Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

Postby Shenmue_Music » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:45 am

Spaghetti wrote: Seems the news is spreading to other sites. Face palming a little about them saying "but we've seen nothing since E3 2015" and "updates have been few and far between".

Good god.

Yeah the haters are absolutely ridiculous. I mean they're just hating on it over petty things. They'll choke on their words when it finally comes out and proves them all wrong! ;-)

Shenmue_Music has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:50 am

Hahaha.

Naw, I don't want them to choke. I want them to eat their words with a delicious side of crow.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Music
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:59 am

I think it wasn't a wise move telling people it's in the final stages of development whilst not showing any accompanying new media.

I'm also starting to doubt we're gonna get screenshots on the 15th... Famitsu comes out around the 15th, so if there was going to be new media, it would've been likely featured in Famitsu along with the PC pre-order news. But there's just an old Ryo render instead.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SledgeNE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 am

If this is true i will spend my christmas money to the PC-Version. Can't wait for it to see it on the Slacker Backer Campaign. 8)
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 am

Spaghetti wrote: Hahaha.

Naw, I don't want them to choke. I want them to eat their words with a delicious side of crow.

Sorry, reality check here. They might eat their words and the side of crow, but after finished they will go back to hate mode once again. It's Shenmue after all. What else is there in life other than keep hating on Shenmue? :D
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:14 am

Rikitatsu wrote: I think it wasn't a wise move telling people it's in the final stages of development whilst not showing any accompanying new media.

I'm also starting to doubt we're gonna get screenshots on the 15th... Famitsu comes out around the 15th, so if there was going to be new media, it would've been likely featured in Famitsu along with the PC pre-order news. But there's just an old Ryo render instead.

I hope I'm wrong though.

There are probably a few reasons why there aren't any new screens in Famitsu, but I think the main one is that it is a general feature on 2017 rather than Shenmue III itself. It wouldn't make sense to have new screens in what amounts to a half a page in a larger feature. It's just not really worth it when you've got that limited amount of page real estate. All they've managed to fit is a shrunk down version of the old Ryo render, and a little two-shot compilation of the E3 2015 reveal.

Shenmue III's update will inevitably be covered in one way or another in the Japanese games media anyway.

As for the 15th, it's 50/50 IMO. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled, but it could easily go live the following week too.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:19 am

sand4fish wrote:Sorry, reality check here. They might eat their words and the side of crow, but after finished they will go back to hate mode once again. It's Shenmue after all. What else is there in life other than keep hating on Shenmue? :D

They can hate all they like. Shenmue III has already been proving people wrong by getting made in the first place, let alone breaking double Guinness World Records for crowdfunding.

It's by the fans, for the fans. We're the only people Yu has to please. Admittedly, we can be a tough audience judging by some of the posts I've seen in my year+ on the Dojo, but I think we will be surprised when we finally get a good look at the game, let alone try it for ourselves.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:56 am

If Suzuki wants to show material of the game to the backers first, it doesn't make sense that he reveal it first to famitsu. So next month famitsu will feature the content showed on the update.

About adding pc version, they have to announce it in some way so it makes sense they update the kickstarter page to publicite it.

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:30 pm

Seems some bad media headlines have been taken the wrong way by some gamers, thinking NOTHING has been done on Shenmue III for the last year and a half.

If you see this, correct people as politely as possible and point them towards the December 2015 update on the Kickstarter with the Chuapp X slide with their production workflow so they know "full production" is the last step before debug.

And also, if possible, mention Yu Suzuki's full quote from the Famitsu interview stated:

Development is entering the final stage headed towards full-scale production.

Parts of the media, predictably, are only using the later half of that quote in their headlines.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Monkei
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Y'know, I'm no supporter of his, but damn--

Seems like we Shenmue fans end up fighting media bias as much as Trump did/does. It's bananas.

Should we resurrect the Tweetathon, etc. to capitalize on the PC version and possible update? $6.7 million could come quick if we do.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 pm

At this pace they will have the game finished by the date Suzuki said, they are a drem team!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby delvec19 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Don't normally like to compare Shenmue to AAA games but I recall FFXV declaring they were in final development phase and it came out a year later.
delvec19

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Valascaziel wrote:Should we resurrect the Tweetathon, etc. to capitalize on the PC version and possible update? $6.7 million could come quick if we do.

Yes, let's "resurrect" the Tweetathon. :-" ;-)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Hah. I do agree with the sentiment. Special Slacker Backer awareness drive for the 15th might be a good idea...
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenmue_Music » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:10 pm

With PC backers, we could reach above and beyond $10 million. There are probably a lot of PC gamers that haven't pledged, so with the PC Slacker Backer, I think it will be very possible.
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III