we need a real update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

we need a real update

Postby fireredpoop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:09 pm

who's with me? we need something to chew on the coming year.
fireredpoop
Banned
Banned

Re: we need a real update

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:17 pm

What even is a "real" update, in your opinion?

Because I don't think we'll all agree on a definition.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fireredpoop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:35 pm

i think if we get some gameplay video. or a micro demo where your allowed to roam in a room. or a definitive face of ryo hazuki. but it has to be real material. the updates we got so far. imo were not even updates. it was more like hey whatsup were doing this and this and thank you 1000 times for your support. where are the updates like igarashi and inafune and systemshock 1 remake? surely mighty 09 went mad. but bloodstained and system shock are going really well. why are the so called updates so flinterthin? it reeks of a big delay
fireredpoop
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Is that you, Karim?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fireredpoop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Is that you, Karim?

who's karim. you mean waves aka semmie? his real name is karimov. i have him on steam. a really cool dude. makes jokes most of the time. but when he is serious it is for real. you can find him in the surfing waves website and the kickstarter. his greatest passion is skateboarding tho. one of my first steam friends. anyways if thats the one you mean.

ontopic the updates just are not what they should be really. yu suzuki has a promise to make when i look at all of this. maybe he should have made the game right away. i have the impression that they are still testing the engine. also the unreal engine has been updated recently. and it is a huge update.

oh you can ad me and waves. my steam name is
CortanaBL or Daedalus . you will recognize me with the daedalus avatar
fireredpoop
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Patience will yield great rewards.

We learned in December they've finally left prototyping, which is a very big deal. It's the first major step to getting a final product. It is the point where ideas, concepts, and mechanics start looking like a tangible video game.

But prototyping in games is a very experimental stage where the game often doesn't look its best, because it's really just a rough playground for testing and implementation while trying to string the planned content from end to end.

Even if you're frustrated about not seeing more already, don't you agree it's in the game's favour to put a best foot forward with the world at large whenever possible?

To their credit, they have managed for over a year and a half to provide regular updates at a period of development when they can't really show a whole lot off openly without inviting massive scrutiny over unfinished stuff. The updates paint a more detailed wider picture than they do individually.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fireredpoop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:05 pm

ofcourse. i want the game to be like shenmue 2 if not better. but the absence of updates is a big problem. do you acknowledge that?
fireredpoop
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

fireredpoop wrote: ofcourse. i want the game to be like shenmue 2 if not better. but the absence of updates is a big problem. do you acknowledge that?

If you want the game to be the best it can be, surely you can recognise that it's better to allow the development team to keep their heads down working rather than prepping large updates on unfinished materials that will get trashed anyway because of being unfinished?

The Kickstarter updates should not be an attempt to play to a hungry audience. That is what the game is for. When the time is ready to pull back the curtain, they will do so.

They already keep a better update record than many other crowdfunding projects who have had no set update pattern and will go silent at a moment's notice.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: delvec19, Kiske
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue III