Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby Kiske » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote: The HD Remasters are not going to be announced at this E3, and probably ever. Hope you guys realize it before the crushing disappointment tonight...

Why do you think the remasters will never come out?

Because Shenmue 3's big moment at E3 is 2 years old, and in those 2 years we didn't get the slightest clue about the remasters being in production (not 1 leak, not 1 pic, nothing, zero), aside from some guy on Neogaf fucking about in a thread.

If Sega doesn't make the remasters during what is arguably the best period they'll ever have for Shenmue's popularity (between the KS announcement and Shen 3 release), when will they ever make them?

To be fair, there is a little bit more than a guy f*cking about it in a NeoGAF thread.
Anyway, whatever happens during E3, as Shenmue fans we should never give up and keep asking SEGA for those remasters, no matter how long it takes.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:38 am

Just don't want anyone to lose their cool if it's not announced tonight. No one promised anything. :)
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 am

Sadly, the enduring feeling I get from Sega is that they are long done with the franchise and that the Shenmue license was only given to Yu to appease us, the fans of the series, and let him continue his legacy out of respect.

I don't honestly think they care about HD remasters and never have.

They obviously cared enough to let the current fans have some continuation and for that I am grateful to them.

Of course... I'd love for them to prove me damn wrong tonight at their E3 show, but this is the overall feeling I've had from them for a while.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:03 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote: The HD Remasters are not going to be announced at this E3, and probably ever. Hope you guys realize it before the crushing disappointment tonight...

Because Shenmue 3's big moment at E3 is 2 years old, and in those 2 years we didn't get the slightest clue about the remasters being in production (not 1 leak, not 1 pic, nothing, zero), aside from some guy on Neogaf fucking about in a thread.

If Sega doesn't make the remasters during what is arguably the best period they'll ever have for Shenmue's popularity (between the KS announcement and Shen 3 release), when will they ever make them?

I understand the lack of faith from anyone. Heck I sometimes feel the same because ya know.... Sega.

But I've tried over the past few weeks to word my posts as best I can, to try and give you guys hints as to what a few people behind the scenes either know, or are at least aware of. My name may be green and I am just seen as someone who steps in when conversations go sideways around here, but rest assured that's not the case at all. Behind the scenes, I work endlessly developing contacts, relationships and try to get a feel as best I can in regards to what's happening with Shenmues future. This ranges from industry employees, journalists, and even Awesome Japan and YSNET on occasion.

I don't keep information to myself either, I also share what I find out with certain people I trust and feel should know within the community. Anything I hear ahead of time, I use to get ready from a community standpoint. Write a post and set up the mindset of how to present that. That trust goes a long way, and shows that not all of us want to run and post what would be considered a leak, on NeoGaf or to a media website. I hold Shenmue very close to my heart and that of course includes the integrity of both the game itself and it's creators.

In regards to Shenmue HD, I have tried to point you guys in the direction of positivity. You don't have to listen to me, and be as skeptical all you want, but rest assured my positivity doesn't come from a fanboy passion based on hopes and dreams alone. I take what I hear and base my aspirations on that. Whilst I protect the information and their sources on the one hand, i also try and be as reassuring as I can to you guys on the other.

I have said before to forget Blitworks. Also, it's very.... Very simply a question of WHEN, and not IF Shenmue HD comes along. It may not be tonight at Sony's conference. But it will come. Keep the faith.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am

Peter wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
Kiske wrote:

I understand the lack of faith from anyone. Heck I sometimes feel the same because ya know.... Sega.

But I've tried over the past few weeks to word my posts as best I can, to try and give you guys hints as to what a few people behind the scenes either know, or are at least aware of. My name may be green and I am just seen as someone who steps in when conversations go sideways around here, but rest assured that's not the case at all. Behind the scenes, I work endlessly developing contacts, relationships and try to get a feel as best I can in regards to what's happening with Shenmues future. This ranges from industry employees, journalists, and even Awesome Japan and YSNET on occasion.

