Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

Postby alexironaek » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Amazing!!! I am so happy for everyone there! Peter's face is indeed priceless and it drives away any fears that i have for Shenmue 3 :D

alexironaek has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby iyapol » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:28 am

Spaghetti wrote:
iyapol wrote: Worst. Update. Ever.

We've waited a whole month for a few holiday snaps.

C'mon guys.

I can't tell if you're being for real or not, but if you're patient enough to wait a month for an update, why can't you be patient enough for a more expansive reveal of the game that might be happening at the end of the year?

No sarcasm from me.

I wanted a game development update.

Instead, I got a few holiday snaps.

Too much to ask for?
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:46 am

iyapol wrote:No sarcasm from me.

Too much to ask for?

I mean, yes. We know they play their cards very close to their chest on development updates, and have been pre-warned that nothing big is coming before December. I don't think this update is worth getting bent out of shape over.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:19 pm

iyapol wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
iyapol wrote: Worst. Update. Ever.

We've waited a whole month for a few holiday snaps.

C'mon guys.

I can't tell if you're being for real or not, but if you're patient enough to wait a month for an update, why can't you be patient enough for a more expansive reveal of the game that might be happening at the end of the year?

No sarcasm from me.

Too much to ask for?

You're actively waiting for these updates? Month after month? Get some fresh air maybe, might make this stuff more enjoyable for you..
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby iyapol » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:09 pm

No. I wouldn't say I'm actively waiting for the updates. I'm not entirely sure where I've implied that, either?

I look forward to the monthly updates and have - like others - been disappointed by this one.

No need to get all personal because I have a different opinion. Isn't that what a forum is for? For people to share their views on a common interest?
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:41 pm

iyapol wrote: No. I wouldn't say I'm actively waiting for the updates. I'm not entirely sure where I've implied that, either?

I look forward to the monthly updates and have - like others - been disappointed by this one.

No need to get all personal because I have a different opinion. Isn't that what a forum is for? For people to share their views on a common interest?

Relax. 2016 was always gonna be sucky update-wise.

Once we get to December then EVERY SINGLE MONTH we'll get a juicy update i'm sure.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Snakiest » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:48 pm

I am sort of disappointed too. This was a necessary update that, however, brings me no joy. I'd rather see whatever is on that pc screen. -)
Snakiest

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:50 pm

SMDzero wrote:
iyapol wrote: No. I wouldn't say I'm actively waiting for the updates. I'm not entirely sure where I've implied that, either?

Relax. 2016 was always gonna be sucky update-wise.

Once we get to December then EVERY SINGLE MONTH we'll get a juicy update i'm sure.

I wouldn't guarantee this. At some point you start spoiling the game.

But point is, iyapol- it's not worth getting disappointed over this update. We've been lucky to have the staff profile/dev room video updates over the last two months, and we all know there's only so much they're willing to show just yet. I know you're not into the "holiday snaps", but for the people who went, some of which are on this forum, it was a pretty momentous event. Let's just focus on that some Backers had the trip of a lifetime.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:31 am

I honestly dont expect anything from these updates. I dont even expect to get a monthly email about it. If i was them, id play the long game and hold my cards close to my chest. Im sure they're gonna reveal everything in good time to hopefully blow everyone away. I'll only be extremely frustrated if sony doesnt market the game heavily come e3 and after.

They did it with no mans sky, so i expect the same level of treatment to suzuki n co.

I still think they should show it off properly at e3 with an immediate announcement and release of shenmue hd. That would generate the most sales, just like the kickstarter back in 2015.

We have some exciting times ahead ppl. Cant wait.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Mr357
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:37 am

I think for commercial and marketing issues they can´t show us every month screens,trailers and so. They have to show things according to a schedule. It's all about playing cards really well in order to sell better the game and not to spoil us.

Maybe in december we'll have a teaser trailer or some screens but I think the big trailer will come in next E3 next year...

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Thief » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:53 am

This is my favorite update so far. There's something so heartwarming about seeing you all. I can't wait for Shenmue III. I can't believe it's been more than a year since the games announcement. What a strange world I'm living in.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Sonoshee
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:03 am

Love this update. Must have been a very happy day which will make an unforgettable memory for sure.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dbzruler88 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:50 am

To the people who are bitching about this update, think about it, there are members of OUR community who were eating dinner and discussing SHENMUE 3 with YU SUZUKI. It really is amazing. 10 years ago you would have killed for an update like this.

It's just amazing to see the campaign in action, and to know that it is because of how vocal WE were that this even happened. It truly made me happy to see them there with the legend.

dbzruler88 has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357, VukBZ2005
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Batosai » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:46 pm

I hope every update is like this to the release date, the less I know the more there will be to appreciate and be surprised about when I play the game. Very jealous of the photos looked like an amazing day :D .

Also community activity was the result of this game being possible so i don't see the issue of showing this as a Kickstarter update, I mean who made the rule it was for development info only?
Batosai
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Not to mention that the expressions on the backers' faces when viewing the laptop has generated more excitement amongst fans about what we haven't seen than anything we did see in the last update.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III