Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby Peter » Mon May 22, 2017 8:31 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Well, fuck, thats the second person that has "teased" the remasters being in the works....one person can be fucking about, but two?

Or maybe he is a small time journalist who read the CEO's comments and jumped on them in hope that the games get announced, and he can get some popularity by saying that he too knew about them.

3 arguably legit sources:

Rice Digital
just Add Water CEO
Gameblog journalist (France based)

All of them say that Shenmue HD is real. We can assume from this that it's already developed and Segas comments are double speak. But none of them even hint at a release date or even an E3 announcement.

Could it be possible that Sega went ahead and had the games developed, but there are indeed legalities with in game products etc, that prevent them from announcing it's existence and/or release?

As the journalist says, there is indeed a hold up.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 22, 2017 9:02 am

Peter wrote:But none of them even hint at a release date or even an E3 announcement.

The more detail they commit themselves to, the more they leave themselves open to being disproved. Currently, HD remasters could be announced in 2019 and these people would be quoting their old posts and rattling their plaudit tins.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Peter » Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 am

Very true.

Regardless of E3, it really does feel like the journey is almost at its end. The re-release will happen, I think it's safe enough now to ask, "when" and not "if". In typical fashion, it's going to take the most effort now to try and remain patient to getting over the line. It's within touching distance, and weeks feel like decades right now.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Kiske
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby fittersau » Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am

Peter wrote: Very true.

Regardless of E3, it really does feel like the journey is almost at its end. The re-release will happen, I think it's safe enough now to ask, "when" and not "if". In typical fashion, it's going to take the most effort now to try and remain patient to getting over the line. It's within touching distance, and weeks feel like decades right now.

I agree, its a similar feeling to E3 2015 when we were in midst of Shenmue 3 hype/tweets and suddenly Suzuki tweets that he's in California, then he tweets a forklift... it's was basically confirmed then for me. The stage announcement was really the icing on the cake by Adam Boyes.

There's enough circumstantial evidence to show Sega is serious about Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, however... for me the timing isn't quite there, but still could show up. Who knows.. :rotflmao:
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 am

Without neglecting the essential caution about what are still rumors and in no way official confirmation that Shenmue HD is saved, I think we could at least grant ourselves a second of geniune joy...
After all, future looks brighter now than it looked two years ago to the day.

The major worry I still have is whether or not, will Shenmue HD be ready before Shenmue 3 comes out.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Peter » Mon May 22, 2017 9:39 am

It's worth bearing in mind that Shenmue is a Christmas game, both set at that time of year, and also was released at that time of year. Logic would say that a December release is more than likely (18th anniversary?). That means an announcement can come potentially any month after E3.

The hold up that's hinted at, could be that there will be an announcement that Shenmue 3 is delayed, and the December 2017 plans may be "transferred" to Shenmue HD. It makes sense. That would make a Shenmue 3 trailer and delay announcement at E3, followed by a standalone Sega announcement of HD releases in the following months (September seems to scream at me for some reason). Sega like to do their own standalone announcements anyways.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 am

Peter wrote:The re-release will happen, I think it's safe enough now to ask, "when" and not "if". In typical fashion, it's going to take the most effort now to try and remain patient to getting over the line.

The "when" is too important to just wait patiently now. The timing of any remasters will have a significant influence on sales of Shenmue 3, and in particular on early sales, which tend to be the figures most judgments (by companies, journalists, and consumers) are based on. As long as there's uncertainty over whether Shenmue 1 & 2 will be available in time for 3's release, then it's too soon to relax - regardless of what we feel would make the most sense.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Peter
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Peter » Mon May 22, 2017 10:05 am

Oh no no no, I agree completely. I meant "be patient", in the context of if E3 comes and goes without a HD announcement, to just remain patient and calm. Keep doing what everyone is doing with campaigning etc. But just to not fly off the handle and deem the whole thing over.

Peter has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

Gon - Everyday, without neglect, to keep training

Dan - Be brave and stay calm to make the right decision

Jie - Judge yourself without conceit and do not show moves thoughtlessly

Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right

Now isn't a bad time to keep the Wudes in mind. :lol:

Kiske has received 3 thanks from: Himuro, Let's Get Sweaty, Peter
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Himuro » Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Well, fuck, thats the second person that has "teased" the remasters being in the works....one person can be fucking about, but two?

Or maybe he is a small time journalist who read the CEO's comments and jumped on them in hope that the games get announced, and he can get some popularity by saying that he too knew about them.

He's been teasing them for months. This is nothing new.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby delvec19 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:43 am

3 LONG weeks away!
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 am

having a monthly update relieves me a little in the wait for the E3.
i'm hoping that in the next update they say something about their presence at the E3, although I feel it could be a surprise unnanouced. :)
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby James Brown » Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 pm

They need to hurry up, Shenhua's getting on a bit...

James Brown has received a thanks from: Jibby
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby delvec19 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:42 pm

AAAaaAaaaaHHhhhhhhh
delvec19

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
The "when" is too important to just wait patiently now.

Ok, tomorrow I'll grab my katana and march towards... (!?)

shredingskin has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III