Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

Postby SMDzero » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:16 am

I'm confident that the SIII trailer will be mind-blowing.

On the other hand I can't help but wish we didn't even know about Shenmue 3 existing right now.

Can you imagine if the first time we learned Shenmue 3 was announced was when this trailer drops?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:27 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Peter wrote: It looked like Shenmue on the Dreamcast with better graphics. There's a sort of trailer spoiler I can't reveal whatsoever which is right at the start, and when you see that right from the beginning, you will completely understand what I mean.

I may have an idea what this might be.

I'll spoiler the speculation in case I'm right, but:

It's (part of) the opening cutscene of Shenmue in UE4.

I doubt it's that considering nothing will look impressive when this guy'sface is at the center of the screen. (They did say what they saw still had the old models)

I think it will be...

This scene in UE4
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:13 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
Peter wrote: It looked like Shenmue on the Dreamcast with better graphics. There's a sort of trailer spoiler I can't reveal whatsoever which is right at the start, and when you see that right from the beginning, you will completely understand what I mean.

I doubt it's that considering nothing will look impressive when this guy'sface is at the center of the screen. (They did say what they saw still had the old models)

I think it will be...

This scene in UE4

I think Peter responded "..." when asked if there were new models.... \:D/

I have absolutely faith that this trailer will be exceptional and finally bring Shemnue back. Not a beta screenshot... not a test scene.. but the REAL Shenmue 3.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:24 am

SMDzero wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

I think it will be...

This scene in UE4

I think Peter responded "..." when asked if there were new models.... \:D/

I have absolutely faith that this trailer will be exceptional and finally bring Shemnue back. Not a beta screenshot... not a test scene.. but the REAL Shenmue 3.

According to LanDC who was there, it was the old models

LanDC wrote: I think it's still the old model. They looked like the same old models in the footage we saw too. I should also note that Shenmue I and II characters were walking around in Choubu. Obviously placeholders, so the models just haven't been the priority yet. I'm assuming they wanted to flesh out the environments and work on gameplay mechanics first.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:51 am

I think we'll see new models in December. It's just speculation, but I'm guessing what Peter saw was probably running real time in the engine and not a final rendered movie file (at least, not one of the full teaser). That gives them plenty of time to complete the new models (I reckon they were probably in development at the time of the dinner but weren't in a presentable state), swap them out and render the teaser with them.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:17 am

Fuck, I don't know why I went to the page, but I closed it before I started opening the pictures.

I didn't think I could have that kind of discipline in me lol.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Himuro » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:56 am

We need to stop prodding Peter.

Peter. STAHP.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:11 am

They'd better show the latest version they have in trailer or the press will start again to criticize the game.

One of the things that most interest I have in is to see the new design of the characters. I look forward to see them! I know Suzuki is a perfectionist so he won't stop till he is satisfied with the models. He has waited for this moment since many years, he is eager to do it perfectly.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Jibby wrote: I think we'll see new models in December. It's just speculation, but I'm guessing what Peter saw was probably running real time in the engine and not a final rendered movie file (at least, not one of the full teaser). That gives them plenty of time to complete the new models (I reckon they were probably in development at the time of the dinner but weren't in a presentable state), swap them out and render the teaser with them.

I'm thinking something along the same lines, but y'know, with the benefits of another six months in development showing.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sappharad » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I think it will be...
This scene in UE4

I may be wrong on this, but I was under the impression that Yu Suzuki confirmed that the 3 screenshots we see of that area are actually of Miao Village which was cut from Disc 4 of Shenmue 2 and not of Bailu Village. Someone else had pointed out at one point that it's pretty obvious where the village was supposed to be. When you're leaving Languishan and suddenly the scenery is completely different when you hit Green Field instead of transitioning normally like every other loading area in the game, that was where they cut out Miao village and skipped over it.

While they may re-use the concept of practicing like that, I don't think we'll see areas like those screenshots and the reason they were released was because they were not Bailu village.

Does anyone else have sources to clarify this?
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Mild spoilers based on the opening hours game plan Yu revealed last year but:

There will be a 'moves initiation' event which could include some cut Miao Village content.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:51 am

Sappharad wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:I think it will be...
This scene in UE4

I may be wrong on this, but I was under the impression that Yu Suzuki confirmed that the 3 screenshots we see of that area are actually of Miao Village which was cut from Disc 4 of Shenmue 2 and not of Bailu Village. Someone else had pointed out at one point that it's pretty obvious where the village was supposed to be. When you're leaving Languishan and suddenly the scenery is completely different when you hit Green Field instead of transitioning normally like every other loading area in the game, that was where they cut out Miao village and skipped over it.

While they may re-use the concept of practicing like that, I don't think we'll see areas like those screenshots and the reason they were released was because they were not Bailu village.

Does anyone else have sources to clarify this?

One of the shenmue 3 members staff comment in one of those trailers they release speaking about their role in shenmue 3 that the part of miao village was cut, I can't remember who was...
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Previous

Return to Shenmue III