Michael Huber comments on no Shenmue 3 at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Michael Huber comments on no Shenmue 3 at E3

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:09 am

Oh man... at first I expected E3 for Shenmue remasters. But now I can't help myself from becoming seriously hyped for the big thing.

Sonoshee wrote:
Vergalho das 5 wrote: Why the fuck is my post attributed to Himuro?!

Because, according to the IP check, you're one and the same lol

Nice try [-X

I and another ones have kept contacts with Himuro and she said that she's not implied at all in this, she has proofs and she doesn't know how the impostor has made this possible. And proofs or not, according her tone and the person, I believe her.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:25 am

Either way, she will not be back on these boards so I would build a bridge as quickly as you can. Keep it on topic.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Peter wrote: Good to see the positivity and hype still coming from the man after the update

phpBB [video]

I love watching this guy talk about Shenmue. =D>
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Just as Huber has in the past, Easy Allies colleague Ben Moore joined the #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon today.

(Edit: And now Huber again.)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 am

This weeks podcast seen the guys give their percentage chance on the likelihood of Shenmue HD being revealed by Sony on Monday.

Brandon Jones - 60%
Daniel Bloodworth - 70%
Kyle Bosman - 80%
Michael Huber - 100%

Peter has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:19 am

Peter wrote: This weeks podcast seen the guys give their percentage chance on the likelihood of Shenmue HD being revealed by Sony on Monday.

Brandon Jones - 60%
Daniel Bloodworth - 70%
Kyle Bosman - 80%
Michael Huber - 100%

I think Huber's estimate might be slightly influenced by his bias for the series :lol: I do agree that we have a good chance of seeing them though although I'm not so sure at what percentage I would give to the sony conference specifically.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:59 am

Very true. But I have a thought...

Am I the only one concerned we could be focusing on the wrong show? As far as the rumor was concerned, Shenmue HD was set for PC only, with no idea if Sony would have a hand in it. So does that mean there's a possibility that it could be announced during the PC gaming show? I am not a PC gamer nor have I ever seen any of the E3 PC Gaming shows before so I don't know who their presentation layout is.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:09 am

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it's at Sony's show. Sega's at E3 this year, right? I think we'd be more likely to see an announcement from Sega than Sony.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 am

Yea, they announced their lineup yesterday but of course, no Shenmue.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrele ... LineUp.php

I have to be honest and of course I hope I am wrong, but I am just not feeling it at all. There's no hype there. I don't mean for HD to ever arrive, of that there's no doubt. But I can't see Sega anouncing it at E3. Looking at their current style, like Bayonetta and Vanquish, I can see the just tweeting our the HD remasters in some random Wednesday in a random month. No build up, just dropped. It's typical Sega, and also probably haven't involved Sony, keeping it for PC only.

But maybe that's a good thing, and watching these events, I won't be anticipating anything at all.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Telekill » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:11 am

I actually expected this video to be mostly Shenmue related. I was shocked when he said that Resident Evil 2 was his favorite game of all time and not Shenmue. Oh well. I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. Hoping for something Shenmue related but it won't kill me if it's a no show again.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Sappharad » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:14 am

Peter wrote: Very true. But I have a thought...

Am I the only one concerned we could be focusing on the wrong show? As far as the rumor was concerned, Shenmue HD was set for PC only, with no idea if Sony would have a hand in it. So does that mean there's a possibility that it could be announced during the PC gaming show? I am not a PC gamer nor have I ever seen any of the E3 PC Gaming shows before so I don't know who their presentation layout is.

Microsoft's presentation is tomorrow. As much as it wouldn't make sense given that 3 was announced as a PS4 Console Exclusive, I don't think it would completely eliminate them as an option for being the source of remaster news since that's being handled by Sega.

Microsoft is going to be talking a lot about their new Scorpio hardware tomorrow, and early details have made it sound very good. They'll no longer be lagging behind Sony on hardware performance like they have been for the last 3 years. But Microsoft badly needs titles that will provide good press for them. They have very few exclusives compared to PS4, and I don't think it would hurt them to show as many titles as they possibly can in their own presentation, especially since they lack a lot when it comes to Japanese developed games. Sony's E3 last year was honestly disappointing for me, they showed probably half of what they showed the year prior. By comparison I thought PSX was what I'd hope for as the norm.

If anyone has paid attention to console sales, Microsoft has fallen behind this generation. At this point, Sony has sold almost twice as many PS4's as Xbox One. Microsoft will solve their hardware disadvantage this year, but they really need to do something for games and I think this would be a good opportunity for them to show that they're trying. I don't follow them closely, but I recall reading about at least two high profile exclusives being cancelled. Even though I have no interest in buying an Xbox One with Scorpio sounding like excellent hardware, I hope Microsoft recognizes their need to offer some titles that will help people choose them over Sony. (Or have both. It's pretty easy to justify having both a Switch and PS4, but harder to justify having all 3)
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:24 am

Peter wrote:It's typical Sega, and also probably haven't involved Sony, keeping it for PC only.

But maybe that's a good thing, and watching these events, I won't be anticipating anything at all.

I would be beyond pissed if Shenmue HD Collection is announced as PC only. BEYOND pissed. If it's happening, it had better come to PS4 as well. It's the logical move. The sad part is that Sega hasn't been logical in nearly two decades.

Telekill has received a thanks from: darksniper
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Kiske » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Knowing SEGA, focusing on the Sony conference could be a mistake since I have the feeling an announcement could drop in any possible form.
During E3, at TGS or in the same manner they announced Bayonetta and Vanquish (although I think Shenmue is a "tiny bit" more a thing compared to those games).
If there is any kind of exclusivity (or time exclusivity) it could raise the odds to see an announcement during a conference like the Sony one.

As for the platforms Shenmue HD would be released for, I have no doubts it will come to Playstation sooner or later.
I mean, remember picture of Yu and Gio holding Shenmue Japanese version together? How could the remasters not be released on a Sony system? Beside Shenmue 3 coming on PC and PS4? Come on... :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Peter wrote:So does that mean there's a possibility that it could be announced during the PC gaming show? I am not a PC gamer nor have I ever seen any of the E3 PC Gaming shows before so I don't know who their presentation layout is.

From what I've read, the PC show rarely contains big announcements, just the occasional little thing like exclusive horse armor DLC. That doesn't mean it can't happen of course.

Peter wrote:Yea, they announced their lineup yesterday but of course, no Shenmue.

From what I understand, those are the games that will be playable on the show floor. If they were going to announce a new game at the show, it wouldn't be on that list.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Peter
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Peter wrote:So does that mean there's a possibility that it could be announced during the PC gaming show? I am not a PC gamer nor have I ever seen any of the E3 PC Gaming shows before so I don't know who their presentation layout is.

From what I've read, the PC show rarely contains big announcements, just the occasional little thing like exclusive horse armor DLC. That doesn't mean it can't happen of course.

Peter wrote:Yea, they announced their lineup yesterday but of course, no Shenmue.

From what I understand, those are the games that will be playable on the show floor. If they were going to announce a new game at the show, it wouldn't be on that list.

When is the PC show? I'm checking out the youtube.com/e3 schedule and can't see anything - guessing it isn't a full conference that's why?
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III