Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

Postby Himuro » Tue May 09, 2017 5:23 pm

We've been talking about this off and on. We've had the idea of thanking the team for their hard work. This includes Shibuya Productions and YS Net. I think in the final or so year of development, it would really give a boost of morale for the team. They truly deserved to be thanked in a real, authentic manner that is deserving of the Shenmue fanbase.

This thread is for ideas. ShenGCH had the idea of a massive card that is signed by various Shenmue fans around the world. I had the idea of giving the team a fruit basket.

Any idea would be nice. We are currently coordinating teaming up with Shenmue 500k and possibly Team Yu to see what we can get off the ground because the team deserves support and thanks, and if the industry won't do it, like always we'll carry this by ourselves.

Himuro has received 6 thanks from: Axm, b_ren, Hazuki00, nskachu, ShenGCH, Spaghetti
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Himuro wrote:
This thread is for ideas. ShenGCH had the idea of a massive card that is signed by various Shenmue fans around the world. I had the idea of giving the team a fruit basket.

I think both are great ideas, but I'd prefer the card signed with some words thanking them for their hard work and giving us the opportunity to see the adventures of Ryo again.

I'd gladly participate :D

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: Himuro
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Himuro » Tue May 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Hazuki00 wrote:
Himuro wrote:

I think both are great ideas, but I'd prefer the card signed with some words thanking them for their hard work and giving us the opportunity to see the adventures of Ryo again.

I'd gladly participate :D

Ideally I'd like to do both but as this is a community we should all have a say on what we do. And I agree that the card should thank them for the hard work and opportunity to see our Samurai Boy again.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby b_ren » Tue May 09, 2017 6:31 pm

A gift sounds awesome, I'd be willing to donate to that or help out in anyway.

We pretty much are in the last year of development really aren't we? so perhaps we should do something soon.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 am

I'm pretty useless when it comes to ideas, but I am more than happy to put some funds in for whatever is decided.

Yu and the team are clearly working hard to give us the game we want (Yu looked so exhasuted in the last backer update).

They deserve to know that we are, as ever, very appreciative of their efforts.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ChiefNeo » Wed May 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Himuro wrote: We've been talking about this off and on. We've had the idea of thanking the team for their hard work. This includes Shibuya Productions and YS Net. I think in the final or so year of development, it would really give a boost of morale for the team. They truly deserved to be thanked in a real, authentic manner that is deserving of the Shenmue fanbase.

Any idea would be nice. We are currently coordinating teaming up with Shenmue 500k and possibly Team Yu to see what we can get off the ground because the team deserves support and thanks, and if the industry won't do it, like always we'll carry this by ourselves.

You want to thank them? Don't threaten to run to the media if they don't show up at e3. Lol.
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jibby » Wed May 10, 2017 8:39 pm

People say stupid things when they're upset. I'm sure we're all guilty of it in life. As long as you learn from these mistakes, I don't see a reason not to forgive. Let's not provoke arguments on a thread that's supposed to be about doing something nice.

Jibby has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Himuro, nskachu
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Wed May 10, 2017 9:16 pm

ChiefNeo wrote:
Himuro wrote: We've been talking about this off and on. We've had the idea of thanking the team for their hard work. This includes Shibuya Productions and YS Net. I think in the final or so year of development, it would really give a boost of morale for the team. They truly deserved to be thanked in a real, authentic manner that is deserving of the Shenmue fanbase.

You want to thank them? Don't threaten to run to the media if they don't show up at e3. Lol.

That was months ago and I owned up to my mistake. I was emotional and I'm sorry. It has nothing to do with this topic and quite petty to bring up.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby iyapol » Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

A nice gesture, but I think they can treat themselves with the $6,000,000+ we gave them.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Thu May 11, 2017 5:06 am

iyapol wrote: A nice gesture, but I think they can treat themselves with the $6,000,000+ we gave them.

I'm not sure I understand the thought process here.

The monetary value of whatever we give them doesn't actually matter, it's more of a morale thing.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu May 11, 2017 5:13 am

Spaghetti wrote:
iyapol wrote: A nice gesture, but I think they can treat themselves with the $6,000,000+ we gave them.

The monetary value of whatever we give them doesn't actually matter, it's more of a morale thing.

Either way, nobody's forcing anyone to do anything.

If there are people here willing to do a gesture to raise the team morale, they are free to do it and nobody shall try to convince them that they got enough money to buy wine, food, fruits or whatever by themselfs.
It's not the point of the topic.

Kiske has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby iyapol » Thu May 11, 2017 6:33 am

Spaghetti wrote:

I'm just unsure why people feel the need to thank the team for something they're being paid millions of dollars to do. But each to their own.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Thu May 11, 2017 7:03 am

iyapol wrote:I'm just unsure why people feel the need to thank the team for something they're being paid millions of dollars to do. But each to their own.

If you don't want to contribute, that's fine.

But you know that it doesn't matter how much money they made on Kickstarter, they can't buy themselves a morale boost. We can. Doesn't matter if it's worth £5 or £500, the point is gestural to let the team know we're still cheering them on. They're people, not robots.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 11, 2017 7:16 am

THey're sad because Le Pen lost the election.

I don't think fruit will make a difference.

France you blew Shenmue III !
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shengoro86 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 am

Sorry I'm late to the thread.

Count me in!

I can't do much but I'll do the best I can :)

shengoro86 has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Ryno4
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Next

Return to Shenmue III