December 2017 is fastly approaching!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Maybe we'll start getting updates mid-month instead, considering we got last month on the 16th of March...

Plus, it'd fit nicely with E3's schedule (13th - 15th of June)

I'll keep an eye out for tomorrow/after tomorrow...

I don't think we've ever seen an update on a weekend. Earliest we could get something is Monday 17th if that sticks.

I dunno. They were routinely leaving updates until the end of the month last year, and now with a more intense workload I don't expect them to drop any earlier than that. We're only (theoretically) back on a monthly update schedule because of griping to the KS team anyway.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Last year we didn't see anything in the E3 because they pulled out in the last moment the vídeo they had, so I hope this year we can see a full tráiler that blow us away and put all the bad press to rest! :D
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Monkei » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:58 am

Hazuki00 wrote: Last year we didn't see anything in the E3 because they pulled out in the last moment the vídeo they had

Source?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:04 am

Monkei wrote:Source?

Peter has said it a few times, so I figure it's something he was told in Japan, maybe?

Could have been a crossed wire when they were told the trailer they saw was cut in June, but either way at this point we know hitting a big games press event is only a matter of time considering the pulled PSX plans.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Only 2 months away!
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Centrale » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Didn't Gio Corsi say after PSX that YSnet hadn't even approached him about doing anything for PSX? I feel like things are getting unclear about what's actually happened and what the community hopes/expects/assumes will happen. And then when it doesn't there's speculation that this or that was canceled. It's hard to manage expectations. I guess it's just the nature of this PR method of trying to surprise consumers with reveals and such.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Centrale wrote: Didn't Gio Corsi say after PSX that YSnet hadn't even approached him about doing anything for PSX? I feel like things are getting unclear about what's actually happened and what the community hopes/expects/assumes will happen. And then when it doesn't there's speculation that this or that was canceled. It's hard to manage expectations. I guess it's just the nature of this PR method of trying to surprise consumers with reveals and such.

I remember Peter saying on one of the Dojo streams that they were told in Japan that showing at PSX was a goal.

As it didn't happen in the end (as we know), it's not surprising the idea was killed before it reached Gio Corsi.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 am

It's only two months left for the E3 where there should be a re-reveal trailer of Shenmue 3, ¿is anybody still waiting for one of those videos Suzuki talked about early in the year?
I think that If we don't see any video in this month's update we won't see anything until the E3, it would not make sense to show a trailer in may when the E3 is around the corner.
I asume they won't say they are going to be present at the E3 for being a surprise. I pray to see Ys this year there, fingers crossed !
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: It's only two months left for the E3 where there should be a re-reveal trailer of Shenmue 3, ¿is anybody still waiting for one of those videos Suzuki talked about early in the year?

I mean, we got video of the game in the March update. In fairness to Yu, it was the first time since August they'd shown the game running in a development environment.

We may get another video like that in April, and May too. It was never going to mean a huge blow-out of new media. Until Shenmue III reemerges at a big press event, I don't think we're going to get much more than the type of videos we already receive.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Hazuki00 wrote: It's only two months left for the E3 where there should be a re-reveal trailer of Shenmue 3, ¿is anybody still waiting for one of those videos Suzuki talked about early in the year?

I mean, we got video of the game in the March update. In fairness to Yu, it was the first time since August they'd shown the game running in a development environment.

We may get another video like that in April, and May too. It was never going to mean a huge blow-out of new media. Until Shenmue III reemerges at a big press event, I don't think we're going to get much more than the type of videos we already receive.

Kinda hoping we don't get anything until E3.
delvec19

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:35 pm

delvec19 wrote:Kinda hoping we don't get anything until E3.

I'm with you on that, but the March update says:

We apologize for the lapse and will do our best to bring you updates every month. It is beholden on us to keep you informed (without giving too much away of course!) and will do so as promised.

It seems like they're just trying to stop the KS comments section from losing their shit.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
delvec19 wrote:Kinda hoping we don't get anything until E3.

I'm with you on that, but the March update says:

We apologize for the lapse and will do our best to bring you updates every month. It is beholden on us to keep you informed (without giving too much away of course!) and will do so as promised.

It seems like they're just trying to stop the KS comments section from losing their shit.

Too late. Got that sociopath Waves (Karim) on there with his broken english every 3 hours posting complete and utter nonsense.
delvec19

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:12 pm

delvec19 wrote:Too late. Got that sociopath Waves (Karim) on there with his broken english every 3 hours posting complete and utter nonsense.

Yeah. There's no pleasing them, but if the calls were getting loud enough before the March update I could see why they'd throw them a bone just to keep most of them quiet and allow YSnet to just concentrate on the game.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby gillian_seed » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 am

Does someone remember the demo reward for +60$ tiers? To be honest, I'm not confident about getting it. I don't care, anyway.
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby fittersau » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:20 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: I honestly think game media will shit on the game regardless of whether it achieves what backers wanted simply on the virtue of it being a kickstarter that got time on Sony's E3 stage. it's another opportunity for faux outrage and extra clicks

I used to think that, but recently the western gaming media have been more generous with their appraisals of Japanese games, also concurrently Japanese games released recently are of good quality, but not flawless by any means.

Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Nier Automata, Persona 5 all are great games in their own right again not without flaws. The press have been pleased with them as a result most have done really well.

Shenmue 3 just needs to hit it's mark and achieve what it sets out to do, be a sequel and continuation for Shenmue 2. Not try too many new things as Suzuki is often fond of. Even Horizon, a game which has performed wonderfully, has no real innovation, it just does everything most other games have done really well.

Shenmue 3 doesn't need to be all things to all gamers, but a game that does what Shenmue should do and do it well.

My main concern with Shenmue 3 is really length of content. How much can they really put into the game cycles without it feeling stale and progress the story meaningfully within the time frames they've set themselves and also budget constrains of paying staff.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III