Anyone else want a delay?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Anyone else want a delay?

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Sonoshee wrote: Anyway, I am happy waiting until Yu feels the game is ready. We've waited this long, whats another year?

This

hxcx af fan has received 3 thanks from: Sonoshee, TheThirdComing, VukBZ2005
hxcx af fan
Master of the Three Blades

Postby south carmain » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:59 am

if they still have the resources to make the game better then sure waiting longer isn't an issue for me.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Lawtowler » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:25 am

I've made my peace with the fact that the game has to be delayed. It would have to be extremely rushed and after waiting for 15 years for Shenmue III I would be devastated to play a game that feels rushed in any way.

I'm absolutely fine with it. I want it to be right, it doesn't feel realistic for them to finish a game in 11 months that is only now entering full development.

Lawtowler has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Lawtowler
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: lawtowler
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skies of Arcadia

Postby Centrale » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:00 pm

I'll understand if it has to be delayed. I'm also open to being pleasantly surprised if they manage to fully realize the game within the current time frame. In other words, if they release on their current target, I won't automatically assume that it has been rushed or compromised in some damaging way.

Assuming it is delayed, what do you think would be the best way to break the news of the delay? A fine E3 trailer/gameplay presentation that concludes with a message like "Summer 2018" so that all the world learns of the delay at once? A message to KS backers first (which will instantly be picked up by the press anyway)?

And that also brings up the question, if you think it will be delayed, when do you predict the new target date will be?
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 pm

The best time to sell games is on Christmas so If they can launch the game on time they assure some good sales. Apart from that date, I think spring or begin of the summer is a good choice.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby TheThirdComing » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 am

After being crushed by the production disaster of Final Fantasy XV I'm really hoping they're not pressured into the deadline. I could easily wAit till the end of 2018 as long as they feel content in the experience and it is ready.
TheThirdComing

Postby fittersau » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 am

I would rather Shenmue 3 be released in early 2018 away from the busy annual franchises so it can get some proper exposure and people can recover from the Xmas spending sprees.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:28 am

Of course we all want Shenmue 3 to be the game we have been waiting 15 years for. Giving Yu and his team the time they need to make the game necessary to meet everyone's expectations isn't a matter of time limitation but is a matter of financial limitation. Shenmue 3's crowdfunding was a massive success getting them more than 3x what Yu stated they needed to make it and that means that we are getting 3x the game beyond bare minimum. I feel we'll get Shenmue 3 when the funds meet the time frame they've allotted for and are exhausted. I also feel that Shenmue 3 will probably be delayed into early or mid 2018.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Xandui » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Depending on the size of the team and the amount of funding from non-kickstarter sources, I do wonder how much runway they have financially beyond the originally planned 2.5 years from the kickstarter announcement. Even assuming 40 employees at 80k USD a year adds up really quickly, not to mention office expenses, mocap, voice acting, music, etc etc.
Xandui
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Verderame » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 pm

I was thinking about making this exact same thread.

Honestly it's really concerning to think that this game is going to come out this December already, when we have never ever seen any actual gameplay footage yet. Or even only some decent 3d character model. I want to be positive, but it doesn't seem so far fetched to speculate about the YsNet team being maybe a bit inexperienced with UE4 and modern, high-end technology in general.

So yes, not only i fully expect this game to be delayed for at least one year, but i'm kinda WANTING it to be.
Because 2/2,5 development years seems way too few for a game of this kind, and yet we've still only seen a bunch of amateurish tech demo of it.

I would be REALLY happy to be proven wrong. Maybe in the next few months we'll see some marvelous, jawbreaking, fully working demo/prototype, and then the current release date will look totally realistic.

I just don't want Shenmue 3 to be rushed. I can wait more, please, just take all the time you need.
Verderame

Currently playing: Outrun

Postby punkmanced » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:12 am

Delay the game.
I didn't wait 15+ years for a botched experience.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm

punkmanced wrote: Delay the game.
I didn't wait 15+ years for a botched experience.

People need to keep in mind that delaying the game means extra $ is required to pay salaries.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby punkmanced » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:56 pm

True, but they could just spruce up the Paypal page/ keep it open indefinitely.
Certainly wouldn’t hurt.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jesse » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:24 am

I 100% expect a delay and fully welcome it. Yu can take as many months or years as he needs the hard part of waiting is over.
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 am

punkmanced wrote: True, but they could just spruce up the Paypal page/ keep it open indefinitely.
Certainly wouldn’t hurt.

YS should focus on making the most personnel demanding (textures, AI, scenarios, etc.) work until December and then delay the game if necessary for polishing. That can be done with a smaller team.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III