Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby Kiske » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:25 am

Well, that's YOUR opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if you also said for 10 years that Shenmue 3 would never happen.

As for myself, I prefer to live in a "fantasy world" where people still believe Shenmue HD can happen and are ready to fight for it.

drunkensailor wrote: I've been saying for 10 years and i'll say it again; there won't be a shenmue hd rerelease. not ever. can't believe so many people here get their hopes up based on nothing. why would sega re-release these games? answer that question. there is no reason. hell even square had to bend backwards to do hd rereleases of final fantasy 10 (and now 12) which actually was a commercial monster success unlike shenmue. and shenmue is more expensive to rerelease as well.

Kiske has received 3 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, SheepheadCG, Suzuki Yu
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 am

Second tweet from Sega Forever on twitter:

https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/ ... 4964283393

Edit: Also found a video from someone who received the package from Sega:
phpBB [video]
Last edited by SheepheadCG on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Tweeted by Shenmue Forever:

Awsome work! Great great!!!! =D>
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:53 am

In an interview, Shuhei Yoshida stated:

"There are things we have held [back],” Yoshida laughed. “We chose not to show those at E3 2017, but there will be some more news coming out from our teams later this year. No question.”

Still hope for PSX, as Shenmue HD didn't fit in with their lineup, not without III there.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 pm

drunkensailor wrote: I've been saying for 10 years and i'll say it again; there won't be a shenmue hd rerelease. not ever. can't believe so many people here get their hopes up based on nothing. why would sega re-release these games? answer that question. there is no reason. hell even square had to bend backwards to do hd rereleases of final fantasy 10 (and now 12) which actually was a commercial monster success unlike shenmue. and shenmue is more expensive to rerelease as well.

Im really not a told you so person, and i have a dislike for people who are. But for this one time, i will happily say a big fuck you when the HD remake is indeed announced, after all the years of having to read your negativity both concerning Shenmue 3, as well as HD remakes.

Of course, when the HD remakes are announced, you will probably bitch and moan about them too since, ya know, thats what you do. Why change now, eh?

Peter has received 4 thanks from: delvec19, SheepheadCG, SledgeNE, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Peter wrote:

Im really not a told you so person, and i have a dislike for people who are. But for this one time, i will happily say a big fuck you when the HD remake is indeed announced, after all the years of having to read your negativity both concerning Shenmue 3, as well as HD remakes.

Of course, when the HD remakes are announced, you will probably bitch and moan about them too since, ya know, thats what you do. Why change now, eh?

Don't listen to him, he's just a drunken sailor in need of some lovin'.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Valascaziel wrote: In an interview, Shuhei Yoshida stated:

"There are things we have held [back],” Yoshida laughed. “We chose not to show those at E3 2017, but there will be some more news coming out from our teams later this year. No question.”

Still hope for PSX, as Shenmue HD didn't fit in with their lineup, not without III there.

I think this may have been more in reference to Sony's first party offerings; which I believe Yoshida is in charge of.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Technophilz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Shuhei Yoshida admitted that Sony held back on E3 2017 announcements, so we now know for sure that there are more titles to be shown soon including Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Resident Evil 2 Remake, and hopefully Shenmue HD.
Never say never, but again it's Sega ...

phpBB [video]
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:34 pm

SEGA FOREVER "liked" Shenmue Forever's post. Of course they're probably liking everything Tweeted at them, but hey, more eyes on Shenmue from Sega. Never say never and never give up.

By the way, that was an incredible image to Tweet out to seize on the specific marketing gimmick they're using.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: celsowm
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Gotta love this comment. I'll save it for posteriority as by the time Shenmue HD is finally announced, it will be even much more satisfying looking back to these posts.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Marcelinho
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm

If there is one person within the community whos work gets overlooked, and doesnt get nowhere near enough praise as he should, its Kiske.

There are a lot of people who do great work for Shenmue, but he really is one of the silent heroes since Shenmue 3 became a reality. His passion is unmatched, and his ideas and support across all of the Shenmue community sites is something that is to be absolutely commended.

Just wanted to give him is due live and respect.

Bravo sir, and thank you for so much hard work! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Peter wrote: If there is one person within the community whos work gets overlooked, and doesnt get nowhere near enough praise as he should, its south carmain

ftfy
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:35 pm

drunkensailor wrote: I've been saying for 10 years and i'll say it again; there won't be a shenmue 3 release. not ever. can't believe so many people here get their hopes up based on nothing. why would sega release this game? answer that question. there is no reason. hell even square had to bend backwards to do sequels of final fantasy 10 (and 10-2) which actually was a commercial monster success unlike shenmue. and shenmue III is more expensive to make as well.

How this post would have looked 5 years ago. What do we do with a drunken sailor?
phpBB [video]

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, FlagshipFighter
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby celsowm » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:41 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: SEGA FOREVER "liked" Shenmue Forever's post. Of course they're probably liking everything Tweeted at them, but hey, more eyes on Shenmue from Sega. Never say never and never give up.

By the way, that was an incredible image to Tweet out to seize on the specific marketing gimmick they're using.

Will be...well...strange... if they have implemented a RetroArch Dreamcast Emulation for Shenmue I & II in this service
celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Kiske » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Peter wrote: If there is one person within the community whos work gets overlooked, and doesnt get nowhere near enough praise as he should, its Kiske.

There are a lot of people who do great work for Shenmue, but he really is one of the silent heroes since Shenmue 3 became a reality. His passion is unmatched, and his ideas and support across all of the Shenmue community sites is something that is to be absolutely commended.

Just wanted to give him is due live and respect.

Bravo sir, and thank you for so much hard work! =D> =D> =D> =D>

I don't know what to say Peter.
Thank you. :heart:

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III