Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on Steam?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on Steam?

Postby Himuro » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:17 am

Making a new 16 bit era Sonic, a sequel to Generations, allowing Shenmue III to be made and giving Ys net use of materials, putting Bayonetta on Steam;etc are all pretty damn good decisions. Sometimes you guys give Sega far more flack than they really deserve. Sega wouldn't put Shenmue HD on just steam. Come on now.

Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Jurgen Post (SEGA Europe COO), last year on the subject of Shenmue HD: "If we are to do it, we'd want to do a fantastic conversion to the current platforms".

It's not just coming to PC.

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby RyoShenmue » Tue May 16, 2017 12:11 am

It would be great if they would put this on Steam. Make it moddable and fans could make Shenmue 3 themselves or at least the side stories... Perhaps the boat trip between Shenmue 1 and 2... Could be called Shenmue 1.5. Heck people could reengineer it to be online with other people. Don't think World of Warcraft, more like Call of Duty in player number scope.

I would not mind direct ports my self, with obviously having the abiltity to use the keyboard and controller. But also remastered versions would be quite nice as well. Also be able to play it in multiple langauges. I could even see it being a langauge teaching tool or modded as one.

However they should have a free demo or two for each. My question is which ones? At least for S1 it should be the very first day. It would show the awesome intro and why the player is even there and help keep the pace slow for starters. As far as when should it end, I would suggest the first day for as far as it can take you until you have to sleep or at least to the arcade.

As for the second demo it needs to be more intense. Need at least one QTE and actual fight mission. I like the pool hall fight myself.
RyoShenmue
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby Niowiad » Wed May 17, 2017 4:40 am

Clearly a properly done remaster would be on top of anything.
But the reality is... I'd buy even the crappiest of all ports it they put it on Steam \:D/
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III