Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby Himuro » Thu May 11, 2017 7:53 pm

What has the KS staff that seems like a hint, Valascaziel?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Valascaziel » Thu May 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Oh! Nothing to me or in general. I was referring to the earliest post where Joel responded directly in a message to kmlight or something.

Subtle but it's something. Regardless, I expect things to really start cooking on all rumors E3 as we hit the 30 day mark on the 15th.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 12, 2017 2:16 am

Today, we are officially one month from Sony's E3 press conference.

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Fri May 12, 2017 2:48 am

Valascaziel wrote: Oh! Nothing to me or in general. I was referring to the earliest post where Joel responded directly in a message to kmlight or something.

Subtle but it's something. Regardless, I expect things to really start cooking on all rumors E3 as we hit the 30 day mark on the 15th.

What did Joel say?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 12, 2017 3:41 am

Himuro wrote:What did Joel say?

That there should be another update this month as the one that went live May 1st was technically for April.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Fri May 12, 2017 4:22 am

I'd like an interview with one of the developers or Nocon Kid or something as to what a typical day is like. No need for footage to spoil the E3 trailer.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 12, 2017 4:42 am

Amir wrote:No need for footage to spoil the E3 trailer.

Same, but if Cedric is right about their approach to announcing an E3 presence then I'd really like to see this addressed in the next KS update video.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:05 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Amir wrote:No need for footage to spoil the E3 trailer.

Same, but if Cedric is right about their approach to announcing an E3 presence then I'd really like to see this addressed in the next KS update video.

So, our last opportunity is the next update, if they don't announce they will be at E3 this means the game will be delayed? Even if they delay the game till spring 2018, this will be the last E3 before launching the game. In my opinion it would be a very important opportunity lost to promotion the game.

We will know in half a month.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 am

Hazuki00 wrote:So, our last opportunity is the next update, if they don't announce they will be at E3 this means the game will be delayed? Even if they delay the game till spring 2018, this will be the last E3 before launching the game. In my opinion it would be a very important opportunity lost to promotion the game.

We will know in half a month.

Not really our last opportunity, but if Cedric is right about them announcing plans then I would hope they say so in the update at the end of the month, or a special update in early June. There is still a chance they could say nothing at all and the game shows up at E3 anyway. We're just not going to know until it happens/doesn't happen in any case.

I think it's safe to say if they don't show at E3, the game is delayed. My own conjecture on that is, it'll be delayed later than next E3 if that's the case. Even if the game were to launch in May next year, they should have something appropriate to show in June of this year.

Either way, not showing at any E3 is a seriously dumb move, but thankfully not one I expect them to make. YSnet want to show the game at a trade show, those are the facts. Why dodge the biggest and most attention-grabbing one of all? It was where Shenmue III was announced, and where it should rightfully return once again as an actual video game.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:23 am

Let's hope then they say something in this update.
I think the same, missing E3 would be the worst movement. Showing there a trailer would bring more money to the project and more possibly buyers when the game is finally released. Can't wait!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri May 12, 2017 7:32 am

As someone who doesn't immerse himself in E3 in general, what's the standard practice for other game trailers being announced in advance? I was under the impression from various comments that plans for the line-up at these presentations can and do change at the last minute, so wouldn't it be embarrassing for a company to announce its game will be shown at Sony's event and then have it bumped off the playlist because the schedule's running late and/or something else took priority on the day?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby JohnBlack » Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 am

I think it's safe to say if they don't show at E3, the game is delayed. My own conjecture on that is, it'll be delayed later than next E3 if that's the case. Even if the game were to launch in May next year, they should have something appropriate to show in June of this year.

If they dont show at e3 they gonna do it at PSX as trailer and gameplay next E3.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 12, 2017 7:53 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: As someone who doesn't immerse himself in E3 in general, what's the standard practice for other game trailers being announced in advance? I was under the impression from various comments that plans for the line-up at these presentations can and do change at the last minute, so wouldn't it be embarrassing for a company to announce its game will be shown at Sony's event and then have it bumped off the playlist because the schedule's running late and/or something else took priority on the day?

Sometimes studios announce, sometimes they don't. It's not really a set thing, but usually games that haven't had a proper reveal (even if their existence is known) are kept under wraps for the sake of surprise.

When it comes to what makes the show and what doesn't - things get dropped from conferences because the developer/publisher withdraws from showcase, rather than Sony/Microsoft bumping things off. If a developer announces they're bringing a game to E3, specifically at a platform holder's conference, then it's already locked in.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Fri May 12, 2017 8:42 am

I honestly cannot see them no showing this E3. Taking into account Peter's attestation that what he saw so long ago was impressive enough, they probably have something truly nice they are preparing.

I still believe the game is delayed, so I expect only a "Coming Soon" on the trailer. I doubt they'd confirm a delay AT E3. Maybe after to avoid negative press, though I doubt anyone would be shocked at a delay.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 12, 2017 8:57 am

A delay coupled with a trailer could soften the blow of knowing it'll take longer than expected, so I could see a new release window being part of any Shenmue III news at E3. Games slip all the time, and I think even the games press would have a hard time bitching about it if announced early enough.

Not to bring the discussion back to the circular argument of will they/won't they make it for December 2017; but they're holding pretty steady on it being their launch window even now. I have to wonder if any E3 trailer will mention a date or not.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III