Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby BigTuna » Sun May 14, 2017 11:02 pm

After pondering for a long while. I get the feeling we won't see any Shenmue updates this E3. Hope I'm wrong, of course. But it just isn't feeling all that positive anymore to me. Last months update was very weak. Like it was almost phoned in bullshit. I feel no hype for the current product at all. I guess it's possible we'll get another update soon that'll change my mind. But I'm not very hopeful now. Something doesn't feel right.

EDIT: Poor spelling like a dingus.
Last edited by BigTuna on Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby Valascaziel » Sun May 14, 2017 11:41 pm

Another thread up on GAF with Sega commenting on their plan of revitalizing old IPs this year.

Assuming they aren't bullshitting, it lends credence to Shenmue HD being a real thing once more.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: khmlight3
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 15, 2017 1:01 am

Valascaziel wrote:
Assuming they aren't bullshitting

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Thief » Mon May 15, 2017 4:05 am

Can someone link me (or pm me if necessary) the video in the "shenmue 3 not coming to e3" thread that was locked? It was pretty funny and I wanted to save it.

Thief has received a thanks from: John Doom
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Mon May 15, 2017 4:28 am

Thief wrote: Can someone link me (or pm me if necessary) the video in the "shenmue 3 not coming to e3" thread that was locked? It was pretty funny and I wanted to save it.

Here you go, dude:
phpBB [video]

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: John Doom, Thief
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby John Doom » Mon May 15, 2017 4:38 am

Thank you! I was looking for it, some parts were so funny! :D
Last edited by John Doom on Mon May 15, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Doom

Steam: John Doom
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:39 am

BigTuna wrote: After pondering for a long while. I get the feeling we won't see any Shenmue updates this E3. Hope I'm wrong, of course. But it just isn't feeling all that positive anymore to me. Last months update was very weak. Like it was almost phoned in bullshit. I feel no hype for the current product at al. I guess it's possible we'll get another update soon that'll change my mind. But I'm not very hopeful now. Something doesn't feel right.

That's a normal feeling you get when you see after 2 years of development and you don't see any trailer or more pictures but we have talked about this a lot, it's clear that they are being very secretive with the development and Yu doesn't want to show anything that doesn't meet the Standard he has. Maybe they want to surprise us all with a trailer at E3.
They are still saying that they want to release the game this year so I think this is a good sign.
Remember too what Peter said, they are more advanced than we think.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kiske » Mon May 15, 2017 5:14 am

This video could be funny if it wasn't causing confusion and wasn't spreading lies about Yu Suzuki and the team.
I have already plenty *examples of people actually BELIEVING this interview translation is real and believing they actually work 4 hours a day...

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtop ... 20&t=69046

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-d ... 61/?page=1

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/325460

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 15, 2017 5:21 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:I didn't mean "OMG, SHENMUE MUTHAFUCKIN THREEEEE!!! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!!!"

I meant "Hey look, here's a thing you didn't know - Game X was there, unannounced."

It's the difference between possibly being relegated to an article listing the trailers that were shown at E3, and actually being an item of news in and of itself.

Most games get covered in their own news segments regardless of whether they've been announced to be there or not, though. For all the ills of the games media they will at least do their job in providing extensive coverage, although that might have to do more with the content arms race/desire for clicks.

People are going to cover the re-reveal of Shenmue III if they announce it ahead of time or not.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Mon May 15, 2017 6:05 am

Not sure if I care if a bunch of idiots think it's real—shit's funny. Anyway, thanks for the link.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 15, 2017 6:13 am

Kiske wrote: This video could be funny if it wasn't causing confusion and wasn't spreading lies about Yu Suzuki and the team.
I have already plenty *examples of people actually BELIEVING this interview translation is real and believing they actually work 4 hours a day...

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtop ... 20&t=69046

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-d ... 61/?page=1

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/325460

People amaze me.

In the bad way.

BigTuna wrote:Last months update was very weak. Like it was almost phoned in bullshit.

Probably because it was. That's not a knock on the team, just the reality of having to stick with a monthly update schedule now. There's plenty that they could be showing us, but it's clear that they're waiting for a bigger and better opportunity to do so.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby John Doom » Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 am

Kiske wrote: This video could be funny if it wasn't causing confusion and wasn't spreading lies about Yu Suzuki and the team.

Supposing the author's intention was just to make a parody, I hope his video won't be removed because of this: it isn't right to basically censor a work because some people are just too dumb to fact check :???:
John Doom

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 15, 2017 6:40 am

John Doom wrote:Supposing the author's intention was just to make a parody, I hope his video won't be removed because of this: it isn't right to basically censor a work because some people are just too dumb to fact check :???:

The same YouTube channel also published fake screenshots of Shenmue III.

The cynical view is that they're just using the fanbase for clicks, and trying to create controversy for more views.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Mon May 15, 2017 6:45 am

shredingskin wrote:
Valascaziel wrote:
Assuming they aren't bullshitting

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Why? Come on. How many times has Sega said X, but done nothing. It took 15 years for them to finally acquiesce to relinquish rights for III.

Memes aside, the rumor and hype train is going full steam now.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Mon May 15, 2017 6:46 am

Love how when someone on the internet in a position such as myself removes a video, bans a member, edits a post etc, and the "censorship" term gets thrown about, never mind the fact that a full explanation of the reasons for said editing were given.

Spaghetti wrote:
John Doom wrote:Supposing the author's intention was just to make a parody, I hope his video won't be removed because of this: it isn't right to basically censor a work because some people are just too dumb to fact check :???:

The same YouTube channel also published fake screenshots of Shenmue III.

The cynical view is that they're just using the fanbase for clicks, and trying to create controversy for more views.

Quoted for the third time, for those who struggle to work it out.

The author in question already has pulled stunts like this in the past, and as with that video, this one makes no attempt to distinguish itself as a fan made parody. None at all. It's irrelevant that people cant, "work it out", we are supposed to be fans of the franchise, and Shenmue has a hard time enough as it is from the media. We not going to start promoting idiotic clickbait videos or attempts at Joe random out there to be hilarious and get a few more views on his channel. I would comfortably say the same would happen if such a video appeared at Team Yu or on 500k. We all collectively have the best interests of Shenmue at heart and will keep it that way, which is what a loyal fan base should do.

The video ShenGCH posted above has been put in spoiler tags for those who want to cry, "censorship". But it won't be posted around the Dojo for kicks.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III