Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Postby iyapol » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 am

Really thought we'd get something for April after the 'sorry we've been so shit at keeping you up to date' update in March. Oh well.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 am

Sappharad wrote:
Peter wrote:it's just building up the emotion to explode if anything gets revealed at E3.

Based on Corsi's comments when I talked to him at PSX in December, I'm not expecting anything at E3 unless they announce in advance. He made it clear that as a backer funded project, he felt that the backers should be hearing news directly from the dev team and not from Sony. (The way it happened though, my interpretation was that was just his opinion of how they should handle it.)

I would take what he has said mostly at face value since he is on record as saying, "...our partner alliance team will help with marketing and PR, getting the demo out and getting the trailers out, when the time comes, having some time to show off the game at some of the events..."

We are getting close to crunch time in terms of the world's biggest gaming event, and if we move all rumors and opinions aside, the game is currently scheduled for release in December. That leaves E3, TGS and PSX as potential events to show off and promote the game. This game needs to sell, not just appeal to its backers so it's going to need promoted like any other game. They have completed all of their testing now and are building the game.

I've said it over and over again... YSNET have been very clever in what they have shown in updates from a game footage standpoint. What we were shown 7 months ago would blow Shenmue fans sideways. I just hope they reveal that at E3. Just a small trailer on Sony's stage would be so easy to do, and provide so much exposure. They know that and it will be interesting to see what, if anything, will be shown.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:48 am

Peter wrote:
What we were shown 7 months ago would blow Shenmue fans sideways. I just hope they reveal that at E3.

Knowing that the material you saw in backer's dinner was outdated, showing that at the E3, instead of the current build of the game wouldn't do more harm to the game than good? If you were impressed with what you saw, the current improvements on S3 would blow everyone away I think.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Sappharad » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:36 am

Hazuki00 wrote:
Peter wrote:
What we were shown 7 months ago would blow Shenmue fans sideways. I just hope they reveal that at E3.

Knowing that the material you saw in backer's dinner was outdated, showing that at the E3, instead of the current build of the game wouldn't do more harm to the game than good? If you were impressed with what you saw, the current improvements on S3 would blow everyone away I think.

You're taking his comment too literally. He's made it clear that what he saw was a draft with placeholders. They'd hopefully have finished it by the time they show it.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:41 am

I'm a little surprised they went back on what they said in the March update, but if they're busy, they're busy. Nothing we can do about that, and there's nothing wrong with it either. Might as well be sensible about the whole thing and wait it out rather than grab the pitchfork and torches.

E3 is a little over a month away. I think we can wait and see what happens there.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Himuro
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon May 01, 2017 3:20 am

We'll get an update today, the website's cache was updated. Seems like another Yu interview...
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby KidMarine » Mon May 01, 2017 3:29 am

No new footage or anything, but there is a possible story spoiler at the end:

The sword of seven stars will play some kind of a role.

Pretty funny seeing Yu get a bit flustered when the interviewer asked about it!
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby iyapol » Mon May 01, 2017 3:42 am

Rikitatsu wrote: We'll get an update today, the website's cache was updated. Seems like another Yu interview...

It's up. An interview with YS.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III