Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Why does every second game need to have the combat system from the arkham games? I was already bored of it back in 2014...
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pm

SickOctopus wrote: So when is SEGA's showcase? Not that I'm putting much faith in them to deliver.

SEGA isn't having a showcase, which is the norm for them. They'll be on the show floor with the games they've said they're bringing to the event.

Telekill wrote:I suppose the HD Collection won't be happening.

No-showing doesn't mean that at all.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Kintor
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ys » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:02 pm

south carmain wrote: I agree that it wasn't that interesting, I regret staying up to watch it.

I was awake but haven't watched anything from E3 at all besides maybe 2 minutes from Easy Allies. They discussed E3 but it didn't sound interesting actually. Apparently I haven't missed that much this time.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Telekill » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
SickOctopus wrote: So when is SEGA's showcase? Not that I'm putting much faith in them to deliver.

SEGA isn't having a showcase, which is the norm for them. They'll be on the show floor with the games they've said they're bringing to the event.

I've lost hope that Sega has half a brain. Their losing their window of opportunity to make some cash and I don't think they know whay they're doing anymore.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Sappharad » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05 am

The format of Sony's last two E3 press conferences would not have been an appropriate for them to announce remasters of Shenmue I & II. With last year's E3 "PlayStation Showcase" I was kind of disappointed by the lack of games shown and the duration of the games that they did show. This year was the same format, but I felt they did a better job of it. It was pretty much game after game with very little filler. All of the games they showed looked like high budget, graphically impressive titles. There were no 2D pixel art games, no showcase of indie games, and the one 'old' game that they showed was an impressive remake.

It seemed like all of the announcements that would have pleased people who have been following games for a long time were during the pre-show in the hour prior. Gran Tourismo Sport, Undertale, Everybody's Golf, Ni No Kuni 2, all of those were well known titles and they all got covered before the real show.

I honestly don't think Sega would want to invest in remakes of Shenmue I & II with the level of graphics that match the titles shown during this (and last year's) E3 PlayStation showcase. They've clearly been shifting focus on niche and indie titles to PSX. I'm not saying I think they'll announce anything at PSX, just that I am not surprised that nothing happened today. I wasn't even considering the format of the presentation when I voted No in the poll last month, but in retrospect it would have made a lot of sense to point out.

Last year I attended PSX hopeful that there would be some Shenmue news, but there were a handful of other games I wanted to see & play to make it worth going. It was a neat experience, although this year I don't think I have anything to convince me to go again. Hope they announce some things for that which make me want to change my mind, because I'd love to find a reason to go again.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:15 am

Telekill wrote:I've lost hope that Sega has half a brain. Their losing their window of opportunity to make some cash and I don't think they know whay they're doing anymore.

Just gotta keep waiting it out for the moment. It's just a question of when, not if.

Shenmue III isn't due to release for a year now at the very least. SEGA's window is still plenty wide to do the right thing and give us what we want.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SickOctopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:27 am

What about Gamescom? I've never followed it, but could that be worth keeping an eye on for a reveal?
SickOctopus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: AJK1986
Steam: AllyK86
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Life is Strange

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:40 am

Shenmue-wise everything went as expected, but damn if it wasn't one of the weakest e3 conferences in years.

No friggin REmake 2 show, and as i much as i liked it back in the day, who asked for Shadow Of The Colossus remake? :shock:
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Shenmue-wise everything went as expected, but damn if it wasn't one of the weakest e3 conferences in years.

No friggin REmake 2 show, and as i much as i liked it back in the day, who asked for Shadow Of The Colossus remake? :shock:

It must have been on another social media network!!?? :lol: Maybe we need to find out which one that is and start spamming it every 3rd of the month. :mrgreen:

It looks great though!
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby HerbalNekoTea » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:23 am

Just registered after looking at this threat, seeing you writing some defetetist answer about the E3. Since i had the mindset for some month that it was more probable for an announcement at E3 because of dec 2017 release of shenmue 3. Then it got delayed until second half of 2018.

Let me all prove you wrong, in 99 days, the Tokyo Game Show will happen, since i was in the past a Phantasy Star Online 2 player on JP server for some year with 2600h cummulated, let me say this to you all for giving you a big smile of hope.

Sega for year's doing a conference and live stream at each Tokyo Game Show with some senyuu of the PSO2 game and some animator for 30min, then they show other game on that event like that another mmorpg, mobage, yakuza, etc. They have around 2h of content to show or more. Namco Bandai, Square Enix and many more show a lot of content at TGS.

