Anyone else want a delay?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ChiefNeo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:19 am

No, of course you don't. Why would you want to wait longer? My question is more along the lines of...do you want Yu and his team to have all the time they need to make exactly what they want to make?

At this point, given what they have said, etc, it seems like they have all the tools ready and are just now starting to put it all together. One year does not sound like enough time to me.

I'm sure Yu will delay the game if he feels like he has to...and I'm 100% ok with that. I just hope that people are as well and we don't have a mass of disappointed fans screaming and yelling.
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Anyone else want a delay?

Postby khmlight3 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:24 am

I don't want the game to get delayed but if it needs to then delay it I'm sure the game will make its December 2017 release date we still have 11 months!
khmlight3

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby mrandyk » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:27 am

Depends on what their budget looks like. If they have budgeted to have their staff on payroll through 2017 then there may not be funds available to delay the game.

I'll take a rushed game rather than no game at all, but have no problem waiting 6-12 additional months for the proper experience if the resources exist.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:59 am

I don't feel like them having "all the time they need to make exactly what they want to make" contradicts a December 2017 release. For the moment, at least.

YSnet probably feels the same given they haven't announced a delay so far. It could be a more achievable goal than we think.

But obviously, if something needs more time of course I'd like them to take it.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:41 am

I want Suzuki San to take as much time as needed to deliver the game he wants, granted he has enough budget for that.

This may be a classic, but I think it's true:

As for no delay announced yet, I don't know... my feeling is that it would be feeding material for the usual clickbait sites to announce it before showing to the public something "substancial", like a gameplay trailer.
Even if they already have in mind a possible delay.

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, fittersau
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:37 am

I don't expect one, at least the optimist in me doesn't.

If we don't see any trailer or really strong screens by April or May, I'll start to expect a delay a good bit
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Esppiral » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:38 am

I expect the game to be delayed.
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby hxcx af fan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Two things

1. If they need extra time to make the game better, im 100% cool with that. Wouldn't bother me at all.

2. I kind of want the game to be delayed anyway. I have a weird anxiety about it. It's like the quicker we get it, the quicker it's over. I think it's because of how long we've waited already. But if it does come out on schedule I'll still be ok lol, and will be there to get it no matter what.
hxcx af fan

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:10 am

I'm expecting a delay and i want it.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:40 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:I'm expecting a delay and i want it.

Same.
Especially I hate the trend with developers these days to try and hit a date set in stone by themselves or publishers, only to then ship a broken/incomplete game and frantically work to continue patching it for months after.
I really want the game to be in its final version too. So reviews don't rip it apart more than they probably already will. Giving the reviewers the best experience possible will mean alot for the continuation of the franchise.
Last edited by Axm on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Amir » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:45 am

Axm wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote:I'm expecting a delay and i want it.

I don't want a rushed bugged release which'd spawn a thousand shitty videos from shitty YouTubers going "LOL EPIC FAIL!!!111! SHENPOO!!!!111!"
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Verderame » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:14 am

Don't worry, you'll have it. :mrgreen:
Verderame

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Outrun

Postby Testament » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:46 pm

I personally would love a delay, and I also expect it. This game really has a lot going against it (outside of our community of course) and I want it to be as perfect as it can be. Of course, Suzuki would never ship the game incomplete or in a state of poor quality, so I'm not super worried. I've waited this long, and simply knowing concrete that it's in the works and we'll have it someday is good enough--hell, release it in 2020 for all I care. At least we know it's coming and the decade or so of being in the dark is behind us.

Those who aren't expecting a delay are being far too optimistic, I think. We're less than a year away from the (placeholder) delivery date and there's so little information on the actual game. A game releasing within a year would at least have a complete trailer or some more info -- anything otherwise would be a business and marketing disaster in the making. I'd say we're not even a year from release until Famitsu does an exclusive spread on the game.
Testament

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:54 pm

I feel a delay is inevitable.

I've been speaking to Greg Johnson (who's making his new Toe Jam & Earl game) over the past year; and also somebody who works for Team17. From what I gather, even a smaller indie game takes more than a year to make after entering full production. I don't see Shenmue 3 hitting its Dec release zone.

On the flip side, there's also matter of budget. Does YSNet have the funds to take them beyond 2017, or will they have to settle? It's a scary prospect.

Anyway, I am happy waiting until Yu feels the game is ready. We've waited this long, whats another year?
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Sonoshee wrote:There's also matter of budget. Does YSNet have the funds to take them beyond 2017, or will they have to settle? It's a scary prospect.

I would have to imagine this was accounted for in the budget to some degree, or there's a funding source waiting in the wings to fund a 6-12 month delay if needed.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III