Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Valascaziel wrote: Okay, I'm nervous now. Are we headed for a Mighty disaster?

Yokosuka is overreacting towards a partly photoshopped image because Ryo's character model isn't done, and possibly neither is the location they're showing, so understandably it looks a little weird.

One screen in particular, I think, looks really cool.

Rikitatsu wrote: Oh shi-
Ryo looks like his passport self...Not too happy about that, but it's better than what we had.

Nice graphics though, doesn't particularly scream Shenmue to me, but it looks good.

It's a photoshop of an old render. I wouldn't take that screen too seriously.

Are you sure it's a photoshop?
Because if so, that's pure BS... They can't keep photoshoping their models 1.5 years in development.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Are you sure it's a photoshop?
Because if so, that's pure BS... They can't keep photoshoping their models 1.5 years in development.

Yes, 100% sure it's photoshopped. I can find you the render they used for the face:

It's likely done because the face isn't finished. Though I have noticed it does appear to possibly be a new body model. Ryo's limbs are less gangly.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Nope, I don't care of the Ryo's face, it's cleary a Shenmue Passeport pict roughly paste on the jpeg.

The problem is everything else. It's look like an (average) student project with no personality.

I hope they will emphasis the word "WIP" because they is really no need to show these screens. The marketing around this game is a real mystery.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Are you sure it's a photoshop?

Yes, 100% sure it's photoshopped. I can find you the render they used for the face:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/sca ... hazuki.jpg

It's likely done because the face isn't finished. Though I have noticed it does appear to possibly be a new body model. Ryo's limbs are less gangly.

Upon zooming in, I can't see the similarity between the render you posted and the new screenshot. The one in the screenshot looks like passport Ryo, for starters.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Nope, I don't care of the Ryo's face, it's cleary a Shenmue Passeport pict roughly paste on the jpeg.

The problem is everything else. It's look like an (average) student project with no personality.

I hope they will emphasis the word "WIP" because they is really no need to show these screens. The marketing around this game is a real mystery.

I can't believe you can look at the temple gate picture and say "that isn't Shenmue".

Rikitatsu wrote:Upon zooming in, I can't see the similarity between the render you posted and the new screenshot. The one in the screenshot looks like passport Ryo, for starters.

It is literally that render. You can even tell they've Photoshopped it on because Ryo's face is at the wrong axis to his head.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm

If the temple picture has a Shenmue feel, so every UE4 games with Chinese architecture and night lightning has the Shenmue feel.

I expect better than screenshots taken out from Shaolin vs Wutang.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 pm

Don't be ridiculous.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: Nope, I don't care of the Ryo's face, it's cleary a Shenmue Passeport pict roughly paste on the jpeg.

I can't believe you can look at the temple gate picture and say "that isn't Shenmue".

Rikitatsu wrote:Upon zooming in, I can't see the similarity between the render you posted and the new screenshot. The one in the screenshot looks like passport Ryo, for starters.

It is literally that render. You can even tell they've Photoshopped it on because Ryo's face is at the wrong axis to his head.

I dunno man, maybe. His eyes are looking in a different direction, that's for sure.
Regardless, I'm sick of these patchwork updates, I can't believe the character modelers spent 1.5 years working and still didn't get the main character's face done.

The Temple screenshot looks nice... The rest is weird to say the least
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:44 pm

I'll wait to see them myself to pass judgement, but I bet the press will pick up quick as Negative Nancy they've been about the PC backer update.

Here comes the questioning by the media on whether Shenmue III is all false promises. Watch..
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I dunno man, maybe. His eyes are looking in a different direction, that's for sure.
Regardless, I'm sick of these patchwork updates, I can't believe the character modelers spent 1.5 years working and still didn't get the main character's face done.

Seriously, when the update goes live I'll post a side by side comparison I knocked up. It's the same image but flipped.

It's not that they haven't gotten something done, but if it didn't meet standards for display, then we're not going to see it. I'd prefer they just not actually show that market screen if that was the case, but whatever.

The temple gate screen is nice, and honestly really does scream "Shenmue".
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Don't be ridiculous.

Shenmue III will be tomorrow in front of the world for sure.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

I dunno man, maybe. His eyes are looking in a different direction, that's for sure.

The Temple screenshot looks nice... The rest is weird to say the least

It's photoshoped. 200% sure.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:05 pm

Yokosuka wrote:Shenmue III will be tomorrow in front of the world for sure.

If the world can't see past a clearly photoshopped image to see an inspiring one like the temple gate, then that's their problem.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ChiefNeo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:07 pm

Sooooo...it still looks like an unreal engine game? Shame...the backer dinner made me think they had nailed the pallette and "color texture"
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:13 pm

ChiefNeo wrote: Sooooo...it still looks like an unreal engine game? Shame...the backer dinner made me think they had nailed the pallette and "color texture"

There are like two screenshots... One is full of blur, the other is of a temple gate, which looks like something you'd see in Shenmue, but not particularly.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III