Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby jasonorme666 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:40 am

celsowm wrote: Any chances of Shenmue related thing here?

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/871802642904870913

I think it's related to "Persona 5".. ATLAS posted the same thing.
jasonorme666
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Valascaziel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:42 am

We'll find out if out SaveShenmueHD tweets have finally been heard in a mere 6 days. I look for leaks to start coming in the next few days.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby jasonorme666 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:52 am

Or maybe something like this
jasonorme666

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:47 am

Kiske wrote:
Here's the interesting part:
When FFVII’s remake was announced, jaws hit the floor. Most people thought it had been too long, and that it’d never happen, but there we all were, watching Sony and Square Enix announce it’s a real thing.

However, don’t expect to see it, or Shenmue 3 at E3 this year. Both projects are early in the development process and there’s likely nothing worth actually showing at this point. We’re sorry to break it to you, but the wait for these two will have to continue, but hey, at least they’re both happening.

The article date is May 23 2017. 6 days before the KS update talking about E3.
(Unless they updated the article in the meanwhile)

Do you think Red Bull had a "stroke of luck" or they were simply well-informed.

It's not that important of course, but I didn't consider the fact that backers may not have been the only ones asking Ysnet about Shenmue 3 presence at E3.

Nothing worth to show? How do they know this? I assume they are only supposing, knowing what CEO of fig has just said and Peter told about backers dinner.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:47 am

jasonorme666 wrote:

I think it's related to "Persona 5".. ATLAS posted the same thing.

Well, the original Shenmue HD rumor that started this year had something to do with Atlus IIRC, but of course...I doubt it's to do with that.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:16 am

Hazuki00 wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Here's the interesting part:
When FFVII’s remake was announced, jaws hit the floor. Most people thought it had been too long, and that it’d never happen, but there we all were, watching Sony and Square Enix announce it’s a real thing.

However, don’t expect to see it, or Shenmue 3 at E3 this year. Both projects are early in the development process and there’s likely nothing worth actually showing at this point. We’re sorry to break it to you, but the wait for these two will have to continue, but hey, at least they’re both happening.

The article date is May 23 2017. 6 days before the KS update talking about E3.
(Unless they updated the article in the meanwhile)

Do you think Red Bull had a "stroke of luck" or they were simply well-informed.

It's not that important of course, but I didn't consider the fact that backers may not have been the only ones asking Ysnet about Shenmue 3 presence at E3.

Nothing worth to show? How do they know this? I assume they are only supposing, knowing what CEO of fig has just said and Peter told about backers dinner.

The whole thing reads like supposition to me. "Shenmue 3 won't be at E3" is a statement and would require some basis in fact, whereas "Don't expect to see Shenmue 3 at E3" is advisory and would be more commonly based on opinion. There's also a clear distinction between "There's nothing worth showing " and "There's likely nothing worth showing."

"The wait for these two will have to continue" is of course written like a factual statement, however its context is as a conclusion to the previous points, so its implied that they were simply taking their assumptions for granted here.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Kiske
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:41 pm

I have zero doubts Shenmue HD is ready to go, but I think it's Shenmue 3 and YSNET that may be holding it up. As they said in their last update, they still don't have their schedule locked down so until then, I can't see Sega releasing them, or even promoting them until there are clear indications of a schedule from the Japanese development team.

If Shenmue 3 is a way off, be it a year or even 2 years delay, then there are multiple risks for releasing Shenmue HD too early, including people forgetting about the franchise all over again based on a potentially long period of time between a HD release date, to Shenmue 3 release date. Another risk is HD remasters bringing a lot more fans into the franchise which, despite being amazing, means the pressure placed on YSNET to hurry up with Shenmue 3 increases, and they are already feeling enough of that as it is with the game being a Kickstarter.

I'm not expecting anything at E3 at all, but it would be nice to be surprised.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Peter wrote: I have zero doubts Shenmue HD is ready to go, but I think it's Shenmue 3 and YSNET that may be holding it up. As they said in their last update, they still don't have their schedule locked down so until then, I can't see Sega releasing them, or even promoting them until there are clear indications of a schedule from the Japanese development team.

If Shenmue 3 is a way off, be it a year or even 2 years delay, then there are multiple risks for releasing Shenmue HD too early, including people forgetting about the franchise all over again based on a potentially long period of time between a HD release date, to Shenmue 3 release date. Another risk is HD remasters bringing a lot more fans into the franchise which, despite being amazing, means the pressure placed on YSNET to hurry up with Shenmue 3 increases, and they are already feeling enough of that as it is with the game being a Kickstarter.

I'm not expecting anything at E3 at all, but it would be nice to be surprised.

Considering Shenmue 3's release date is "December 2017" and it will be probably be pushed back a year, I don't see how releasing Shenmue HD between now and the push back date would be too long and people would forget about Shenmue 3. It's better the sooner SEGA get the HD Collections out there, I think, better than what it might be otherwise (coming out after Shenmue 3 would be worse).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby delvec19 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Also an announcement of the HD releases doesn't necessarily mean the games will be out soon. They could very well just be announced at E3, gain some excitement for that announcement alone, then strategically be released during a timeframe where it would be most beneficial for all parties involved.
delvec19

Postby delvec19 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 pm

By the way, I tweeted Justin Bailey (Fig CEO who claimed to have seen Shenmue 3). Asked if it was true.

https://twitter.com/delvec19/status/871839773807325184

He liked it.
delvec19

Postby Kiske » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:41 pm

What a trashy and totally inaccurate article by a "true fan":
http://www.ticgn.com/ticgn-originals/op ... shenmue-3/

I post this not to give him attention but to make you aware of this "state of the art" piece of investigation in case you ever have to approach the matter in a discussion outside the Dojo.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:11 pm

It's only an opinion piece with a lot of legitimate questions but obviously with the wrong deductions.
Please don't speak ill of him behind his back. If you really believe in Shenmue III, you know that all doubters and critics will close themselves after the trailer and all's well that ends well.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Confirmed as Yakuza 6 and 13 Sentinals by Sega.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Yokosuka wrote:Please don't speak ill of him behind his back.

Kiske gave his reason for raising it here.

Besides, when you publish an article online you're handing it over to be critiqued by anybody anywhere, just as Shenmue III will be critiqued on random forums across the Web. Are you always so concerned about posting "behind their back" when discussing someone's public output, or is this a special case for some reason?

Peter wrote:Confirmed as Yakuza 6 and 13 Sentinals by Sega.

So the shape wasn't even relevant at all. :lol:
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby jasonorme666 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Can't go wrong with Yakuza 6.. exciting!
jasonorme666

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III