersau » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Kiske wrote: 3. Last year Sony played the "Perfect Trio" card with FFVII Remake, Last Guardian & Shenmue 3. They basically didn't want to repeat this move. (According to Gamekult analysis)

There will be no E3 like last years one.. I mean three classics that people have been yearning for years, announced one right after the other?? Such a beautiful unforgettable moment. \:D/

Kiske wrote:All in all, Shenmue 3 at E3 would have been great, but we still have the monthly Kickstarter updates. And after all, we know that Shenmue 3 is coming. On the other hand, not knowing IF and WHEN Sega will announce Shenmue HD makes me nervous. I'm sure Shenmue HD will come eventually, I just fear it comes too late :???:

If Shenmue 1 & 2 are announced at all, it's never too late. :mrgreen:

We just need to convince them to use Jet Cola etc.. I don't really care about having proper product placement.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:02 pm

honestly if I can't buy a fanta in shenmue I don't think its even worth playing.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:55 pm

A hype comparison just to know the successors of Shenmue III this year.

source : Brandwatch.com

source : DigitalContact.co.uk
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III