Let me make you remember, even if Sega's originally from USA, their main headquarter became japanese and focus on japan for year. Each time they showed something at E3 in recent year, it was by hijacking another event in a collaboration (like sonic at nintendo's show). They don't give a crap about E3.

Let's just make a recap, Shenmue 3 was delayed between july and dec 2018, you need to have a E3 reveil maximum for holiday season in the west, but why care about this now since it would had release at the same time has the #3. If they show it at TGS, they would have more than 6 month for a march-april release which seem like the best for an economic stand point. If you look at which month of the year a KS launch related to it success rate, it showed March-->May's the best, nov-dec make people spend for gift, jan-feb for refunding their debt on their credit card, march's when you have money and more freedom of buying thing and economy start again. Then Shenmue 3 get released in summer or in the begining of the holiday season, people who completed the hd collection would want to pledge for the third one or ask their parent.

So don't give up, 99 days left. mark your calendar for september 20 at 9pm edt.
HerbalNekoTea
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Kintor » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:48 am

Welcome to the board HerbalNekoTea. :)

I agree that TGS is the next likely stop for anything related to Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. The delay of Shenmue 3 itself has thrown everyone's predicted timeframes out of whack. In a sense E3 2017 is no longer so critically for any kind of announcement. There is now plenty more time for Sega to announce HD versions of Shenmue, particularly if they want to coordinate things with the eventual release of Shenmue 3.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:58 am

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we get nothing major regarding Shenmue HD or Shenmue III until E3 2018. With Shenmue III not seeing release until late next year, I think they'll just go for one 6 month long marketing push.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:53 am

Telekill wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

I've lost hope that Sega has half a brain. Their losing their window of opportunity to make some cash and I don't think they know whay they're doing anymore.

At this point, we have to presume Sega is either going all-in with Shenmue Remasters at E3 2018 after a Shenmue III Trailer or doesn't give a flying deuce.

Guess we gotta wait another year.

Sigh.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:54 am

SickOctopus wrote: What about Gamescom? I've never followed it, but could that be worth keeping an eye on for a reveal?

For HD maybe, for III I don't think so, if that is even something to think about.
Not that Yu Suzuki absolutely has to attend the show when they reveal Shenmue III but I feel he has to. And as far as I know he has never ever set foot in Germany (wich is sad for me)[that rhymed with no intention whatsoever].
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 am

HerbalNekoTea wrote: Just registered after looking at this threat, seeing you writing some defetetist answer about the E3. Since i had the mindset for some month that it was more probable for an announcement at E3 because of dec 2017 release of shenmue 3. Then it got delayed until second half of 2018.

Let me all prove you wrong, in 99 days, the Tokyo Game Show will happen, since i was in the past a Phantasy Star Online 2 player on JP server for some year with 2600h cummulated, let me say this to you all for giving you a big smile of hope.

Sega for year's doing a conference and live stream at each Tokyo Game Show with some senyuu of the PSO2 game and some animator for 30min, then they show other game on that event like that another mmorpg, mobage, yakuza, etc. They have around 2h of content to show or more. Namco Bandai, Square Enix and many more show a lot of content at TGS.

Let me make you remember, even if Sega's originally from USA, their main headquarter became japanese and focus on japan for year. Each time they showed something at E3 in recent year, it was by hijacking another event in a collaboration (like sonic at nintendo's show). They don't give a crap about E3.

Let's just make a recap, Shenmue 3 was delayed between july and dec 2018, you need to have a E3 reveil maximum for holiday season in the west, but why care about this now since it would had release at the same time has the #3. If they show it at TGS, they would have more than 6 month for a march-april release which seem like the best for an economic stand point. If you look at which month of the year a KS launch related to it success rate, it showed March-->May's the best, nov-dec make people spend for gift, jan-feb for refunding their debt on their credit card, march's when you have money and more freedom of buying thing and economy start again. Then Shenmue 3 get released in summer or in the begining of the holiday season, people who completed the hd collection would want to pledge for the third one or ask their parent.

So don't give up, 99 days left. mark your calendar for september 20 at 9pm edt.

I respect Peter and give credit to its words on what's supposed to be happening behind the curtains, but i have to call what i see and 100% agree with the post above.

Time is running out for Shenmue HD release, and i don't see why they wouldn't at least announce it if the games are really in development... i think i'm neither positive nor negative about the remasters, just being realistic.

It goes without saying that i hope Peter is right.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III