Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby Telekill » Thu May 18, 2017 8:18 am

These rumors and hints are definitely an exciting prospect but I'm still going to hold off excitement. I'm assuming there will be a Shenmue HD Collection announcement at or around E3 because it's the logical step for Sega to make money off of the series. If not now... then it will not happen. Time will tell and not much more time at that.

Himuro wrote: Can someone tell me why people like Bluepoint games remasters so much? What's the big deal about their remasters that separates them from others'?

I only have experience with the Uncharted Trilogy remaster that they did but they did an incredible job. The first Uncharted benefited the most. They went in and brought the graphic level up to where the second game was as well as getting rid of the ridiculous motion control mechanic for throwing grenades. I hate motion controls and was glad to see it go. With the second and third games, aside from the lack of the multiplayer, everything was as I remembered it. They even added in new trophies and a harder difficulty for the pros. The lack of the multiplayer was Sony's call so I can't fault Bluepoint for that.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 am

RE: Mental gymnastics from fans.

I think from at least Gio's perspective he's aware. He's had to deal with us even before Shenmue III was announced, and now even moreso since then.

Either way; nearly 680 likes, 230 retweets, and 45 replies on his tweet now. The hype is real.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am

But he can easily hide behind the same excuse he gave at PSX.

I detested that response. Can't help to admit, but kind of changed my perception with that slightly.

But as Spaghetti says, the figures of the likes and retweets easily surpasses any of his other tweets by a county mile. Over 6 times as many. So yea, he knows....
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Valascaziel » Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 am

Man, there's a lot of skepticism and pessimism here, but I completely understand. The burn from PSX was very deep for many of us.

My best friend from college and I still plan to watch the stream together this time, as well as drive 3 hours to meet up at game launch(if there is a physical release) as I plan to keep my $500 package sealed to bequeath unto my son many years from now.

That said, I'm far more hopeful for megaton announcements for Shenmue HD and III. Nintendo has a hit with the Switch, Microsoft will be touting Scorpio, so Sony must rely on what they do best--games.

Listening to fans(FFVII/S3) were the best moments oon E3 history, so I really think they'll capitalize on it this year for sure.

Too many cryptic tweets and vague confirmations for this to not be real. I don't recall if these same tweets regarding HD showed up around PSX or if they did, were not as numerous.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Thu May 18, 2017 9:47 am

Valascaziel wrote:Too many cryptic tweets and vague confirmations for this to not be real. I don't recall if these same tweets regarding HD showed up around PSX or if they did, were not as numerous.

From what I recall, the "rumors/hints/leaks" level has never been so high since Yu-Suzuki's forklift banner on Twitter.

Edited: Because it's better this way.
Last edited by Kiske on Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Himuro » Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am

Where there's smoke, there's fire. This is actually happening.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Thu May 18, 2017 10:42 am

We're treading on dangerous ground here. Nothing is confirmed.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Thu May 18, 2017 10:45 am

Nothing is confirmed but there's no way there's nothing happening at this point and like Kiske said that is my own personal opinion.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am

I get that, you're completely entitled to that opinion and I'm not trying to say you should change it by any means. But please just keep in mind that there's still the possibility of Shenmue not making an appearance. I know that chances are looking good right now, but in a month anything can happen and if it doesn't show up, it's going to hurt a lot more if you go into it 100% expecting to see Shenmue.

I think we'll see Shenmue. I think there's a really good chance of it. But it's something we can't be sure of just yet.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, VukBZ2005
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

I never said anything about Shenmue being at E3. My post is related to the status of the IP, not Shenmue's appearance at E3. It could be at E3, it might not be at E3. At this point, it doesn't matter. What I'm most convinced of is that there is movement within the series IP which is not related to III.

Himuro has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Verderame » Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 am

Does anyone actually doubt that Shenmue 1 & 2 HD Remaster will eventually come out? It's only matter of "when", and i'm sure we will hear about it at E3.

About Shenmue 3, if it's really coming out in 2017 then it has to be there. Otherwise i think it would be safe to assume that it's going to be delayed to 2018.
Verderame
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Outrun

Postby Jibby » Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 am

Ah my bad, I misunderstood what you meant. Apologies!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 am

Himuro, please.... please don't take this the wrong way, but remember PSX just 6 months ago. You, among others, were a lot more venomous and toxic after the no show at that event. A lot of which, I took the brunt of. That was hard to take. You also were making threats, to go to the press etc. Again, don't take that the wrong way by today's context, but that's the facts. By all means, look forward to E3, and get yourself uber hyped if you want! Go nuts, but I'm asking you now, keep an open mind and as Jibby said, there could be absolutely NOTHING Shenmue related to come out of the Sony Conference, and the whole of E3. You are really building yourself up here, where everyone else is excited, but also voicing caution. Learn from the past. If there is a Shenmue no show, keep sensible and don't get negatively emotional again. That goes for everyone.

After PSX, lessons were learned, and anyone spouting garbage about going to the press, making claims of stolen money etc we will have a strict zero policy this time round. Temp bans will be issued without reasoning first if we feel it's beyond trying. Himuro, you are an example of that, where at the time you fly off the handle and throw the toys out of the pram, but then after a week or two, you apologise and things calm down once clarity sets in.

So this time, in the event that E3 is another PSX washout, by all means voice an opinion. But do it constructively and respectfully. Remember Yu and his staff are working 24 hours a day, sleeping at the office to get us out a game that's worthy of the Shenmue brand, on a shoestring budget. If they feel that E3 isn't the right time, respect that, and remember your 4 wude.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Telekill » Thu May 18, 2017 11:23 am

That's a fair warning.

I think everyone needs to move to the "excited with caution" area of E3 hype. It makes logical sense that Shenmue would be seen at this E3 given the time frame of Shenmue 3's supposed release, but there is never a guarantee.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am

An aside observation: the photo of Gio and Yu seems to be taken in front of the filing cabinets where the unnamed game developer does his intros for the video updates for Kickstarter.

I wonder if Gio might make an appearance in the next update?

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III