Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

Postby Spaghetti » Sat May 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Send them booze to troll Waves when the bottles appear in the next video.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Sat May 06, 2017 9:47 pm

It was my idea to send Yu a fruit basket. I also floated the idea of sending wine but Yu seems to have the alcohol covered.

In order to send the basket we need to contact someone who works on the project. I was thinking we could ask Alimn if we could send the team to say thanks for the hard work. Who can get into contact with Alimn?

Himuro has received 3 thanks from: BigTuna, FlagshipFighter, Yokosuka
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenGCH » Sun May 07, 2017 4:24 am

I proposed the idea of sending a giant card filled with bespoke printed-out messages from members of the Dojo some time ago. I'm sure they would appreciate that :)

If someone would be willing to take on this task - acquiring the card, printing out the messages and sticking them into the card, and sending it off - I'd be more than happy to pay for the card.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby yuc02 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 am

ShenGCH wrote: I proposed the idea of sending a giant card filled with bespoke printed-out messages from members of the Dojo some time ago. I'm sure they would appreciate that :)

If someone would be willing to take on this task - acquiring the card, printing out the messages and sticking them into the card, and sending it off - I'd be more than happy to pay for the card.

Yeah I'm up for that, if people can send me some messages I can get a card over, but has anyone got an up to date address?
yuc02
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: yuc2002
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sappharad » Sun May 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Himuro wrote: It was my idea to send Yu a fruit basket. I also floated the idea of sending wine but Yu seems to have the alcohol covered.

In order to send the basket we need to contact someone who works on the project. I was thinking we could ask Alimn if we could send the team to say thanks for the hard work. Who can get into contact with Alimn?

It might be best to consult someone who has contact with the team on what gift might be most appropriate as well. You never know if they might have a better idea or reasons why idea X isn't as good as idea Y. Perhaps they can just source the gift locally using donated funds. That would still require someone on the inside who is actually willing to help out.

This might be a bad suggestion, but if your own suggestions don't work out, maybe Cedric Biscay or Ryan Payton would be willing to help? It sounded like they visit the team in person every few months. (Obviously everyone shouldn't just randomly reach out to them, preferably someone who either has talked to them in the past or someone that most people here would trust to do it.)

I think I mentioned in the original thread that I was willing to contribute some cash, but obviously it would be preferable if we knew it was going directly through someone we know we can trust.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Sun May 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Yeah I love the card idea. We could have a digital thing we all sign with probably and someone prints it out on a big card. We need to get in contact with someone who is in contact with the team. I say we send one to Cedric's office too because they saved Shenmue and also deserve credit.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenGCH » Mon May 08, 2017 12:54 am

Himuro wrote: Yeah I love the card idea. We could have a digital thing we all sign with probably and someone prints it out on a big card.

I was thinking more along the lines of each member of the Dojo sending their message as a private message to the person handling the card, and once they've all been collected - give it a week or so to make sure everyone gets a chance - that person prints the messages, cuts them out, and sticks them into the card. Does that sound good?

Maybe opening a dedicated thread if this gains enough traction, and we've settled on who is going to do what, would be a good idea?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 am

ShenGCH wrote:
Himuro wrote: Yeah I love the card idea. We could have a digital thing we all sign with probably and someone prints it out on a big card.

I was thinking more along the lines of each member of the Dojo sending their message as a private message to the person handling the card, and once they've all been collected - give it a week or so to make sure everyone gets a chance - that person prints the messages, cuts them out, and sticks them into the card. Does that sound good?

Maybe opening a dedicated thread if this gains enough traction, and we've settled on who is going to do what, would be a good idea?

Sounds great but we still need to find someone who has contact with the team.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:37 am

The easiest way wouldn't be contact Cedric and tell him our idea?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Himuro » Tue May 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: The easiest way wouldn't be contact Cedric and tell him our idea?

Well I also want to surprise and gift Cedric too. The man is half the reason Shenmue III even exists right now.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: KidMarine, Sonoshee
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Previous

Return to Shenmue III