QuickTime on Windows still exists? O_o
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Re: Kickstarter Update #59 - Dev studio video

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:28 am

Speaking of the wireframe- it's a good thing they showed most of the content like that because it's really clear a lot of the graphical aspects are really unfinished. A quick look at the editing sequencer showed what it looks like with full graphics applied, and there's still plenty of work left to be done.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:44 am

Rakim wrote: Why is that guy wearing scrubs?

That's cool that Yu never feels alone. Closer of Shenmue III we are, better it smells!
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:55 am

Spaghetti wrote: Speaking of the wireframe- it's a good thing they showed most of the content like that because it's really clear a lot of the graphical aspects are really unfinished. A quick look at the editing sequencer showed what it looks like with full graphics applied, and there's still plenty of work left to be done.

I think it depends on when this video was shot. It could be a couple of months old or more, who knows. But I am liking what I see so far. If they don't hit the deadline I'm personally happy to wait until it's upto Yu's expectations. I just hope everyone else who backed will be this lenient... :P
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:59 am

August, 22th. It's written on the loading screens.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby jcjimher » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 am

My main conclusion after watching the video is that, if they are remaking the scene with Ryo jumping the rocks, they are probably remaking or re-telling Shenmue II Disc 4 (Guilin chapter) in its entirety.

So, the game will start with Ryo arriving in Guilin and meeting Shenhua, not inside the cave where we left.
jcjimher
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 am

jcjimher wrote: My main conclusion after watching the video is that, if they are remaking the scene with Ryo jumping the rocks, they are probably remaking or re-telling Shenmue II Disc 4 (Guilin chapter) in its entirety.

So, the game will start with Ryo arriving in Guilin and meeting Shenhua, not inside the cave where we left.

Mm. I've seen this theory a few times before, and it's certainly got some strong evidence backing it up. Still, there's always a chance they're including the sequence for nostalgic reasons, but I definitely wouldn't shoot down the idea that Shenmue III opens with a quick recap of Disk 4.

Sonoshee wrote:I think it depends on when this video was shot. It could be a couple of months old or more, who knows. But I am liking what I see so far. If they don't hit the deadline I'm personally happy to wait until it's upto Yu's expectations. I just hope everyone else who backed will be this lenient... :P

What Yokosuka said. These videos are shot like the week before the update goes live most of the time, and definitely aren't months out of date.

Still, not like it matters much. Graphics are one of the last elements finalised in a game, and with no real pressure to jazz the game's look up for a conference showing any time soon, we'll hopefully avoid the "downgrade/bullshots" mess most other games find themselves in.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:21 am

Forgive my insolence for not noticing the date the video was recorded. I was too excited watching the new footage, if I'm completely honest lol :oops: But I do stand by my comment that if a delay is required to get the game how Yu wants it to be, that people will be understanding. (I was told by a developer on another Kickstarter game not to be surprised if it is delayed... He mentioned a possible time frame but I daren't even write it here ;-) ).
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:22 am

Sonoshee wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Speaking of the wireframe- it's a good thing they showed most of the content like that because it's really clear a lot of the graphical aspects are really unfinished. A quick look at the editing sequencer showed what it looks like with full graphics applied, and there's still plenty of work left to be done.

I think it depends on when this video was shot. It could be a couple of months old or more, who knows. But I am liking what I see so far. If they don't hit the deadline I'm personally happy to wait until it's upto Yu's expectations. I just hope everyone else who backed will be this lenient... :P

They are working on the Shenmue 3 prototype, which doesn't mean is the latest build, but maybe the most stable for testing.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:31 am

Kiske wrote:Image

They are working on the Shenmue 3 prototype, which doesn't mean is the latest build, but maybe the most stable for testing.

Nice catch. Seems they recorded the direct-feed footage later than the office footage.

This video is full of little interesting details; namely the UE4 project being called Proto_Shenmue3.

Also -
the boulder sequence is in Baisha, and it seems the Free Battle idle pose is involved somehow at the moment, perhaps there's a battle on a clifftop?

The rock jumping sequence is in the Bailu section of the game, but we expected that given that it's directly modelled on the same moment from II. It also seems confirmed that animals will be in the game, as I noticed "Crow" was in the asset list.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Sonoshee
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:02 am

When we'll get to enter that cave again in Shenmue III it will surely be surrounded by a very strange feeling.
It wouldn't surprise me if some would develope fear that the game is already about to end again... :lol:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Puffin_Chronic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:16 am

Does it seem odd to anyone else that Yu decided to redo the whole forest walk to Shenhua's house? I'm all for doing it again, especially with the done up graphics, but it makes me feel like he knows an HD remake of 2 won't happen (or won't happen in time) so he wants everyone to experience that part of the story. Didn't he say before we would be starting at Shenhua's House at the beginning?
Maybe I'm looking into it too much, and maybe Unreal4 is just so easy to use that the time spent doing it would be minimal, I don't know.
Puffin_Chronic
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Puffin_Chronic
XBL: purpleINDICA420
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:27 am

Puffin_Chronic wrote: Does it seem odd to anyone else that Yu decided to redo the whole forest walk to Shenhua's house? I'm all for doing it again, especially with the done up graphics, but it makes me feel like he knows an HD remake of 2 won't happen (or won't happen in time) so he wants everyone to experience that part of the story. Didn't he say before we would be starting at Shenhua's House at the beginning?
Maybe I'm looking into it too much, and maybe Unreal4 is just so easy to use that the time spent doing it would be minimal, I don't know.

What if Shenmue 3 starts at Shenhua's House but Ryo has flashbacks from the past and those flashbacks are actually playable as QTE's?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3lnJsGTC_s
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Re: Kickstarter Update 59 (I Guess, Haven't got the email ye

Postby Switch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am

A very exciting update! It is so cool to see actual in-game footage in creation before our very eyes.

SheepheadCG wrote:Switch! We need you lol. Very interested to see what the post-it notes say on the bottom of his screen.

I hear your call!

Actually I've just written a quick blog post about the video, so I'll extract the relevant part.

• Note 1 is titled "MVN Development" with some notes underneath. One looks like it might say "fly". Aha! That makes sense. MVN Studio is the name of the software used to develop with Xsens, the 3D motion tracking technology being used in Shenmue III.
  • Note 2: looks like business contact details, having a phone number, the name of a shop, name of the contact and an email address.
  • Note 3: is a single word with the number 1 after it. Er... I hope it's not a password as that would be bad security practice! (I won't give it here just in case).

P.S. As you can see from my updated signature, I've just launched a blog where I'm planning to post my Shenmue translations / updates etc.

Here's the link to my full post with some observations about today's video. Enjoy!
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2016/0 ... tions.html

Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Puffin_Chronic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:32 am

Kiske wrote:
Puffin_Chronic wrote: Does it seem odd to anyone else that Yu decided to redo the whole forest walk to Shenhua's house? I'm all for doing it again, especially with the done up graphics, but it makes me feel like he knows an HD remake of 2 won't happen (or won't happen in time) so he wants everyone to experience that part of the story. Didn't he say before we would be starting at Shenhua's House at the beginning?

What if Shenmue 3 starts at Shenhua's House but Ryo has flashbacks from the past and those flashbacks are actually playable as QTE's?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3lnJsGTC_s

Forgot about him saying that. That makes more sense.
Puffin_Chronic

PSN: Puffin_Chronic
XBL: purpleINDICA420
Favorite title: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III