Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

Postby yuc02 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:45 pm

Great photos and update, I think it's important to show they are keeping to their pledges and giving attention to fans once in a while.

Btw I don't think there was a similar update for the Monaco dinner, probably because the conference content dominated that month. Amir has written a nice article about that though, which can be found here: https://medium.com/@MoosaviAmir/a-weeke ... .7p75qnz6y

yuc02 has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Spaghetti
yuc02
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: yuc2002
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby iyapol » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Worst. Update. Ever.

We've waited a whole month for a few holiday snaps.

C'mon guys.

iyapol has received a thanks from: Hanzumon
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:06 pm

To be honest I don't expect gameplay or screenshots every month.

It's nice for what it is, the faces leave me with a fuzzy feeling that the game is shaping up pretty damn well.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:23 pm

iyapol wrote: Worst. Update. Ever.

C'mon guys.

I can't tell if you're being for real or not, but if you're patient enough to wait a month for an update, why can't you be patient enough for a more expansive reveal of the game that might be happening at the end of the year?

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Telekill » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
iyapol wrote: Worst. Update. Ever.

C'mon guys.

I can't tell if you're being for real or not, but if you're patient enough to wait a month for an update, why can't you be patient enough for a more expansive reveal of the game that might be happening at the end of the year?

Better yet... if you're patient enough to wait 14 years for the announcement of the game, why can't you be patient enough for the release at the end of 2017 and hope everything story oriented isn't ruined by the time you get to play it? :-k
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Telekill wrote:Better yet... if you're patient enough to wait 14 years for the announcement of the game, why can't you be patient enough for the release at the end of 2017 and hope everything story oriented isn't ruined by the time you get to play it? :-k

That too, though I guess the patience of waiting for Shenmue III to be announced is different from the patience required knowing we can (in theory) get an update every month on production.

Still, a picture says a thousand words. The shots of the laptop are enough to show that something incredible was shown, plus all the others show that everybody had a great time!

It's even more exciting with the added context of what Peter and Adam have hinted at. Patience is going to pay off.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 pm

They haven't signed NDA's, right? If so, then Suzuki was probably okay with them sharing their impressions online? (Unless he stated otherwise, I dunno).
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: They haven't signed NDA's, right? If so, then Suzuki was probably okay with them sharing their impressions online? (Unless he stated otherwise, I dunno).

Peter might chime in if I'm repeating the arrangement wrong, but while there were no NDAs signed there is a burden of trust on the backers who went to keep quiet about what they saw for a little while longer.

There were a few answers in the PSX thread, but understandably he doesn't want to give much away. They are pretty enticing and encouraging though, especially around a.) how it looks visually, b.) that they may have seen Shenmue III being played live, and c.) that it doesn't look like a watered down version of the Shenmue experience at all, and could exceed the expectations of some fans.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:02 pm

I'd imagine it was an unspoken understanding that they wouldn't spill the beans. I mean if one of them had started reaching for their smartphone it might have occurred to him to say something, but if someone's paid ten thousand dollars to be there, he probably felt it safe enough to assume they'll respect that privilege and not give too much away during the limited time that it can remain exclusive to them (and their fellow diners, who may not appreciate that exclusivity being taken from them without their say-so).

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Spaghetti, VukBZ2005
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:06 pm

We've waited 15 years, the next two months is gonna fly by.

Amir has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Spaghetti
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote: They haven't signed NDA's, right? If so, then Suzuki was probably okay with them sharing their impressions online? (Unless he stated otherwise, I dunno).

Peter might chime in if I'm repeating the arrangement wrong, but while there were no NDAs signed there is a burden of trust on the backers who went to keep quiet about what they saw for a little while longer.

There were a few answers in the PSX thread, but understandably he doesn't want to give much away. They are pretty enticing and encouraging though, especially around a.) how it looks visually, b.) that they may have seen Shenmue III being played live, and c.) that it doesn't look like a watered down version of the Shenmue experience at all, and could exceed the expectations of some fans.

That sounds great indeed... However, did they say that Suzuki told them it's a secret, or that they can't talk about what they saw?

If not, maybe Suzuki showed them the stuff so they can share the hype with the Shenmue community, hence the lack of NDA.

Maybe Peter and the others could clarify.

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I'd imagine it was an unspoken understanding that they wouldn't spill the beans. I mean if one of them had started reaching for their smartphone it might have occurred to him to say something, but if someone's paid ten thousand dollars to be there, he probably felt it safe enough to assume they'll respect that privilege and not give too much away during the limited time that it can remain exclusive to them (and their fellow diners, who may not appreciate that exclusivity being taken from them without their say-so).

The footage was still seen only by them, so it's a great privilege over the people who weren't there.

I'm just desperate for Hype fuel :(
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:11 pm

I imagine we may hear a little more about the trip (even if not directly about the game) if Peter does a blog post; or whenever his interview in MegaVisions goes live.

Rikitatsu wrote:That sounds great indeed... However, did they say that Suzuki told them it's a secret, or that they can't talk about what they saw?

If not, maybe Suzuki showed them the stuff so they can share the hype with the Shenmue community, hence the lack of NDA.

Maybe Peter and the others could clarify.

I can't remember if Peter elaborated on that; but I'm sure he'll pop in to tell us at some point.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Please release direct feed footage of the Monaco demos!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Amir wrote: We've waited 15 years, the next two months is gonna fly by.

According Einstein, time is relative. :P
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Himuro wrote: Please release direct feed footage of the Monaco demos!

At this stage, there might not be much point if what may be coming in December is even more impressive.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III