Are you still hyped?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Are you still hyped?

Postby SMDzero » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:52 pm

redline wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
that's not a good example. nobody hates the first 3 episodes of star wars because of it's new cgi or anything. no everyone hates the first 3 episodes mainly because of hayden christensen. the biggest pussy to have ever been in a movie. a whining little bitch who we had to believe was the young vader. lucas managed to destroy the whole legacy of darth vader with those movies.

were have to agree to disagree

The prequels were awesome! I think we should start a kick-starter to buy back the rights from Disney so that Lucas can make more Star Wars films!

I also think that Yu Suzuki should make a trilogy of Shenmue prequels as well.

The Shenmue prequels can be about a young Iwao and Sunming Zhao and detail how Zhao was seduced by the dark side and turned evil.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ys » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:30 pm

drunkensailor wrote:of those 70k likely everyone has played shenmue. why else would they support this

I've seen several people on NeoGAF who donated money but had never played the series. Some did it because they believed the opinion of other members, others due to hype. And some even donated because they wanted to support a pioneering series and help out enthusiastic fans. Also hoping that the game turns out good of course.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 pm

ys wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:of those 70k likely everyone has played shenmue. why else would they support this

I've seen several people on NeoGAF who donated money but had never played the series. Some did it because they believed the opinion of other members, others due to hype. And some even donated because they wanted to support a pioneering series and help out enthusiastic fans. Also hoping that the game turns out good of course.

Agree.

Meantime, a lot of Shenmue fans have not backed the project because they didn't appreciate the kickstarter thing or they still know nothing about the announcement.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby drunkensailor » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:05 pm

ys wrote:

some people on neogaf might have claimed that. I'm sure at least 99% played it keep in mind 70.000 is a small number compared to the near 1.5 million that shenmue 1 sold
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby SMDzero » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:07 pm

drunkensailor wrote:
ys wrote:

some people on neogaf might have claimed that. I'm sure at least 99% played it keep in mind 70.000 is a small number compared to the near 1.5 million that shenmue 1 sold

70K is better than 5k.

I remember when evil Peter Moore said there was only 5,000 Shenmue fans.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby murdiaries » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:31 pm

I still can't believe Shenmue 3 is really happening. Feeling "only" hyped would be an understatement in my case.
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby drunkensailor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:04 pm

SMDzero wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
ys wrote:

70K is better than 5k.

I think we can all agree peter moore is a total fucking idiot
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:58 pm

drunkensailor wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
ys wrote:

70K is better than 5k.

Hence why I said EVIL Peter Moore.

There should have been a stretch goal to put Peter Moore into the game as a weak street fighter that you can constantly beat up!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:36 pm

SMDzero wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
ys wrote:

70K is better than 5k.

There should have been a stretch goal to put Peter Moore into the game as a weak street fighter that you can constantly beat up!

Someone should mod shenmue 1 and replace fuku-sans face texture by peter moore.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:02 pm

I've always been in two minds over Peter Moore.

Yes, he basically sacrificed Shenmue II (and unknowingly the future of the series at that point) to get a job at Microsoft, but he's always been a champion of the series as important, unique, and revolutionary.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:42 am

He donated to the Kickstarter, at least.

Which, as we all know here, makes him an executive co-producer and investor-in-chief.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby SMDzero » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:02 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: He donated to the Kickstarter, at least.

Which, as we all know here, makes him an executive co-producer and investor-in-chief.

You actually believe that Peter Moore donated to Shenmue 3?

I'm guessing he was a "free rider" and didn't donate a cent to the KS.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:21 am

I don't hate Peter Moore. The business reasons were there. There will be more about that in the future.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:23 am

SMDzero wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
ys wrote:

70K is better than 5k.

best shenmue idea so far
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:24 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: He donated to the Kickstarter, at least.

how do you know?
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III