I don't keep information to myself either, I also share what I find out with certain people I trust and feel should know within the community. Anything I hear ahead of time, I use to get ready from a community standpoint. Write a post and set up the mindset of how to present that. That trust goes a long way, and shows that not all of us want to run and post what would be considered a leak, on NeoGaf or to a media website. I hold Shenmue very close to my heart and that of course includes the integrity of both the game itself and it's creators.

In regards to Shenmue HD, I have tried to point you guys in the direction of positivity. You don't have to listen to me, and be as skeptical all you want, but my positivity doesn't come from a fanboy passion based on hopes and dreams alone. I take what I hear and base my aspirations on that. Whilst I protect the information and their sources on the one hand, i also try and be as reassuring as I can to you guys on the other.

I have said before to forget Blitworks. Also, it's very.... Very simply a question of WHEN, and not IF Shenmue HD comes along. It may not be tonight at Sony's conference. But it will come. Keep the faith.

Thank you very much Peter! Could you tell us at least if they are going to launch it next year or this year?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:48 am

I don't know chap, your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully sooner rather than later though.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 am

I was just thinking this... the timing for the delay announcement is very interesting. Right before e3. I imagine the delay has been known by Yu, Sony, etc. for a while. Maybe Sega wants to release the HD remakes this Christmas but people would be upset pushing it so close to Shenmue 3's release. So they would have to announce the delay at e3. But they wouldn't want that taking away from the publicity of the remakes. So they announced the delay ahead of time.

So I'm willing to bet on a HD remake announcement tonight.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:53 am

There are 3 possible outcomes right now, regarding the WHEN:

1. It's announced tonight at E3. Lots of evidence to support that.

2. PSX reveal and shadowdrop for maximum instant hype and also since Shenmue is a game that takes place at that time of year.

3. Sega are not associating themselves with Sony whatsoever, and will do their own thing, ie. have a current business plan scheduled, dripfeeding PC releases of remasters in their own time like how they have been doing with Bayonetta, Vanquish etc. That means it could drop on any day of the week via their Twitter feed or tease it within another game.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby celsowm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Probably Sonic Mania and Yakuza 6...

well...
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/stat ... 5269306368
Last edited by celsowm on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

celsowm has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:12 pm

lol you beat me too it, was about to post the above. I assume they are tweeting about the PC Show as it starts in less than an hour. I hope I am wrong though :P and that they are talking about Sony :P
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby alexh86 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm

I'll be watching Sony's show tonight and hope to hear an announcement. Personally, I would think Sega would keep the announcement for themselves and would be surprised to hear it announced from Sony's stage but we shall see. A Shenmue/II HD remaster would probably be on every console and PC, I don't think Sega would need to give anyone an exclusive to get the game made. Since we already know most or all of Sega's lineup, I don't think we see remasters at all this E3.

This is all speculation, I have no inside information but I hope I am WRONG! I'd love to see this game announced at the show this week.
alexh86

PSN: ahark86

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 pm

alexh86 wrote: A Shenmue/II HD remaster would probably be on every console and PC

I think it would create a PR problem to release a game on a system that a sequel isn't being developed for. If we get it we will get it on PS4 and PC.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Sony's conference is later tonight in Europe, right?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby alexh86 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm

south carmain wrote: Sony's conference is later tonight in Europe, right?

2:00 AM (02:00) in London

alexh86 has received a thanks from: south carmain
alexh86

PSN: ahark86

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Doods I'm SOOOOO nervous I need to hold something! *grabs sonic stress ball*

By the powers of Joel Tess I beg of thee, please make today the day we make history! The hype... it's festering on my very flesh and soul, I even caved in on getting a ps4 a month earlier than expected. I must be prepared, and not let a no-show lead me to the dark side (not that it ever has, but you know what they say... you either die ecstatically hyped or you live long enough to become a troll) Come, brothers and sisters, tonight... WE DINE...IN HELL!!!

Did anybody watch the Devolver conference? What the heck did I just watch? And why did a random dude say "Where's Shenmue 3 Devolver!?!"...huh??? I don't even...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III