any date in this video?
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Kiske wrote:Have you hints about the articles? (Not asking for the link, just how to find them :D )

I just check Twitter and have a poke at the new original articles being posted in English.

One is pretty shitty, but another just seems ill-informed. The comments sections are in a flurry because of QTEs, but it seems nobody actually took the time to realise they're being played out on an arcade cabinet game.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 pm

celsowm wrote: any date in this video?

Feb 22nd judging from the title cards. At nearly 8PM too!

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: celsowm
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:32 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Kiske wrote:Have you hints about the articles? (Not asking for the link, just how to find them :D )

I just check Twitter and have a poke at the new original articles being posted in English.

One is pretty shitty, but another just seems ill-informed. The comments sections are in a flurry because of QTEs, but it seems nobody actually took the time to realise they're being played out on an arcade cabinet game.

Thanks!
We have to get used to that. I wonder how many people outside the Shenmue community are aware of the QTE's arcade cabinets...

Back to the update material, I really love the warm colors and the use of light.
The global atmosphere of Bailu is exactly what I'm hoping and expecting. The game is still in development, but I feel already the Shenmue touch making it pretty unique in the videogames landscape.

I'm not worried about Ryo's model, I'm sure they will come with the looks we all remember from the good ol' Dreamcast days.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby sand4fish » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:32 pm

celsowm wrote: any date in this video?

February 22 seems about right.
Kudos for using Shenmue Premiere Guides as a tool to help with the development lol. Proud that I own them now.
Last edited by sand4fish on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Mr357
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Is this part of a larger trailer? Because the clip with Ryo moving the furniture and then it somehow seamlessly switches to the journal feels like it's part of a trailer. The fact that every single clip has a "game in progress" warning label at the bottom makes me believe either we will see these in direct feed soon or they're going to be used for the games big reveal trailer. The journal transition is making me think it's the latter.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Himuro wrote: Is this part of a larger trailer? Because the clip with Ryo moving the furniture and then it somehow seamlessly switches to the journal feels like it's part of a trailer. The fact that every single clip has a "game in progress" warning label at the bottom makes me believe either we will see these in direct feed soon or they're going to be used for the games big reveal trailer. The journal transition is making me think it's the latter.

I guess you have answered your own question.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Himuro wrote: Is this part of a larger trailer? Because the clip with Ryo moving the furniture and then it somehow seamlessly switches to the journal feels like it's part of a trailer. The fact that every single clip has a "game in progress" warning label at the bottom makes me believe either we will see these in direct feed soon or they're going to be used for the games big reveal trailer. The journal transition is making me think it's the latter.

I think it's a look at the hint system.

The fortune teller/palm reader/mystic analogue in III shows you what you need to do, then the hint gets added to your journal, like the OG games.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Himuro
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:51 pm

sand4fish wrote:

I guess you have answered your own question.

Not necessarily, because the journal pops up right after that clip, and that clip ends short. So there still exists the possibility that it's just a clip from a larger video.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Technophilz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:54 pm

We're still getting this in 2017 ??? yea right !!
Technophilz

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby sand4fish » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Himuro wrote: Not necessarily, because the journal pops up right after that clip, and that clip ends short. So there still exists the possibility that it's just a clip from a larger video.

That's what I meant with my previous post. I am agreeing with you.

Technophilz wrote: Image

Well, if you read the label on the bottom of the footage... We still might, but anyway I am just glad to see that the game development seems to be moving along.
Last edited by sand4fish on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Technophilz wrote: Image

I like how you circled those out but didn't for the statue on the lower left which is a placeholder item from the Dreamcast games.

Anyway, I'm not sure how you decided a rounded shadow and clipping was definitive proof the game isn't coming out in 2017, especially considering the clipping can be fixed as easily as moving the table next to it a few inches to the right...

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: BlackHeaven
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:03 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Himuro wrote: Not necessarily, because the journal pops up right after that clip, and that clip ends short. So there still exists the possibility that it's just a clip from a larger video.

That's what I meant with my previous post. I am agreeing with you.

Oh.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Looks like they imported one of the statues from Shenmue 2's cave (The one where Ryo and Shenhua start a campfire... ) Pretty sure it's placeholder though.

Cool little update. Happy about the notebook being back and Bailu looking fleshed out. Here's hoping we'll see Ryo's updated model at E3 or before, because the one we have here is just nasty.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Love how you guys are analyzing the hell out of this small tidbit. :D
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III