Anyone else want a delay?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Anyone else want a delay?

Postby Toua77 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Sure. What's another year when you've been waiting forever. As long as the funds are good go for it. But you just know how people are when it comes to delays especially after Mighty No. 9 so I would hate for some bad publicity to come in.

If it's a great game paraphrasing what Miyamoto said when it comes to delays "A bad game is bad forever, but a good delayed game is great forever".

Just don't want the casual crowd (For lack of a better term) that want to play the game, but don't share as deep of a connection to the series as us giving it bad publicity if a delay did happen. Yu, Cedric, and everybody that's been supporting the game since before it was a reality don't deserve that.
Toua77
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Himuro » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Toua77 wrote: Sure. What's another year when you've been waiting forever. As long as the funds are good go for it. But you just know how people are when it comes to delays especially after Mighty No. 9 so I would hate for some bad publicity to come in.

If it's a great game paraphrasing what Miyamoto said when it comes to delays "A bad game is bad forever, but a good delayed game is great forever".

Just don't want the casual crowd (For lack of a better term) that want to play the game, but don't share as deep of a connection to the series as us giving it bad publicity if a delay did happen. Yu, Cedric, and everybody that's been supporting the game since before it was a reality don't deserve that.

MN9 had problems because it was not only delayed at least 5 times (?) but also because the actual game didn't look very good.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Verderame » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Also, MN9 was in development for all kind of game device in existence, from 3ds to Ps4, and also every single old-gen console.
That was simply crazy. Shenmue 3 instead is a Ps4/Pc exclusive, it doesn't have to run even on the lowest common denominator hardware on the market.

Verderame has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Verderame
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Outrun

Postby Toua77 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:16 pm

There was also the nepotism crap, them shutting down constructive criticism of the game, and IIRC they also asked for more money. Just saying most people are too simple to connect the dots. Any stray from the original plan is gonna be thrown in a box with other stuff that failed by people trying to get clicks or people that are just simply stupid.

Heck people were annoyed by something so silly as Yu not being able to give a concrete number of his budget and who his "angel investors" are even though development was still going on without a hitch.
Toua77

Postby marcrollins89 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:16 am

Suzuki-san is a respectable man. He always does his absolute best with every project he has ever worked on, and I think we all know Shenmue has a deep place in his heart.

I have complete faith in him, and his dev team. If a delay is needed, then I am happy about it. It shows that they want to take extra time to make sure it is exactly as Suzuki-san wants it to be. I honestly expect a delay, not because of bad planning or anything, but just because sometimes with game development certain unforeseen circumstances arise.

Either way, if there is a delay I am expecting it, and if there is no delay then it will be a nice treat. I am willing to wait a few extra weeks to avoid PSN or Steam updates and patches to fix fucked up mechanics.
marcrollins89
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: marcmonkey89
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 2(xbox)

Previous

Return to Shenmue III