Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

Postby ShenGCH » Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I think it's our lucky day:

If that's their address right there, we now know exactly where to send the card :D

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Thu May 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Yeap. I saw that too.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu May 11, 2017 4:58 pm

It's on their website anyway.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby yuc02 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:25 am

How about we send a variety of gifts for the other team members? We know who some of them are, and I think gifts based on their specific roles would be quite nice
yuc02
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: yuc2002
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonoshee » Fri May 12, 2017 7:19 am

Now what is in that package I wonder... :P :-"
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri May 12, 2017 7:24 am

Sonoshee wrote: Now what is in that package I wonder... :P :-"

https://twitter.com/HyruleOtaku/status/ ... 9333493764

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby James Brown » Sun May 14, 2017 9:16 am

I'm also willing to help out with anything that is planned, I think it's a very nice thoughtful thing to do! Whilst i'm sure the team are aware of how grateful all the fans are, it's like with anything in life, when someone buys you a gift, or thinks of you, even a card, it makes you smile...it's a nice thing to do for the team to express appreciation in more ways than just the initial funding :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Himuro » Mon May 15, 2017 11:33 am

This week we are going to get organized on doing something. We need to have this in Japan by the time E3 starts.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

I assume part of the care package will be a nice group message of encouragement to the team?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 am

Spaghetti wrote: I assume part of the care package will be a nice group message of encouragement to the team?

Uh...yeah? That's the entire point.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Himuro wrote:Uh...yeah? That's the entire point.

I had the impression there would be something else we'd include, but maybe I'm just remembering the original details incorrectly.

Either way I'm all for it.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby RyoShenmue » Tue May 16, 2017 3:30 am

As another said, the money raised and or earned as profit is enough in a monetary sense. I am not here to argue, it is what it is. I mean you do not go to Mc Donalds and give them a fruit basket or even a card. They get paid for what they do. Although I always thank them and wish them a good day.

However, this is a bit different. We as fans have been clamouring over a new Shenmue since forever and a "moral" boost would be nice! It shows we go beyond just wanting another game and that we actually care. I am not sure how many events like this has happened, where fans from around the world came together and got game developers to make another game that was potentially canceled, on the back burner or rights to said game made it stay in limbo!

-A card/email for sure is a good moral booster.

-A fruit basket would be nice...

-Flowers I suppose...

-How about a dozen (a few dozen?) pizzas?

-Pictures of cosplaying Shenmue or even a video (The later would be difficult because obviously a few of us would need to be able to get together. However as a funny side note, we could use some actors over and over again and or voices just as the games do.) Or just have the view of us speaking from behind another character's shoulder and pieced together, provided the back grounds were not too obviously different and jarring.

-A comic/manga or even a fan fic or individual drawn pictures (A Deviant Art website group would be good for that.)

-Pictures of us holding our original games in hand in "poses"

-Just simple personal letters or emails of how much we have enjoyed the games and have been wishing for another.

-Lastly, for now... If anyone is near their offices, dress up as Shenmue characters and go over there personally and act out scenes even asking for Lan Di. (And hopefully do not get arrested in the process... :lol: ) A band aid is cheap as well as jeans... Just need that jacket and get the hair right. (Or even deliver the pizzas, card, fruit basket, etc. yourselves dressed up.)
RyoShenmue
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby b_ren » Tue May 16, 2017 1:14 pm

I think just a simple card with the a gift (fruit basket or drink or whatever) saying something like this gift is another way to say thank you from the fans (listing everyone who donated) would go down really well.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Tue May 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Yeah, let's do that. Let's get to work on that card. How are we going to have it signed?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Tue May 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Himuro wrote: Yeah, let's do that. Let's get to work on that card. How are we going to have it signed?

In my own personal opinion, someone who has met/has been in contact with the team/Yu Suzuki, should be the one to send it.

If its a card and stuff, we pool the cash, this person buys it, we send a list of all our names to be put in said card and they send it off.

Simple and bare-bones, but I think it would be effective enough. As for a fruit basket or something, we could get someone in Nippon to do that, pool cash and send money to them (Switch?) as it would be easier/more effective.

Sorry if my ideas are lame; not sure if its just Canada or the whole world, but customs has been unnecessarily cracking down on things and I find the only way you get something to reach it's destination, is if its from someone you know or its done internally, in the country (purchased multiple items in November and got them all in the past month. Even registered mail from Play-Asia {Ryu ga Gotoku 6}, was delayed 40 days. Insane).
Truck_1_0_1_

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III