Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Postby Switch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:12 pm

I had planned to join for a bit at least, but the 5 am start time (JST) defeated me. I will take on the challenge again next week!

Switch has received 3 thanks from: DrakePain, James Brown, Jibby
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Jibby » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

Hey everyone, remember that Part 7 of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live tonight at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET) over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo.

We've got a lot in stock tonight from professional duck racing to Fangmei's birthday, so it's definitely not one to be missed!

If you need to catch up, you can find Part 6 and and all other parts on the Shenmue Dojo Youtube channel:
phpBB [video]

Hope to see everyone there :mrgreen:

Jibby has received a thanks from: DrakePain
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby DrakePain » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Yes!!! More duck racing =D>

DrakePain has received a thanks from: Jibby
DrakePain
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: SDG2013
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Jibby » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Stream going live in 30 mins!
http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: DrakePain, James Brown
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:45 am

Ok, first off, sorry for the blips over the past 2 weeks. I know they were supposed to be (arguably) the best episodes that we will have done so far, covering Fangmeis Birthday, and of course the duck racing. Unfortunately, my ISP here had other plans, and despite thinking i was on the best (and most expensive!) package, it turns out not necessarily so. I currently get 70mb download speeds, and 5mb upload speeds. Thats more than adequate for me, however the problem has arisen when we moved the start times, and 9pm is still within the "peak time" threshold. Its because of this, that the screen started juttering after the 1 hour mark, with OBS dropping frames like crazy, and the reason for this is because my ISP only allow up to a 2gig upload threshold per hour. They do have valid reasons for this, in particular to prevent P2P sharing and other illegal activity, but the issue is what about the rapidly rising amount of uploaders to the likes of Twitch and Youtube etc. who are doing perfectly legal activities.

So my ISP also have a 200 "gamer" package where they have promised me no traffic management restrictions or thresholds. Its a little bit more extra a month (of course it is) so ive went ahead and ordered it. The alternative was to move the times back to what they were which first of all, doesnt really suit myself with working a full time job, as well as the numbers and response to the new times have been very positive. Anyways, that hopefully will take care of any issues we have had, and the times will stay the same for this weeks stream and we will see how we get on.

Peter has received 7 thanks from: DrakePain, FlagshipFighter, James Brown, Jibby, Kiske, Mr357, Switch
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby James Brown » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Peter wrote: Ok, first off, sorry for the blips over the past 2 weeks. I know they were supposed to be (arguably) the best episodes that we will have done so far, covering Fangmeis Birthday, and of course the duck racing. Unfortunately, my ISP here had other plans, and despite thinking i was on the best (and most expensive!) package, it turns out not necessarily so. I currently get 70mb download speeds, and 5mb upload speeds. Thats more than adequate for me, however the problem has arisen when we moved the start times, and 9pm is still within the "peak time" threshold. Its because of this, that the screen started juttering after the 1 hour mark, with OBS dropping frames like crazy, and the reason for this is because my ISP only allow up to a 2gig upload threshold per hour. They do have valid reasons for this, in particular to prevent P2P sharing and other illegal activity, but the issue is what about the rapidly rising amount of uploaders to the likes of Twitch and Youtube etc. who are doing perfectly legal activities.

So my ISP also have a 200 "gamer" package where they have promised me no traffic management restrictions or thresholds. Its a little bit more extra a month (of course it is) so ive went ahead and ordered it. The alternative was to move the times back to what they were which first of all, doesnt really suit myself with working a full time job, as well as the numbers and response to the new times have been very positive. Anyways, that hopefully will take care of any issues we have had, and the times will stay the same for this weeks stream and we will see how we get on.

That's good news Peter mate! I'm on that Vivid Gamer package aswell and i've had no problems apart from the first day the installation guy was a bit of a div lol, left it not working, and I had no internet that whole night. New installation guy came the day after and replaced the new router, and it's been sick since! Hopefully you get it done right the first time! Should get a better upload speed from that aswell mate, it should be 20mb, just tested mine! So looking forward to thursday now :)

James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Alright. Hopefully this spells the end of the issues we have been having.

Peter has received a thanks from: James Brown
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby DrakePain » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 am

Nice!
DrakePain

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 am

Edit: All is well. Tonight's stream will go ahead as normal. Fingers crossed for a problem free show.

Peter has received a thanks from: DrakePain
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Jibby » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Ok, so tonight's stream will be going live at 9PM BST (1PM PT/3PM CT/4PM ET) over at http://www.twitch.tv/ShenmueDojo.

Thanks for bearing with us with the technical difficulties over the past few streams, this time things should go down without a hitch and we should be able to stick to the time listed above. I look forward to seeing everyone there tonight!

You can find the previous stream here should you need to catch up:
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Jibby on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: DrakePain, James Brown
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby DrakePain » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Tonight's stream will go down without a hitch. I can feel it!! \:D/
DrakePain

Postby Jibby » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 pm

DrakePain wrote: Tonight's stream will go down without a hitch. I can feel it!! \:D/

That's the plan! :mrgreen:
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jibby » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who tuned in to tonight's stream. It was so much fun. Really great to see so many new names in chat. The Shenmue community is definitely one of the greatest to be a part of.

Jibby has received a thanks from: DrakePain
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:08 am

Thank you Peter, thank you guys!

Great stream! :king:

Chat was... meh... at first.
...And I'm sorry about that! This must have been pretty disruptive for all of you. ](*,)

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Peter » Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 am

We are currently working hard on E3 plans for the channel. Since this will be our first year (and E3 is always a celebration of Shenmue) we want to make it as entertaining and packed full of content as we can.

But at the same time, we are open to suggestions! If anyone has any ideas for content, comments, or anything at all then let us know in here, or PM me if you like. 5 weeks to go, the countdown is on!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: DrakePain, Jibby
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III