Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby south carmain » Sun May 21, 2017 5:42 pm

This thread made me rewatch the GT reaction a few times again. That reaction will always be a part of shenmue history.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 pm

A week and a half for the next kickstarter update, maybe they say something about if they are going to show a trailer at E3 although it could be a suprise...time goes on so slowly... ](*,)
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby south carmain » Sun May 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: A week and a half for the next kickstarter update, maybe they say something about if they are going to show a trailer at E3 although it could be a suprise...time goes on so slowly... ](*,)

Cedric said in French that they hope they'll have a great trailer for us soon so if it's not part of the kickstarter update I'm betting on it being for E3.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby ConanTheKing » Sun May 21, 2017 9:15 pm

south carmain wrote:
Hazuki00 wrote: A week and a half for the next kickstarter update, maybe they say something about if they are going to show a trailer at E3 although it could be a suprise...time goes on so slowly... ](*,)

Cedric said in French that they hope they'll have a great trailer for us soon so if it's not part of the kickstarter update I'm betting on it being for E3.

Hey man, I have been out of the loop for ages but was Cedric the guy that was in the streams when the kickstarter was still taking money?
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 pm

ConanTheKing wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Hey man, I have been out of the loop for ages but was Cedric the guy that was in the streams when the kickstarter was still taking money?

Cedric Biscay is the founder of Shibuya productions the company working with Yu Suzuki on shenmue 3. this guy:
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby mrandyk » Sun May 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Peter wrote: Random factoid for the day:

By this date in the E3 & Shenmue 3 2016 thread, we had 8 pages worth of comments.

This year - 32.

The attention is real.

Zero substance though. Just read through the last 10+ pages expecting to find something fueling the hype, got nothing. (Not expecting anything at E3 either, was just hopeful the post count meant news)
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 am

Himuro wrote: Hmmm. So a remaster would be the best thing to get. Not that I'm complaining.

I think in the scheme of things, a remaster is a good thing to get. One, it means if our Dreamcasts all die, we can still at least play Shenmue 1 & 2 on updated hardware. Two, it gives everyone a chance to play the prequels before Shenmue 3 comes out.

Disadvantage is the lack of updated graphics for today's standards. Everyone would love a Nocon Kid remake, but that would take a long time with some updated controls (and an option for classic controls as well).

fittersau has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Mon May 22, 2017 3:07 am

Just followed the discussion between ShenmueGuru and "Backflip" on NeoGAF.

I just wish I could say more than I have so far. When the game is announced, I will explain why I was so vague.

Just can't wait to get those explanations... :-k
Last edited by Kiske on Mon May 22, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Himuro » Mon May 22, 2017 3:44 am

:-k
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:55 am

Kiske wrote: Just followed the discussion between ShenmueGuru and "Backflip" on NeoGAF.

I just wish I could say more than I have so far. When the game is announced, I will explain why I was so vague.

Just can't wait to get those explainations... :-k

I suppose he doesn't say a word for not breaking some kind of NDA. The thing is, people who say these things it seems they don't know when Sega is going to confirm it but starting rumors about it before E3 is suspicious...or simply just want some clicks in their websites.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 am

Everybody likes to play the insider, with hopes of being the one to say "I told you so."

I'll never understand people who have worked hard in an industry they'd have to be passionate about to be in the privileged position to know some secrets, who then feel the need to play the big I Am on internet forums. If that's what makes their job rewarding then they probably chose the wrong career.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Kiske » Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 am

Not to mention those kind of insider info work on me like a moth to a flame, burned by the desire to know more, at the risk of burning my "wings" and getting hurt.

I'm gonna try to remove this from my brain until E3... at least.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Everybody likes to play the insider, with hopes of being the one to say "I told you so."

I'll never understand people who have worked hard in an industry they'd have to be passionate about to be in the privileged position to know some secrets, who then feel the need to play the big I Am on internet forums. If that's what makes their job rewarding then they probably chose the wrong career.

Exactly what I was saying to him. I don't understand it, I mean what's worse is that if there is no Shenmue HD announced for a while yet, he gets to essentially deny responsibility due to the wording of his articles/tweets/posts. All the while, the ones who suffer the most are Sega, YSNET, even Yu Suzuki (due to how fickle the public can be), as people look to assert blame and vent frustration at a no show. A responsibility to an outlets reader doesn't exist anymore. Articles like this are not written for a reader first and foremost, they are written for self gratification at most.

As E3 comes closer, I can't help feel that any excitement I feel is turning into nerves more and more. If there is nothing shown, both in an update form or at E3, I will be very concerned for an inevitable backlash that would more than likely follow. I sincerely hope they realise that.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Let's Get Sweaty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kiske » Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am

I can only agree and there is nothing more to be said about this matter I guess.

One can only hope that no matter what happens, it won't harm Suzuki-San and the team.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon May 22, 2017 8:15 am

Well, fuck, thats the second person that has "teased" the remasters being in the works....one person can be fucking about, but two?

Or maybe he is a small time journalist who read the CEO's comments and jumped on them in hope that the games get announced, and he can get some popularity by saying that he too knew about them.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III