What do you think we will see in this month's update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:38 am

Spaghetti wrote: All we need to do here is keep our heads, and prevent ourselves from going down the rabbit hole of madness like the KS comments.

The Shenmue III KS comments are a dark, twisted and truly disgusting place. Don't ever go there alone, you might lose your mind, or worse.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:58 am

I hear if you kill Karim, you become him.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:38 am

Spaghetti wrote: I hear if you kill Karim, you become him.

Who told you that? Dr Seuss?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kiske » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:28 am

I'll be worried (for a December release date) if we don't get any substantial update by the end of June 2017.

As for the actual situation, just read (maybe several times) what Suzuki San said in the last "progress update":

“I have been absorbed in developing the game and I stay in the studio all night time to time. My life is all about Shenmue day and night.”-Yu Suzuki

They are hard at work right now. This is the only reason we don't get updates. That also means that they are doing everything that is humanly possible to create the best Shenmue 3 they can.

We have waited for over a decade to get Shenmue 3. Yu Suzuki waited for over a decade to get the opportunity to make Shenmue 3. I have faith. He won't disappoint us, even if we have to wait a little longer to get out of this cave.

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Centrale » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:33 pm

I guess I'm of two minds about the whole situation. On the one hand, I feel perfectly confident that the lack of updates simply reflects the intense, focused work of the development team - and I suspect that some of the more outrageous KS commenters might be people who knew little or nothing about Shenmue but for whatever reason wanted to join in on a historically successful KS.

On the other hand, a monthly update might simply be a text message of a couple/few paragraphs that one person could take 15 minutes to quickly type up ("this month we're testing a couple of minigames in one location, and we worked on a QTE in another location"... plus just some description of the atmosphere of the offices, or the season in Japan) and thereby prevent the worst of the hysteria from happening. Honestly it could be the work of an intern, with only a few minutes taken for a senior staffer to approve the content before posting it.

I've seen it happen time and again with game developers large and small... they tend not to be the types of personalities that enjoy speaking publicly, much preferring to just keep a low profile and work hard. It causes some problems but that's the way it is.

Centrale has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:08 pm

It's a rare and special person who can handle being both prolifically creative, and an expert PR master and salesperson.

Of course I'd love updates, but I also understand why there aren't any... and it's really out of AJ's hands imo.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby khmlight3 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:47 am

I think it's time to delete this topic since no update came out!
khmlight3
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby SledgeNE » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:31 am

I'm very happy with this situation. Sure, we all want to know what is going on, but it is wrong to pressure the developer. Yu and his Team should have the time to make it better how they can. I looking forward to E3 2017. Could the 2nd best after 2015. 8)
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Honestly I'm good with that. I don't need to get monthly updates, what I want is the Shenmue III that keeps up with the outstanding quality of the last two. A game that we'll keep on playing for years to come.
Doom_Infinite

Postby SMDzero » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:20 pm

It's funny.. back in June of 2015 I would never have guessed that by March of 20 freaking 17 we'd still have Jack-$hit info on Shenmue 3.

I would have thought that by now we'd have previews, trailers, demos, HD remakes of 1 and 2, etc.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby delvec19 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:00 pm

SMDzero wrote: It's funny.. back in June of 2015 I would never have guessed that by March of 20 freaking 17 we'd still have Jack-$hit info on Shenmue 3.

I would have thought that by now we'd have previews, trailers, demos, HD remakes of 1 and 2, etc.

Hopefully June of 20 freaking 17 can change your view on everything.
delvec19

Postby SMDzero » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Ah that's 13 WEEKS from now!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:40 am

SMDzero wrote:I would have thought that by now we'd have previews, trailers, demos, HD remakes of 1 and 2, etc.

Which, to be honest, was foolish in hindsight. I'm sure we're all kinda guilty of that one, though.

I still maintain that if Shenmue III was being fully funded by a publisher, it wouldn't have even been announced yet.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:31 am

I wouldn't be surprised if there's radio silence until E3, which isn't anything to panic about, either.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby SMDzero » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:34 am

Spaghetti wrote:
SMDzero wrote:I would have thought that by now we'd have previews, trailers, demos, HD remakes of 1 and 2, etc.

Which, to be honest, was foolish in hindsight. I'm sure we're all kinda guilty of that one, though.

I still maintain that if Shenmue III was being fully funded by a publisher, it wouldn't have even been announced yet.

Oh yeah.. it's absolutely hilarious to go back in these threads and see all the "predictions"

Character reveals in mid 2016!! LOL :roll:
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III