Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby Kiske » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:17 am

Yokosuka wrote: It's only an opinion piece with a lot of legitimate questions but obviously with the wrong deductions.
Please don't speak ill of him behind his back. If you really believe in Shenmue III, you know that all doubters and critics will close themselves after the trailer and all's well that ends well.

I'm not arguing over an opinion, I'm arguing over inaccurate facts. Do I really need to list them?
What are those legitimate questions if I may ask?

I'm not speaking ill behind his back. I'm being critical with what he wrote. Beside, I gave my reasons why I did report the article here. The question is not if I believe in Shenmue III. It's not a matter of faith, again, it's a matter of building an opinion based on objective facts, not out of frustration.

There is a comment section below the article. It's not like this guy pretended not to be open to discussion, so it sounded a bit impolite to my ears and not very constructive.

I'm the one who sounds impolite and not very constructive?

They began to focus less on game development, and more on trinkets that the development team received in the mail. Seemingly arbitrary stretch goals, such as “improved battle system” and support for multiple languages, were set. Why should a goal of $3 million need to be met in order for another language to be supported? This seemed strange to me.

An update was posted by Ys Net on December 14, 2014. In the post, it is stated that R&D was on course, and that the team was beginning to focus on production. The game was announced one and a half years prior to this date, and was scheduled for release in a year. Yet, it still hadn’t even entered the production phase.

Words couldn’t express my disappointment. What, exactly, was Ys Net doing during the past 18 months with the $6,333,295 that they solicited from 69,320 gamers? Something didn’t seem right to me. To be truthful, it seemed downright fishy.

Several adjectives could be used to describe how Ys Net has handled Shenmue 3. Deceitful, disorganized, underhanded, and dishonest would be a few.

Whatever the case, Ys Net owes it to all backers to explain what is going on. At this rate, Shenmue 3 may eventually see the light of day on the PlayStation 5 in 2021, if it releases at all.

The author has every right to ignore how a game is being developed and how long the pre-production process can be but this ignorance doesn't give him the right to throw accusations based on assumptions. This is what I call being impolite and not very constructive.

Kiske has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Marcelinho, Peter, Switch
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Suzuki Yu » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:23 am

balkonsky wrote:
Bluecast wrote: Releasing the HD remaster before 3 generates interest in the new upcoming game rather than retroactively generate interest when sales matter less when the new product been on the shelf awhile long enough for used copies or steam sales where they see very little of that money. Release it now and get those who never played before curious and retain some of those people to get excited for III and buy it new launch week.

Right, my assumption is of course that Sega has no financial benefit (or very small) in boosting Shenmue 3 sales, so they care less. Yet if Shenmue 3 is a success they can reap the benefit of releasing the HD after. I do not see any better explanation into why would they wait so long to announce it.

In the long run our view makes sense in a bet to continue series beyond Shenmue 3, but for Sega it might be too much of a gamble at the moment.

it's way safer for them to jump now and take advantage with the remasters while the hype is still high for this series and it's legacy because no one really knows how's the reception for 3 is gonna look like + many won't even bother to play 3 before the remasters.

it's a no-brainer for them to release the remasters way ahead of SIII release.

Suzuki Yu has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:52 am

ShenmueLegacy wrote:
https://twitter.com/blitworks/status/731058982878580736

As much as we would like to believe SEGA wouldn't invest any more in the Shenmue saga, they still have an investment in it, even more so since Shenmue III's funding success.

1. Quality Remaster = Quality Return
2. Shenmue III Success = Saga Reinvestment
3. Profit

SEGA has surprised folks with remasters before..

They have been a source of great support for Shenmue over the years, but Blitworks are not the ones who have developed Shenmue HD.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:20 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:There is a comment section below the article. It's not like this guy pretended not to be open to discussion, so it sounded a bit impolite to my ears and not very constructive.

Shenmue III has an official comments section on Kickstarter, but here we are.

Developpers don't read Kickstarter comments. It's a blog article, not a Washington Post journalist's one. You will earn nothing by complaining here. If you don't want to argue directly with him, maybe I will do myself if I have time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:36 am

Christ alive.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 am

Suzuki Yu wrote:
balkonsky wrote:
Bluecast wrote: Releasing the HD remaster before 3 generates interest in the new upcoming game rather than retroactively generate interest when sales matter less when the new product been on the shelf awhile long enough for used copies or steam sales where they see very little of that money. Release it now and get those who never played before curious and retain some of those people to get excited for III and buy it new launch week.

Right, my assumption is of course that Sega has no financial benefit (or very small) in boosting Shenmue 3 sales, so they care less. Yet if Shenmue 3 is a success they can reap the benefit of releasing the HD after. I do not see any better explanation into why would they wait so long to announce it.

In the long run our view makes sense in a bet to continue series beyond Shenmue 3, but for Sega it might be too much of a gamble at the moment.

it's way safer for them to jump now and take advantage with the remasters while the hype is still high for this series and it's legacy because no one really knows how's the reception for 3 is gonna look like + many won't even bother to play 3 before the remasters.

it's a no-brainer for them to release the remasters way ahead of SIII release.

This guy gets it.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:47 am

Peter wrote:
ShenmueLegacy wrote:
https://twitter.com/blitworks/status/731058982878580736

As much as we would like to believe SEGA wouldn't invest any more in the Shenmue saga, they still have an investment in it, even more so since Shenmue III's funding success.

1. Quality Remaster = Quality Return
2. Shenmue III Success = Saga Reinvestment
3. Profit

SEGA has surprised folks with remasters before..

They have been a source of great support for Shenmue over the years, but Blitworks are not the ones who have developed Shenmue HD.

Are you sure about that? Do you know something we don't?
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Christ alive.

Madness or what

Yokosuka wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:There is a comment section below the article. It's not like this guy pretended not to be open to discussion, so it sounded a bit impolite to my ears and not very constructive.

Shenmue III has an official comments section on Kickstarter, but here we are.

Developpers don't read Kickstarter comments. It's a blog article, not a Washington Post journalist's one. You will earn nothing by complaining here. If you don't want to argue directly with him, maybe I will do myself if I have time.

I'd advise you to stop now. Of all people, YOU are in no position whatsoever to tell people where they can and cannot moan, for the amount of bitching you do here about the development process about Shenmue 3.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:02 am

I never pretended to be a patriarch. I only gave my doubts on the aim of this and I don't think my thinking was particularly senseless: disinformation needs action. Don't know why you're trying to disguise my posts as ballistic missiles.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 am

Of course you don't, but when multiple people in this topic suggest otherwise, that would be indication enough to take the blinkers off, and maybe not tell people to speak any which way behind someone's back.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

I don't think SEGA is "sitting" on any remaster, that's not how a business works. People don't work for free, there is always a budget and a return in mind within a time frame.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, mjq jazz bar, Mr357
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby celsowm » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 am

For some reasons (or not?)

Sega has followed this Shenmue Meme account today

Just after this tweet: https://twitter.com/Ryohazuki1/status/8 ... 0196599808
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 am

Would be interesting to see if they're following others. They're not even following Shenmue 3 or *gasp* Team Yu, so who knows how they choose to follow accounts. They're following a lot of people.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:49 am

Random.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:56 am

Yeah, any Twitter that's following hundreds of thousands of accounts is just following random accounts.

Sega Europe's Twitter is much more exclusive.

I don't think they're going to give away any secrets this way, but it's fun.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III