why does shenmue atract crazies?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

why does shenmue atract crazies?

Postby Karimov » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Like me.

But most shenmue fans are 30plus and are originally just sega fans. Waaaaaah hit it. Play your games in the 21st century and leave whole woyld beehind.

Back in the days no internet and we would play sega and fight outside and have a live trolling. It was common to have a laugh. Nowadays you arent allowed to say a lot of stuff. You have to be like they say hyveminded. Sonic fans are crazy of the old days. You could just say that we the ol skool sega fans are the coolest and follow the bloodline of bugs bunny trolling since 1938.

As a sega fan u needed a showcase. And shenmue was our pride. Hopefully the winedrinking is over and we get shenmue 3 in the best condition

It is still my huge pipedream. I hope for a dash that all sega games go succesfull. And then yes the greatest wish. A new proper succes full sega console. I mean nintendo switch apparantly has a slightly better chip then ouya. Why cant sega make a console like switch minus the shitty gimmiclks?
Karimov
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Elders scroll online

Re: why does shenmue atract crazies?

Postby Himuro » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:05 pm

I was going to say,"like you?" and you beat me to it.

At least you admit your downfalls. It's the first step to recovery!
Last edited by Himuro on Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Naw this chap needs professional help. He's going for 2 locked topics in the 1 night. That hasn't happened since 2011.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Himuro
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Anyways, most old video game players are weird in some way. Nintendo and Sony fans are no different. Back in the day games were more insular. People were picked on for it so you had to wear your pride on your sleeve. It wasn't widely accepted so you have what we have now. We're old and set in our ways.

Because it was more niche than it is now you had more weirdness. Watch Giant Bomb's demo derby. One episode has Somy fans try to go to E3. One guy painted himself with the Sony logo and it's batshit insanity. That type of shit would be impossible to do today. Games are more mainstream than ever and in some ways games are actuall my considered cool now. But you'll find that old school game weirdness and spirit in dedicated boards like this across the Internet. The weirdness knows no company allegiance. It's the fact we're gamers that does it and gamers are passionate because at one point in time, we kind of had to be in order to keep up with the hobby.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:20 pm

F**k. This shit might be contagious. I'm outta here.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Alright.

Shenmue fans are relatively normal. Least what I've seen over 15 years. So, OP, enough of this persona you have going on. Any more of this rubbish and you will be warned.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Return to Shenmue III